Zenbu Kimi no Sei - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

I would just like to thank the translators for using gender neutral pronouns!! Thank God they didn't use "he/she".

Here's something interesting: all human fetuses start out female, then as time passes on, those with Y chromosomes exhibit male phenotypes as the fetus matures. That's why males have nipples too, even though they are functionally useless. I just found it funny that they said that they were swapping genders before they were even born, when in reality, all males go through the same thing.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's the wording, but the "I can't love you because I don't understand what heterosexual is" this is kinda...uh...not it. I could get why Nagisa feels uncertain about how their gender may affect their relationships and stuff but maybe wording it different would have been better. Or maybe I'm complaining too early and they realize they don't need a "sense of heterosexuality" lol

Otherwise I'm digging it so far.

Group Leader
@spidersonbikes I’m a little late in my response, but perhaps I can still help clarify. Essentially, Nagisa is saying that they don’t feel anything toward the opposite sex. Meaning that no matter if Nagisa appears as a guy or girl, they do not feel attraction to others based on their gender in relation to what Nagisa is currently.
Sorry if there’s any more confusion, this was early in my translation experience!

Dex-chan lover
@GeeKay

You're all good! Thanks for the extra explaination. I wasn't sure if it was the translation or maybe just the original text, haha. But either way it's a hard concept to explain in even in one's own native language.

I would think you don't have to experience attraction to others purely based on your own gender...buuuut when you're not sure of your own gender it gets hard to label it. And as much as labels can suck, they're also helpful in figuring stuff out I guess. But that part isn't on you, it's just how the story was going.

Also thank you for the translations in general! I have to re-read this to properly remember what threw me off lol, but I feel like it got better in later chapters.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if getting pregnant will stop the ability to change genders, because if he/she is carrying a baby and he/she swaps genders does the baby is sent to the shadow realm and is waiting for another swap, or just disappears, or he/she just can't swap.
Birth from the bussy... I'm so sorry

Users who are viewing this thread