Yajin Tensei: Karate Survivor in Another World - Vol. 6 Ch. 37 - Clockwise Devil

Dex-chan lover
Another banger, love the layers to this fight. He clearly dominated but knows when not fighting is necessary too, leaving the room while intimidating everyone on his way out.

I forget that this is an Isekai sometimes, it's just a solid story. You could easily take out all the game-like stats, invisible status screens and otherworld-ness and you wouldn't lose anything.

Dex-chan lover
He's just doomed to keep running into meatheads and scumbags... Why is surviving in town seemingly harder than living in the wild among beasts?
It's kind of the theme of the manga now, isn't it? MC is the perpetual pariah and it sucks that they cast stones at him everywhere he goes. But living alone in the wild is quite inhumane as well. Solitude is a bitch.

Will Yajin ever find a place where he belongs? That's what the manga seems to be asking. I don't expect this question to be answered positively soon.

Dex-chan lover
Throwing jabs at the guy's right eye until it is swollen shut, then exploiting that loss of vision: perfectly sensible
Ending up on the guy's left side: :question:
Did he just move ~too fast to be followed~ in full view of the good eye knowing the guy would assume he went off to the right or actually do something like run around him?

Dex-chan lover
Another banger, love the layers to this fight. He clearly dominated but knows when not fighting is necessary too, leaving the room while intimidating everyone on his way out.

I forget that this is an Isekai sometimes, it's just a solid story. You could easily take out all the game-like stats, invisible status screens and otherworld-ness and you wouldn't lose anything.
My impression from translating, is that Paul was insulted because Yajin punished his underling for not showing any self discipline. Then during the fight, Yajin completely holds back and targets just Paul's eye - showing off excatly how disciplined he is in comparison to Paul. So the fight was less about combat power, and more about self discipline.

Throwing jabs at the guy's right eye until it is swollen shut, then exploiting that loss of vision: perfectly sensible
Ending up on the guy's left side: :question:
Did he just move ~too fast to be followed~ in full view of the good eye knowing the guy would assume he went off to the right or actually do something like run around him?
It's not really clear from the panels. He could have ducked low, or spun around behind Paul. Either way, smashing his eye in was like a second level feint to make Paul think an attack was coming from the right.
Edit: Or duh, the chapter name is Clockwise Devil, so I guess that's our answer.

I thought this was really a corker of a chapter!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
He's just doomed to keep running into meatheads and scumbags... Why is surviving in town seemingly harder than living in the wild among beasts?
Because of existing power structures. Unfortunately he's in the business of violence, even if it's supposed to be mostly against beasts/monsters. But in practice the same people who are great at fighting monsters, would also be great at fighting other people. Since they are good at it, violence ultimately is their way of solving difficult problems, including who's the boss.

If he wanted another kind of environment, he should either get employed by a noble, who holds unquestionable authority and thus the ranks remain straight. Or he could chance upon a remote village in a desperate need of a protector. He would automatically become the guard captain and would only need to face external threats.

Users who are viewing this thread