Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 4 Ch. 34 - I must be horrible

Banned
People expecting these kids to behave rationally while forgetting they are middle schoolers full of hormones.... like.... why?????

Dex-chan lover
@marsbars There were multiple chapters in which she was a central figure. It's not exactly the mangaka's fault you're bad at remembering things.

Why are some of you acting like this is completely new information and filler? We knew about the confusion already as Mc mentioned it in the first chapter and we knew his friend as she's been a few chapters before. At most, we got some new info and a different perspective.

From a story perspective, this moment is important as it either starters him thinking about how he's different from other people or contributes to the differences he has noticed his self. This also gives more characterization to the MC and his friend.

Aggregator gang
Tbh im not mad at this chapter at all because it gives more context and character building on why Kou doesn't want to come to school and who started actions to lead him in this story.

@Crookshanks

Hum ... wasn't the reason he left school the fact that he simply didn't see the point of being there? I don't remember it having anything with a botched confession, atleast from his part.

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1 well people do lie to themselves and being in a bad mood can make you see things as worse than they really are

@twinklecake bro i see you all the time and i just gotta ask: why is your pfp vulpix ass ?

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1 yeah he said that, but if you look at him in this chapter it seems clear that he went from being bright and friendly to depressed when he was accused of being emotionless by the girl's friends. it would be kind of insane if that event had nothing to do with him leaving school

Dex-chan lover
some quality character development. I kinda figure that Yamori like Nazuna doesn't fully understand emotions of others and the ones they have or how to respond. That shit is confusing no matter the point in life you are, but it is far more problematic when you're young

Group Leader
people who are wondering about kou in this chapter should go reread chapter 1.

Dex-chan lover
Actually, that's pretty fucked up. Feeling that your indirect actions motivated by what you thought were good intentions had undesirable consequences over the lives of people you care about. And thereby find yourself thinking "I most be a horrible person" "If i haven't done this, will that person still be smiling?". Over that, Akira is in an age where she isn't mature yet to realize that it isn't really her fault at all.

Fuck, I love her as a character. I like where this manga is going.

In Melancholia by Dowman Sayman, there's a story that talks about this very issue. Is way more darker tho, and a lot of people find themselves caught in the cross-fire(There's a girl in a later chapter that becomes a shut-in because of it). But I think the resolution of the MC ends up making an interesting ending worth of detailed analysis. If you haven't read it yet, go check it out. If you have read it but don't remember, I'm gonna leave a secret word here
Is the Astronomy Club chapter

Dex-chan lover
Well, those girls maybe are nosy but they were only there to know why or how he made her cry, anyways still not their business

Users who are viewing this thread