Sukeban and Transfer Student - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - It Looks Just Like Her

Dex-chan lover
If you told me the translation would get even worse than what the previous group shat out i would have told you it's not possible. But here we are.
Genuinely curious why you think that, from my POV this is one of the highest quality scanlations I've seen. The typesetting, redrawing, and script are all top of the line and clearly had a ton of work put into them. Is there something I'm missing here?

Banned
Genuinely curious why you think that, from my POV this is one of the highest quality scanlations I've seen. The typesetting, redrawing, and script are all top of the line and clearly had a ton of work put into them. Is there something I'm missing here?
It reads like a comic, not a manga. Too much liberties taken with how characters speak. Last scanlation took so many liberties with onomatopoeia that it killed the whole feeling for me. It just didn't feel japanese anymore. And this group isn't better. And no, i'm not asking for "literal" translations here, please let's not go down this stupid line of argument. Not that i think that you are about to do it or anything, i just know someone is bound to not understand what i mean. This work has so much charm in japanese and both groups are destroying it. These are not good translations.

Another work i now have to look for good raws because the official ones have this retarded reader which makes me wonder how people put up with it.

Group Leader
It reads like a comic, not a manga. Too much liberties taken with how characters speak. Last scanlation took so many liberties with onomatopoeia that it killed the whole feeling for me. It just didn't feel japanese anymore. And this group isn't better. And no, i'm not asking for "literal" translations here, please let's not go down this stupid line of argument. Not that i think that you are about to do it or anything, i just know someone is bound to not understand what i mean. This work has so much charm in japanese and both groups are destroying it. These are not good translations.

Another work i now have to look for good raws because the official ones have this retarded reader which makes me wonder how people put up with it.
Boy do I have news for you about what the word "manga" means!

Dex-chan lover

you know you can just do it yourself then

Ty for the tl !

Dex-chan lover
I love that they're basically this :
images

Aggregator gang
thanks for picking up this series! looking forward to the arc in the next two chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread