Yumenashi-sensei no Shinroshidou - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Aspiration: Male Idol Part 4

Dex-chan lover
You began the rudeness, and you've never apologized.

He didn't need to be explicit, as all the antecedent remarks to which he was responding referred to the story-telling as such.

Yes, I have. But, because of your poor language skills, that discussion has gone right past you, and you've said things such as

When I've made remarks exactly about the story-telling as such instead of about the visual quality of the illustration, which you mistook for the other fellow and thence I meant by “art”.

You shouldn't need and don't deserve spoon-feeding.
You won't explain yourself because I won't say sorry to you?! You believe someone asking to elaborate on your thinking is "spoon-feeding"??? Even after I said let's just stop insulting each other? Even now you continue to insult me when it isn't called for. Are you not ashamed of yourself?

I'm sorry okay? Is that better? Will you actually answer the question I posed in my previous reply? Because, again, I'm sure you have an answer if you believe so strongly about this.

And don't you think you owe me and jesuscristo an apology too? You did insult our intelligence and tell both of us to "use a goddamn'd dictionary." Not to mention referring to me as a "dumbass" every opportunity you had.

Again: no more insults. I'm serious. I apologize for being rude. What say you?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You won't explain yourself because I won't say sorry to you?!
I won't explain myself because I've already done so, and because
I didn't offer to reverse myself if you delivered an apology purely pro forma; I didn't even offer to spoon-feed you if you delivered a heart-felt apology.
don't you think you owe me and jesuscristo an apology too?
No. You began the rudeness, and none of my insults were wrong. Neither of you knew what the word “efficiency” (which he brought into discussion) actually meant. You [singular] needed to use the goddamn'd dictionary for even more words. I promise you that I use the dictionary frequently; not seeing a need to do so would be goddamn'd stupid.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I won't explain myself because I've already done so, and because

I didn't offer to reverse myself if you delivered an apology purely pro forma; I didn't even offer to spoon-feed you if you delivered a heart-felt apology.

No. You began the rudeness, and none of my insults were wrong. Neither of you knew what the word “efficiency” (which he brought into discussion) actually meant. You [singular] needed to use the goddamn'd dictionary for even more words. I promise you that I use the dictionary frequently; not seeing a need to do so would be goddamn'd stupid.
Wow...so you're just going to ignore the fact you called me a "dumbass"? You honestly don't think that's worth apologizing over...

Even after I said I was sorry for being rude to you? You truly believe you don't think you should do the same?

That is not proper or civil behavior. Is this how you conduct yourself when speaking to others? You expect one-sided apologies without offering one in return when you know you were also being rude in the process?

Dex-chan lover
Wow...so you're just going to ignore the fact you called me a "dumbass"? You honestly don't think that's worth apologizing over...
Given your calling me a “smartass” and the other foolish things that you'd already done, it my calling you “dumbass” was appropriate.
Even after I said I was sorry for being rude to you?
What is the worth of a grudging apology pro forma?
You truly believe you don't think you should do the same?
I didn't do the same in hostilities, why in the world should I do the same in the wake? And, really, who wants an unfelt apology, which is what would be the same?
That is not proper or civil behavior.
Well, you're getting your grammatic antecedents confused again. But, in any case, as I've explained, “civil” doesn't mean what you think. Treating you pleasantly in the wake of your behavior would be corrosive to the social order.
Is this how you conduct yourself when speaking to others?
Unshockingly, my conduct is responsive to how others behave. Had you not behaved as you did, I would have responded differently.
You expect one-sided apologies without offering one in return when you know you were also being rude in the process?
No, as I've already noted, while the responses that I gave would have been rude in a different context, they were not rude in the actual context. Being pleasant to you in the face of how you behaved would have been rude to everyone who would subsequently be treated by you in similar manner. Presumably, the more that such behavior backfires for you, the less that you will engage in it.

Dex-chan lover
Given your calling me a “smartass” and the other foolish things that you'd already done, it my calling you “dumbass” was appropriate.

What is the worth of a grudging apology pro forma?

