Yowaki MAX Reijou nanoni, Ratsuwan Konyakusha-sama no Kake ni Notte Shimatta - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Caroline and Rainbow-colored Magic Sweet

Supporter
This feels like the moment in Ace Attorney games when the murderer is cornered on the stand and the attorney is 5 seconds away from presenting the case-winning piece of evidence.

Dex-chan lover
true
just makes the bitch stupid thou which also is even more hillarious as a perosn hwo Reincarnated and read the story
she should know even more how influential Rufus are

I kinda doubt she paid attention to the politics of the games lol

and she doesn’t need to worry about influence when she’s enslaved the Crown prince and a bunch of other people. She basically runs the kingdom…at least so she thinks. I’m guessing the king will spring next chapter and arrest her.

Dex-chan lover
But Rufus is the Prime Minister's son, right? How would he take the throne? Another sibling prince that's available is my bet atm.

Anyway, letting your son aka Crown Prince test the efficacy of a biochemical weapon is some shit. I wonder how much of a brat he had to be before the brainwashing took effect for his dad to be like "if he dies, he dies".

Rufus is brilliant and beloved. Wouldn’t take much to adopt him but yeah another sibling makes way more sense.

as for the CP sucking, that seems to be a very common thread in A lot of these series. The capture targets kinda need to suck or there’s no way they’d ditch their fiancées and Destabilize the entire Country for a low ranked girl just because they’re in love.

my favorite example is ”the villager wants to save the villainess” where (in the game) after exiling the villainess, the crown prince arranged for her to be kidnapped and raped so she can never return to noble society.

Dex-chan lover
as for the CP sucking, that seems to be a very common thread in A lot of these series. The capture targets kinda need to suck or there’s no way they’d ditch their fiancées and Destabilize the entire Country for a low ranked girl just because they’re in love.

my favorite example is ”the villager wants to save the villainess” where (in the game) after exiling the villainess, the crown prince arranged for her to be kidnapped and raped so she can never return to noble society.
The fact that a lot of og stories are just bad is one of the otome isekai tropes i dislike. In most of those stories the og heroine is the seducer, but "it's okay because the villainess threw a shoe at her one time". So it makes very little sense for it to be so popular and have people play their game as some righteous MC.

Also the fact that somehow many complete sociopaths seem to transmigrate into ogFL bodies. I've read the WN for that one (Villager A wants ot save the Villainess) so it's completely unhinged how that girl needs to see the villainess done like that. She's obsessed with it.

Dex-chan lover
What a fun episode! Wish we got to see more of the other "villainesses" in the story.

Dex-chan lover
Does this CP not have ears 😭 did he not just listen to the insane tirade she went on
remember kids, drugs may not actually kill brain cells

but you sure do act like they do while under the influence

So... this is the king's party right? I guess we get to see Uncle Johnny next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
1 Update time will take a while, by that time all hype/drive to read will have been cooled down.

2 brain dead characters, and tell me who here remembers that people were testing MC's theories on the drugged cookies? Cause I didn't until I read a comment on it.

3 boring cookie cutter brain dead villainess with no depth or uniqueness beyond drugged food. Like genuinely multi-reincarnated people is already a niche topic that disinterests people and adding on to the fact that I share the same species as that is insulting and turns me away

4 tell me, do you think this story will last much longer? Cause it feels like we are nearing the end, and some of us hate seeing the endings as they are afraid of disliking the story cause of a bad ending or some other reason

5 We've been getting oversaturated in romance works, and the original concept for this one was fun and unique at first, but it's just starting to blend with other things I read and it's just getting boring, bland, and just disappointing

6 What are the chances for a violent/satisifying end for the villainess?

7 in short as a summary, what does this work have others that I should read this? The answer, it updates occasionally and it's what we have access too atm

Contributor
1 Update time will take a while, by that time all hype/drive to read will have been cooled down.

2 brain dead characters, and tell me who here remembers that people were testing MC's theories on the drugged cookies? Cause I didn't until I read a comment on it.

