Yuusha to Yobareta Nochi ni: Soshite Musou Otoko wa Kazoku wo Tsukuru - Ch. 37 - I Must Protect

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy, they kidnapped the sister as the first(unstable?) test subject. I don’t expect the kingdom to be there much longer

Dex-chan lover
how could a Kingdom functional this long with a King like this LOL it just comical villain on the throne
They don't. They only exist because the author is too ignorant to know they fall apart or be overthrown long before the MC ever entered his edgelord phase.
Maybe the guy just became the king after the previous one died?
With how incompetent he is, he would either be made a puppeted figurehead or be disposed inside a few months. Otherwise the country would have fell apart.

Dex-chan lover
NGL, this just feels so forced. I could see a convoluted path that leads to Loyd's relative being able to survive the same procedure to becoming the "hero" that he is today. But why in the fuck are they only now busting out this contingency killer when they've had ample opportunity to do so for the better part of a year.

Dex-chan lover
NGL, this just feels so forced. I could see a convoluted path that leads to Loyd's relative being able to survive the same procedure to becoming the "hero" that he is today. But why in the fuck are they only now busting out this contingency killer when they've had ample opportunity to do so for the better part of a year.
It's probably more of a gamble/uncertain, but the king is just being boisterous about the plan's actual chances of killing Lloyd.

I assume she was taken as an experiment (since she was taken when Lloyd wasn't modified yet), so she's a weaker/incomplete version of the procedure, and possibly crazy. So she isn't what they'd wanna use to kill him immediately because it's not a surefire plan and could backfire, but still worth a shot at this point.

Dex-chan lover
It's probably more of a gamble/uncertain, but the king is just being boisterous about the plan's actual chances of killing Lloyd.

I assume she was taken as an experiment (since she was taken when Lloyd wasn't modified yet), so she's a weaker/incomplete version of the procedure, and possibly crazy. So she isn't what they'd wanna use to kill him immediately because it's not a surefire plan and could backfire, but still worth a shot at this point.
Considering the condition they left him in, I doubt insanity is their only issue. Also the mangaka is kind of stupid. There is no way that person can feed themselves when chained like that, and the idea they have a person going into the cell to feed them by hand is just as absurd.

Also while I know he is most likely a she, because manga logic, I'll keep assuming he is male until the inevitable gender reveal.

Dex-chan lover
how could a Kingdom functional this long with a King like this LOL it just comical villain on the throne
Maybe the guy just became the king after the previous one died?
They don't. They only exist because the author is too ignorant to know they fall apart or be overthrown long before the MC ever entered his edgelord phase.

With how incompetent he is, he would either be made a puppeted figurehead or be disposed inside a few months. Otherwise the country would have fell apart.
There have been real world monarchs that were worse then this King.

An incompetent King, and for how little he has shown in the story his incompetence is not assured as there are technically valid reasons (but not morally good ones) to want to kill Lloyd, would not be a big issue if the ministers had enough power to keep things running.

Dex-chan lover
Title: I Must Protect
I have no idea who that would refer to.

That's actually a hefty size of bread. Not exactly the most healthy food, but there's at least enough energy. With that food, they wouldn't be hungry, but they would probably lack vitamins and stuff.

Sure, it's a sad and tragic story, but not a sob story.

And mood whiplash. Happy swimmer!

Well, even if she doesn't swim at that speed, she's still swimming.

King is still digging his own grave. Although to his credit, he's kept that guy alive. Which is more than I expected, although I still expected him to be alive, since no body.

What Lloyd did was not die when he clearly was supposed to die.
How dare he. Shake fist.

They probably ignore him as much as they can and live their own lives. For the vast majority of people in history, who the king was didn't matter much for their lives.

Considering the condition they left him in, I doubt insanity is their only issue. Also the mangaka is kind of stupid. There is no way that person can feed themselves when chained like that, and the idea they have a person going into the cell to feed them by hand is just as absurd.
It looks dramatic to have someone chained up like that, therefore he's chained up like that. But yeah, not only food but also the condition he's in, since he wasn't exactly healthy to begin with, so surviving that kind of situation is a bit on the implausible side.

Dex-chan lover
This story better end with that jackass king's head on a pike.

Dex-chan lover
This is some Kamen Rider Black shit right here. Lloyd as Black and Cain as Shadowmoon.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Pretty much expected. After 30+ chapters of brushing off Lloyd's backstory, the story of his sibling is finally revealed so it's no surprise that his sibling is also a product of the hero procedure/experiment.
But I guess Cain might be a defective/unstable product and after an initial fight, Cain will come back to his senses only to learn that he only has little time to live but Lloyd and his family will do something about it. (Hopefully Cain will survive and become a new familyt member - adding to the king's paranoia of worrying about another superhuman warrior that might come back and destroy him)

Users who are viewing this thread