I didn't do the same in hostilities, why in the world should I do the same in the wake? And, really, who wants an unfelt apology, which is what would be the same?

Well, you're getting your grammatic antecedents confused again. But, in any case, as I've explained, “civil” doesn't mean what you think. Treating you pleasantly in the wake of your behavior would be corrosive to the social order.

Unshockingly, my conduct is responsive to how others behave. Had you not behaved as you did, I would have responded differently.

No, as I've already noted, while the responses that I gave would have been rude in a different context, they were not rude in the actual context. Being pleasant to you in the face of how you behaved would have been rude to everyone who would subsequently be treated by you in similar manner. Presumably, the more that such behavior backfires for you, the less that you will engage in it.

You think I was offering a "grudging apology" and that it's "unfelt"? I'm serious. I'm sincerely sorry if what I said offended you, including when I called you a "smartass." I'm not being disingenuous, sarcastic, or begrudging about it I can swear on that.

So what about you? Will you not maintain "social order" by also apologizing? I'm trying to put this all behind us so why won't you just accept my apology and offer your own? Why are you so obstinate about this?

I can look over this entire conversation and say there are things I shouldn't have said. I realize and acknowledge that. That's why I'm apologizing. You can do the same can't you? There's no need to bring in this talk of maintaining or corroding "social order;" we're just having a discussion between the two of us and no one else has chimed in since.

Neither us enjoy being insulted so once again: I'm sorry. Now what say you?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You think I was offering a "grudging apology" and that it's "unfelt"?
At the time that you made, yes indeed. After all, let's read what surrounded that apology:
You won't explain yourself because I won't say sorry to you?! You believe someone asking to elaborate on your thinking is "spoon-feeding"??? Even after I said let's just stop insulting each other? Even now you continue to insult me when it isn't called for. Are you not ashamed of yourself?

I'm sorry okay? Is that better? Will you actually answer the question I posed in my previous reply? Because, again, I'm sure you have an answer if you believe so strongly about this.
Heart-felt regret? Nope.
I'm sincerely sorry if what I said offended you,
You may have since become more genuinely sorry. I don't know.
including when I called you a "smartass."
You might learn something by reviewing each of your comments.
Will you not maintain "social order" by also apologizing?
I've already explained why doing do would not be conducive to social order.
You can do the same can't you?
Nope.

And, while I would have entertained some hope of an interesting conversation with a previous complete stranger, you swiftly became something other than a complete stranger in a manner exhausting rather than building such hope. You might want to discuss manga or story-telling or somesuch with me, but I'd rather that you go elsewhere.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
At the time that you made, yes indeed.

You may have since become more genuinely sorry. I don't know.

You might learn something by reviewing each of your comments.

I've already explained why doing do would not be conducive to social order.

Nope.

And, while I would have entertained some hope of an interesting conversation with a previous complete stranger, you swiftly became something other than a complete stranger in a manner exhausting rather than building such hope. You might want to discuss manga or story-telling or somesuch with me, but I'd rather that you go elsewhere.
You know what fine. If you're going to be THIS obstinate about an apology then you really don't deserve it. You can forget I ever apologized.

You're a sick piece of shit and I pity anyone who remotely associates with you.

Do not reply to me ever again. Not here or in any other manga you happen to see me comment in. In fact, block me. Because I'm sure as hell will do the same with you.

Can't believe I wasted my time trying to reason with an asshole of the highest caliber like you. Is your life so sad and pathetic that you are incapable of a mere apology? Apparently so.

But it's fine because I accomplished one thing at least: anyone who happens to read this exchange will see how much of a condescending and immature person you truly are.

Farewell. You are by far among the most unpleasant people on this platform and I hope I never have the displeasure of seeing you again.

