Yankee JK KuzuHana-chan - Ch. 196 - The Day Before The Festival

Dex-chan lover
Maybe this will bring the girls to take some concrete action...but I'm still not sure.

Dex-chan lover
Why even bother taking nearly 200 chapters to build rapport with this guy, just ask him for it and he'll consider it already. :huh:

Dex-chan lover
Ya know a new girl sweeping in and actually entering a relationship with the main guy would be interesting I doubt the author will follow through

or will they :finnawoke:
Komi-san did that, but of course everyone knows it's not meant to be

Dex-chan lover
You'd think they'd know by now that Saotome hit the level 100 harem protag cap and has already filled out the Obliviousness section of his skill tree, which comes with the Immune to Commitment perk

(In all seriousness this is still mostly Takae's fault)

Double-page supporter
I was thinking that he really thought about it seriously real fast, but then the omake made it clear why he would legit do it, lmao

Dex-chan lover
Not sure it matters much how long the skirt is around that size. You can't really move without flashing anyway. And if you're on a raised stage...

Speak of the devil, and she shall appear.

It's not rude to keep a girl waiting if she's that aggressive.

He may be lacking a bit in the spine department, but I don't think he'll allow them to do that much to him. Unless he wants it.

Classic, "It's nothing!" meaning, "There's something!"

Yeah, he's thinking about it, because she's actually pressed the issue past his insecurities. Unlike the rest of them. It's like they all suffer from the childhood friend "curse".

These are not the eyes of mercy
Those are the eyes of reassessing the situation and planning to do something about it. Hopefully.

I think I said a while back that I wanted the winner to be a girl who actually asked him outright to date her.
That's traditionally a good way to actually start a relationship, rather than to hover around a guy in a pseudo-harem.

Dex-chan lover
Last joke panel is the reason why stringing along male protagonists in these romcoms don't pan out well in reality.

Building rapport with your prospective boyfriend over 1-2 years (which is already like half your Japanese highschool life) and not even ask him out directly is just asking to be snatched up by the first girl with any sort of initiative, even if they have the flimsiest reason to even ask him out (like "he just seems nice so let's try dating" is already enough).

Of course, it wouldn't be a true harem manga if every single partner wasn't equally lacking in initiative or else the story wouldn't be funny. :pacman:

Dex-chan lover
Page 8 final panel has some kind of awkward dialogue. "I'm going to be doing a show along Kuzuhana-senpai." What? A show alongside her? Or with her? "A show along Kuzuhana-senpai" makes no sense.

Aggregator gang
I was wondering what he meant. Maybe it was a translation error because he wouldn't want to bring up the fact that the Prez confessed to him.
Yeah I'm not sure that was the intended meaning... I interpret it more like he's trying to be considerate of her privacy by not discussing something so personal with third parties:

「孔雀先輩の気持ちを考えたら…
付き合うとかのほうは軽々しく他人には話せないよ…!」
"Taking into consideration Kujaku-senpai's feelings, I can't indiscreetly talk to other people about something like going out...!"

Dex-chan lover
she only took 10 chapters while most of the other girls had almost 200 chapters to actually make a move.
And him being so called „dense“ doesn’t count as an excuse.
They had their chances and no one took it.
Except for the prez

Dex-chan lover
Takae, who the MC has actually been on dates with: "I love you"
MC: That was probably just me mistaking something.

What's-her-face who he just met: "Go out with me."
MC: I'm considering being her boyfriend.

Last edited:
Supporter
Takae, who the MC has actually been on dates with: "I love you"
MC: That was probably just me mistaking something.

What's-her-face who he just met: "Go out with me."
MC: I'm considering being her boyfriend.
He has ugly history with Takase. That may all be in the past now, but it still colors how he interprets her currently.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I'm not sure that was the intended meaning... I interpret it more like he's trying to be considerate of her privacy by not discussing something so personal with third parties:

"Taking into consideration Kujaku-senpai's feelings, I can't indiscreetly talk to other people about something like going out...!"
If it was a translation error, then I'm actually relieved. I know people are sick of the whole pseudo-harem thing that this manga has got going on, I just want it all to be resolved in a good manner. Introducing someone so late in the game, and MC is thinking about accepting being her BF just cause she confessed. I like to think that he's not that dense that he doesn't think the girls all don't like him, he's just too cautious and not want to cause damage to their friendship.

Dex-chan lover
I was gonna complain about how Saotome is seriously considering going out with Kujaku.
But yeah, the credits page makes a very good point. She's the only one who explicitly asked him out.
I think a lot of guys would say yes in his position.

Fed-Kun's army
At this point I rather he date the student president than the rest of the girls since it is kinda getting old now with how long it takes for them to just ask him out. I understand that it is hard to ask someone out first, but how many times are we gonna see their resolve and determination to ask him out and then insert something that abrupt the moment and so on? They build their resolve, something happens and they are back with their "insecurities" again. I mean we have barely seen the student president but it did not take long time for him to understand her intent. I mean if you know he is dense and can't take hints, why not just be straight forward instead with "Oh Hodaka, you are such a dumbass" and then moving on with life? Yes I get that the story would end much quicker if it happened as soon as they understood their felling's but you know... since we are in chapter 200 it is getting old now. The reasons why I am still reading this manga is because I am still curious about what will happen in the story and which girl he will date.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
While Saotome is King of All Retards, I'm at the point where I think this would be more exciting if he just got with Kujaku and cucked everyone else. Not because I like him, but because I dislike their inaction.

The longer you keep things vague, the less likely anything serious is gonna happen. If Saotome truly thinks all the girls just see him as a friend and are teasing him, then it would be SO FUCKING EASY for the first girl to confess to win, cos then it'd just be "oh, she likes me as more than a friend. No one else does, and I'mattracted to her, so why not go out?"

Also, after Itachi, Seira is the best.

Users who are viewing this thread