3 boring cookie cutter brain dead villainess with no depth or uniqueness beyond drugged food. Like genuinely multi-reincarnated people is already a niche topic that disinterests people and adding on to the fact that I share the same species as that is insulting and turns me away

4 tell me, do you think this story will last much longer? Cause it feels like we are nearing the end, and some of us hate seeing the endings as they are afraid of disliking the story cause of a bad ending or some other reason

5 We've been getting oversaturated in romance works, and the original concept for this one was fun and unique at first, but it's just starting to blend with other things I read and it's just getting boring, bland, and just disappointing

7 in short as a summary, what does this work have others that I should read this? The answer, it updates occasionally and it's what we have access too atm
I think what I was confused by was why the rating would tank, all that stuff has basically been true the entire time (especially the boring heroine antagonist)

Dex-chan lover
Not a reason to downvote in my book.
Actually, most characters behave as should be expected. As long as you remember the plot, or read back on it.
The "capture targets" are basically brainwashed. If you forgot about it, that's your loss. Only one is not at all brainwashed (Rufus) and one is trying to make sense of the situation as his brainwashing has weakened and inconsistencies are revealed.
The heroine has already been shown to be delusional in previous chapters. She spoke about "the game" in front of "a mob" (Pia herself, unknowingly the "villainess" she was looking for). So she's also in-character here. And I don't know that for sure, but I think she was encouraged to think this way.
So she thinks of herself as "the heroine of a game" (not completely without reason btw) so what she blabbers about in public doesn't matter. They are just NPCs and mobs, so they are of no consequence in her view.
I expect more depth from someone more cunning (possibly her father, more likely someone a little more removed).

These three are basically the same argument. Downvoting because a disappointing ending can be expected.
However, there will be time to downvote after seeing the ending. Doing it early because one fears disappointment is... human, I'll grant you that. But still misplaced.
There is one originality that has persisted. The protagonist's fiance actually cooperated with her. Efficiently and to the end.
Granted, it isn't unprecedented, but in most similar stories the "game" will enforce "the heroine's" ability to seduce all "capture targets", or at the very least will grant her an opportunity to do so. Exceptions are the large minority.

I don't quite agree with some of your arguments, but the 4-5-6 are definitely plausible in my opinion.

Dex-chan lover
I haven't tried any otome games, but I'm guessing/hoping the protagonist doesn't seduce and sleep with engaged men in those games right? Even if there are harem endings?

Also, a person and situation like this seems to be the most apt use of bitch we'll ever come across.
I'm not certain honestly bc I've never played any with high school or nobility settings.

My otome/love sim game experience is limited to hustle cat (cafe/adult) , dandelion (college setting + teleported love interests) , that one that was set in a red light district (entirely adults), amnesia (not that one) (college), backstage pass (college/working adult) and the daddy dating game (working adult parent) . Out of all of them the only one that involved cheating was one route in the last game.

A lot of shoujosei isekai however are based on old otome games like angelique (who, themselves were inspired partly by series lile fushigi yugi and katara kana) however so perhaps that might involve it as a setting? I'll have a look at the tv tropes in a bit maybe.

(edit: premise of angelique directly states all men involved are single.

My next guess is that this is based on historical instances perhaps? Idk, i've heard of a lot of "my sister stole my fiance" type stories in yt history docus at this point orz. Even princess diana (uk wasnt originally supposed to marry the now king (who himself basically is the poster child for this kind of... Familiar terrible partner dynamic we see a lot in these stories) , her sister was and he decided he liked diana instead. :x)

(colleen's manga recs on yt has a great video on the subject for anyone interested, makes me hope one day all these dead manga posts with no eng translations will one day maybe have someone translating them ;-; it makes me sad how little jp shoujoseikai is actually being translated compared to korean romfan rn)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm not certain honestly bc I've never played any with high school or nobility settings.

My otome/love sim game experience is limited to hustle cat (cafe/adult) , dandelion (college setting + teleported love interests) , that one that was set in a red light district (entirely adults), amnesia (not that one) (college), backstage pass (college/working adult) and the daddy dating game (working adult parent) . Out of all of them the only one that involved cheating was one route in the last game.