Enjoy doing something as stupid as "judging art by its efficiency" (which you STILL haven't explain how'd you even do that in a way that's objective and agreeable by everyone). I'll continue doing the sensible thing and judge art by its quality instead.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You know what fine. If you're going to be THIS obstinate about an apology then you really don't deserve it. You can forget I ever apologized.
It was not meaningful from the beginning.
You're a sick piece of shit and I pity anyone who remotely associates with you.
You're engaged in more performative self-contradiction here.
Do not reply to me ever again.
I didn't request your insertion of yourself into discussion. And you're not entitled to fire a Parthian shot without reply.
Can't believe I wasted my time trying to reason with an asshole of the highest caliber like you.
You've wasted everyone's time, not because I were an asshole but because you over-committed to an interpretation based in your poor language skills.
But it's fine because I accomplished one thing at least: anyone who happens to read this exchange will see how much of a condescending and immature person you truly are.
Ah, no. The reason that you are so upset is because of how you look at this point.

Those who come upon this discussion are going to see you having responded absurdly to the point that, indeed, art is good or bad based upon its effectiveness, and then your digging your hole still deeper.
Farewell.
Thank goodness.
I hope I never have the displeasure of seeing you again.
I'd hope that you'd never again attack another person as you did me, but that hope is too optimistic. Still perhaps you'll be a bit less rotten.

(I'm amused that, after claiming to block me, you continue to click reactions to my comments.)

Group Leader
You began the rudeness, and you've never apologized.

He didn't need to be explicit, as all the antecedent remarks to which he was responding referred to the story-telling as such.

Yes, I have. But, because of your poor language skills, that discussion has gone right past you, and you've said things such as

When I've made remarks exactly about the story-telling as such instead of about the visual quality of the illustration, which you mistook for the other fellow and thence I meant by “art”.

Can you please do this somewhere else? I don't want people acting like 2 year olds here, cause it discourages other people from engaging and commenting.

Dex-chan lover
Well, you added this:
Enjoy doing something as stupid as "judging art by its efficiency" (which you STILL haven't explain how'd you even do that in a way that's objective and agreeable by everyone). I'll continue doing the sensible thing and judge art by its quality instead.
Which just compounds the absurdity. Earlier, I quoted the definition of “efficiency” (which word was introduced into discussion by jesuscristo):
SOED:
1. The fact of being an efficient cause. Now rare or obsolete. l16.
b The action of an efficient cause; production.
2. The quality of being efficient; the ability to accomplish or fulfil what is intended; effectiveness, competence.
So, when you say that you'll judge art by its quality, rather than by its efficiency, you've engaged in immediate self-contradiction. Just how deep will you dig that hole?

Group Leader
Why didn't you instead post your comment somewhere else?

It's of course obvious why each of us is commenting here and not somewhere else.
Because I'm the one who's putting in the effort to actually translate this series for you. I think I should have a say on what the comments of my translation uploads are like. Literally, there's a conversation button for a reason. Use it, and stop commenting here, cause it's getting annoying.

Dex-chan lover
Because I'm the one who's putting in the effort to actually translate this series for you.
That explains why you're commenting, but not why you're commenting here.
I gave-up on this series.
I think I should have a say on what the comments of my translation uploads are like.
Everyone here has a say. But you don't get control. For control, put them on a website that you own.
Literally, there's a conversation button for a reason.
Yes.
As you used it in this case? No, wait; you didn't use it in this case. And we really all know why, just as we know why I responded to insults in the forum in which they were made.

And, so long as you vent here about my comments, I'll respond here. Don't be silly.
stop commenting here, cause it's getting annoying.
You're throwing gasoline on the fire that you say that you want out; and you're doing so when it showed signs of otherwise burning itself out.

Smoooth.

Dex-chan lover
Because I'm the one who's putting in the effort to actually translate this series for you. I think I should have a say on what the comments of my translation uploads are like. Literally, there's a conversation button for a reason. Use it, and stop commenting here, cause it's getting annoying.
I've put the matter behind me, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry TL that things escalated like this. You do great work and deserve a better comment section than...whatever this ended up being.

Thanks again. Cheers.

Double-page supporter
The other guy got 280k in one day from pictures? That seems unlikely, no matter how popular, unless he has a much better contract than the guy we focus on. Even if he gets half of the money per pic, that would still be over 500 pics.
....well maybe there's more expensive merch they are selling.

Users who are viewing this thread