Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 20 Ch. 197 - More Than I Expected

Dex-chan lover
The thing is, context mattered. Now, just a few weeks ago, she saw what would happened if a vampire and a human felt in love with each other. They fucking died. Now, if that's not enough, her own mother, who she knew also loved a human, and even managed to have a kid (herself) and live with this man, is also, to her knowledge, dead and possibly with her husband too after giving birth to her. As far as she know, even if she loves him and they get together, it would only end in tragedy. I could see why she isn't considering to become a pair with him.
And not to mention she is practically immortal. Now sure Kou could also become a vampire, but are we sure is it the absolute correct decision for him? And even if he did, again, like I said up there, love between a human and a vampire has always, from what she knew, ended in tragedy. If they died together, that would actually be a good ending, but IF one of the survived, they would have to carry on living with tremendous guilt and regret for the rest of their lives. And this would means eternity for her, or him, if she reverted back to human and he becomes a vampire. I want everyone to be honest, would you want to live for eternity with the feeling of guilt and regret that you have killed the love of your life?
As such, with what the characters knew, again, what THE CHARACTERS knew in-universe, not us readers, hell even we didn't actually sure if she would live or not, that's how complicated the situation are, it's understandable why she would dismissed her own feeling like that if all she knew is that they would only ended in tragedy. They might not be together this way, but they can still meet and talk for years instead of becoming one with the sand on the beach.
And her mother too.
She likely died and had a human partner

Dex-chan lover
This fucking shit better do an u turn and not do a timeskip. This motherfucker can't end his two mangas in timeskip, he better be trolling. Like "haha yeah guys I know my other ending was shit and also had a timeskip, you thought I was gonna do the same for a minute there huuh? Gotcha!"

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I hope they play into the idea that she was a naturally born vampire to achieve a happy ending. They could also use the Mc being able to transform into a vampire without getting his blood sucked to achieve a happy ending. they have so many options to not mess this up. I swear if they do a time skip or make a sad ending then this would of been a huge time waster.

from 12/10 in 187 chapter to 0/10 in 197. leaved 1 star. its not even my broken heart but senseless plot-twist and disregard attitude of kotoyama and his last manga ending as hint. not one mention abt 2 week format too. this all shit with pg-13 boundaries and toothlessness btw.. do yall understood what shit kotoyama brought? there's no actual reason to end manga in this way, not even do this twist before fixing all to good ending in remaining 3 chapters because of lack of common sense.
1. isnt Nazuna loves him senseless? how it supposed to fade or how she supposed to live in hell? its fool how kotoyama turned it like she not so in love with him.
2. im tripping or kotoyama think her only reason to brake up and rip apart just to be loner sucking from randoms like officially? because its sex she said which is another nonsense because it is and also she said this when they started hanging out and she all that time wanted to joke around and fool him.
3. if u dont remember Kou 14 y.o. decided to drop school again like for Nazuna, who has literally nothing to do in life besides be with her and LITERALLY same for her. she dont like be immortal and she gonna loose everything best she had in whole life for..lol for what actually? tell me maybe. it all can be bad plot-twist before good one so why to cry but its kotoyama so..

I have a theory for some time and things are still dragging to that point. I think she won't be able to leave him and eventually suck his blood. BUT because she is a special natural born vampire, instead of aging she will successfully return back into human and continue her life from the age ~14 when she exactly became a vampire with adolescence. Kou also won't be a part-time vampire anymore. They will live as a happy human couple life together.

If this won't be the case, I can't accept a sad finale though. I realy want them to have a happy ending. They deserved it. We deserve it. I hope the author thinks the same.

Dex-chan lover
If they really do go with Nazuna's plan, I almost certainly wouldn't feel good about it, "quality" appraisal notwithstanding.

I still don't have a certain idea of what's going to happen next and I want to be as "along for the ride" as possible, but while I can understand if this follows the path of what Vonnegut termed a "boy meets girl" plot structure and/or encapsulates what I've read about the "masculine experience" being one of "union, separation, and reunion", I can't see the viability of Nazuna's plan-- said lack of confidence is juxtaposed with the blaring ambiguity regarding everything around Nazuna's nature, Kou's vampire shifting, and this sucking-the-blood-of-someone-you-love thing.

She could easily still pine for him after one year, or even ten years. Especially with her being expectant to meet him again and being reluctant about the idea of drinking the blood of others in the meantime, she might become even more enamored in the intervening time. Will they make sure to never cross paths in the meantime? Does that mean that Nazuna will also go somewhere else? Nazuna could fall for him all over again-- then what?

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Lotsa doom in this thread- I have to imagine that "the words won't come" means that Ko is trying to steel himself to tell Nazuna he doesn't want to go with her plan and do something else

Fed-Kun's army
If after a year Kou will be at risk of getting killed by the other vampires and subsequentally starts spending the rest of his life on the run (in Vietnam or wherever), why not risk some other plan invoving the suck?

But presumably nobody was actually serious about killing Kou just-because, what happens to his damphir powers after a year? do they disappear as well or does he end up stuck with them for life?

If it's the latter, what happens if after Nazuna returns she and Kou discover that their mutual feelings are still there? Will that 1-year rule still be a thing considering whatever's cuasing vampirism will still be affecting Kou?
If it's the former however, will it be just another cheesy ending where they spend the rest of Kou's lifetime together like nothing happened?

Unless Kotoyama has something up his sleeve, this seems like a mediocre ending either way.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The way it's headed it's literally like his other Manga. The main chick says she wants to marry the mc but has to leave to build her company or some shit but to keep it in mind next time they meet, timeskip, a year goes by, ends with her knocking on his door. I'm in denial about this mofo pulling the same fucking garbage ending twice

Dex-chan lover
oh boy here we go. Will the mangaka continue their streak of garbage endings? Stay tuned for the answer.

More than I expected :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
naaah... no no
Nazuna is a pure bred Vampire (has been a vampire since born) so any rule will be different.
Separating for 1 year will never make your feelings fade but it will get stronger. You're going to be super horny when you met Yamori in few years, Nazuna.

Users who are viewing this thread