A lot of shoujosei isekai however are based on old otome games like angelique (who, themselves were inspired partly by series lile fushigi yugi and katara kana) however so perhaps that might involve it as a setting? I'll have a look at the tv tropes in a bit maybe.

(edit: premise of angelique directly states all men involved are single.

My next guess is that this is based on historical instances perhaps? Idk, i've heard of a lot of "my sister stole my fiance" type stories in yt history docus at this point orz. Even princess diana (uk wasnt originally supposed to marry the now king (who himself basically is the poster child for this kind of... Familiar terrible partner dynamic we see a lot in these stories) , her sister was and he decided he liked diana instead. :x)

(colleen's manga recs on yt has a great video on the subject for anyone interested, makes me hope one day all these dead manga posts with no eng translations will one day maybe have someone translating them ;-; it makes me sad how little jp shoujoseikai is actually being translated compared to korean romfan rn)
I remember someone doing an essay on the topic, but the villainess vs heroine where the villainess is the fiancé to the capture target and the heroine steals the CT is something that is pretty rare in otome games. The theory is that someone happened to write a decently good/interesting story with this as the set up and thus became a template for these types of stories.

Aggregator gang
I wonder what the logic the author will set for allowing the King's son to continue to ingest harmful substances. Even if the officials are not completely sure it's harmful, it's still safer to err on the side of caution and stop him from taking more.
The reason for allowing him to continue was also explained. It's the same reason you don't cold-turkey from smoking or doing drugs.

Withdrawal symptoms. They can literally kill you if bad enough.

Aggregator gang
for people wondering about the f-ing audacity
he gladly takes this 'banishment', as a honeymoon with his maiden. in response, the kingdom appeals by serving punishment to the gaggle of lovestruck idiots. this is because of the substantial contributions both individuals made, and it's revealed that all of the innovations attributed to her family, are actually her own findings.
Please, I need to read this or see the manga, something
I'm desperate waiting for this lmao

Aggregator gang
As many have said, no, he doesn't.

Even if he does, "Being rude to Caroline" is not a justifiable reason to banish someone. Especially since this is a one time thing. She's merely a baron's daughter, while Rufus is a Marquis. He can be as rude as he wants to her if he wants to.

Not to mention that Rufus has been helping the kingdom as the prime minister's assistant. So banishing hi. for being rude one time to a baron's daughter who isn't even engaged to the crown prince isn't gonna fly.

Plus, with so many witnesses on what she said, not a single one of them will accept such a banishment.
Exactly. Caroline completely loses on all accounts in the court of public and legal opinion.

Dex-chan lover
The fact that a lot of og stories are just bad is one of the otome isekai tropes i dislike. In most of those stories the og heroine is the seducer, but "it's okay because the villainess threw a shoe at her one time". So it makes very little sense for it to be so popular and have people play their game as some righteous MC.

Also the fact that somehow many complete sociopaths seem to transmigrate into ogFL bodies. I've read the WN for that one (Villager A wants ot save the Villainess) so it's completely unhinged how that girl needs to see the villainess done like that. She's obsessed with it.

i think they’re just based on the tropes in actual Otome games which admittedly aren’t as popular here in the states, but I’ve heard are very common in Japan and often hit those beats. An mc who is beloved almost entirely because she’s poor and bullied and so endlessly upbeat.

as for the migrators always being sociopaths, while The degree of sociopathicness varies quite a bit, it does make sense that they’d be ticked if they were reborn as a protagonist and things didn’t go as the game said they would, especially when the “villainess” who the games taught them to hate, isn’t being hated by others. There’s also just an overall disconnect with the transmigrators as they often see the characters as being less than real, just game pieces to be manipulated. That’s how it was in taming the final boss, and weirdly enough, rising of the shield hero

Dex-chan lover
This real bitch crazy. Dumb, delusional, and annoying to the max.

Well, all the captured targets have effectively soured their reps. I can only hope Henry can recover a sliver of it.

Also, to hell with teacher capture targets.
i hate that i know people like this IRL

Users who are viewing this thread