Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 198 - Winter Nights Are Long

Dex-chan lover
Sadness isn't bad. Not every story ends in a magnificent or satisfying climax. Life certainly doesn't.

I'm very curious where Kotoyama will take this. Will they get back together? Or be controlled by fear? And will it change the lesson from Mahiru's and Kiku's romance?

One of my pet theories is that Kou would become a detective. I wonder if that was on the money.

I can attempt to grope for an understanding of how this story's going to go (for the second time, not that I'm dissatisfied with that analysis) with two chapters to go, or I can consider that Kou explicitly drew attention to his vampire shifter state (ch. 188, p.10), Nazuna will still be half-human by heritage, and-- as strange as it'd be for an author to not answer ambiguities-- it'd be baffling for the same author to not answer ambiguities prompted by details they themselves drew attention to.

He already came to completely empathize with Asakura after his and Nazuna's mutual confession (ch. 188, p.8).

Look, I'm not saying that I would have enjoyed Kou showing Nazuna that men are men and women are women even if the woman in question is a semi-ethereal 30 year old vampire...

HOWEVER.
dunno whatta u implied in however as if she isnt went to evening school 10 years ago when she was 20-30, bc she 30-40, and like, MAN, all her lifetime is asocial gaming, she's same kid as Kou..

Double-page supporter
Some things in life need build up to get satisfaction. I hope this is that build up.
I for sure hope this is just the build up towards a 100% pure sweet, happy ending.

My lungs hurt from violently huffing of Hopium (please Author-san, don't make me huff Copium too).
My eyes are red from the sobbing.
My heart is on the verge of breaking from sorrow and melancholy.

Double-page supporter
I did not sign up for such melancholy.

Take me back to the night they met.
(so that we can go back to them having dumb fun)

There is no good in goodbye.

I hope they do something decent with the last couple of chapters here, because otherwise it seems like this whole long manga has culminated in the message of "Hey It's fine to have fun and maybe even fall in love with something outside the norm, but you need to move on and become normal. Abandon your passion and love, go back to school, get a job, and marry a traditional woman."
Lmao couldn’t have said it better myself

Also, can we talk about the elephant in the room? This whole thing about Nazuna dying if she sucks Kou was assumed from the consequences of kiku and mahiru's thing. But that was anything but clear, both of them stayed in the sun until they were evaporated. It is very well possible that mahiru transformed into a vampire and kiku didn't suffer any changes, and both of them died to the sun. Without this having anything to do with love. So why the fuck was everyone so sure that a vampire loving a human and sucking their blood would kill them? If this doesn't get addressed, and it likely won't, it'll be a huge plot hole leading to a totally unconvincing ending. Kou and Nazuna definitely could be together.
Have to bring attention to this because holy crap this all feels forced as hell without addressing it.

Please someone tell me if I missed something or every single damn character is assuming the very first occurrence of something incredibly outlandish as the current iron clad truth instead of the much simpler explanation that has shown to be exactly how Vampires die.

Like why would you assuming falling in love is what killed them when the other explanation makes more sense? They were near an object of their love which we know weakens Vampires when the sun came up so they died.

Is there anything in the manga that makes it clear what happened outside of the characters and plot saying it over and over to try and trick readers into not thinking about it anymore so this drama can be forced in as the ending?

Aggregator gang
With what I said here, I just think that the whole manga is just teaching and telling Kou how others feel about him and making him learn and feel it himself like, happiness through friendship, love and jealousy, trusts and betrayal. Now that he knows this, the manga is ending but we the readers are just left unsatisfied and I got nothing else to say.
I mean, there is no way that it's the end for Kou, even if he doesn't hang out with Nezune he still already made connections with other vampires, one of which is probably gonna come back to bother him specifically in a few years

Aggregator gang
Once again, they're working with the info they have, most people would be very apprehensive if one risky bite can make you potentially die AND kill your beloved. Especially since Nezuna, despite her age, is quite childish when it comes to "serious" topics, and perspective of Death (Especially since she was presumably immortal) is hard to be childish about.
From her perspective(She probably knows second hand from blood) that feelings can change, pass and come again, but death is final.
If they do a fucking timeskip I'm not buying a single volume. They ain't getting a dime from me. This motherfucker can't pull the same fucking shit ending twice. And the detective wondering if kou was a monster or a human, his half vampirism, everything they shoved it up their asses apparently. That went nowhere. I wonder if this got axed
I would honestly take a "To be continued..." over a timeskip

Dex-chan lover
I mean, what ending did we want though?

Because I actually have no clue.
Joy becomes a vampire, they stay together forever playing old video games.

That’s what we wanted. Not a bittersweet “coming of age” goodbye, now grow and be better.

Users who are viewing this thread