Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 9 Ch. 83 - Future

Dex-chan lover
I'm using my "You Forgot Shit That Happened In The Manga" card (again, it's getting a lot of use in this thread). Because apparently you don't remember that Satsuki saved Shiina and LITERALLY WENT ON TO HELP SATSUKI TO STOP DOING THIS.
sure you're also using your meaningless redirection card and just saying whatever nonsense and ignoring what people are actually saying

Fed-Kun's army
Man, people always be beefing for one reason or another in the comments and forums of manga

Anyway, thanks for translating this series!!! Very happy to have read it

The ending does have me a bit unsatisfied and rather confused and conflicted, as it has many people, but I still enjoyed reading ^-^
As with all things, it has it's pros and cons, but it was fun while it lasted nonetheless

Dex-chan lover
Yes, something we found out extremely late into the manga
Because the themes of the comic and the character arc for Satsuki is slowly introduced and given time to grow and breathe. We're given what she's doing and then explore why and why, despite her doing something good, the reasons she's doing it are flawed and make her do it worse. Something that's resolved by the end through a complete exploration of the themes and the resolution of her character arc.

Dex-chan lover
Girl... What about... chapter one?? That page?
Kinda sad that it just ended like that. I was expecting something really bad to happen like Komako dying after something falls on top of her.

Oh well, we could always assume the dead bodies and the blood splattered were metaphors to the "deaths" that Komako was "causing".
Idk... I'll need time to accept that semi-rushed ending.

At least I am not an avid shipper. Akirabros, how are y'all feeling?

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for all your hard work!

There's so much left behind this story, sad to see it go. However, I am glad I've been here from start to finish.

Dex-chan lover
Between this and Walk to Death it's pretty clear this author's got a bit of a thing for a final chapter in which a major male side character gives a monologue about the story's theme to the reader.

That said, this ending feels a bit disappointing since chapter 1 basically introduced us to two plot hooks: the bloody classroom vision, and Komacchi being weird as shit. After the whole story arc with the president finally ended after overstaying its welcome the plot seemed to be getting back on the rails by finally grabbing the Komacchi bull by the horns, which I was expecting to lead into a final plot arc tying back into the cold open from the very beginning.

In spite of all that, I would be a lot more satisfied with this truncated ending were it not for one itsy bitsy, teeny tiny detail: Akira was robbed, and I am BIG MAD about it.

Double-page supporter
THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK

I really read it because girls' love tags I can feel it only a few chapter :v

Definitely was confused seeing END on this chapter. Figured maybe we were coming up on a final arc, but not ending next chapter. And it does kinda show, what with having to give closure by timeskipping forward to the party having settled into the new status quo and having a character just state the thesis of the series.

That said, it does actually work well enough for me. 'cause like yeah, come to think I guess that is the thematic arc and arguably the main mystery of the series wrapped up, and I was pretty satisfied with both of those. I do wish the side threads got more wrap up, but honestly maybe the story lingering around after the climax to do that would've just dragged.

As far as the vision of the bloody classroom, honestly that just had a big "chapter 1 mystery box that the author doesn't actually know what it is yet" vibe, so I was never terribly invested in it. If the author never thought of anything for it I honestly prefer them just dropping that plot point like this rather than contorting the story trying to fit it in.

Dex-chan lover
Mangadex got it tagged as GL, but does the site or publisher tag it as Yuri?
I know some people will dislike what I'm saying, but if they don't tag as Yuri I rarely expect it to actually be Yuri.
Unfortunately where a manga is published and how it is tagged matters a lot for when a series will actually go Yuri or not.
Pretty sure this is what happened with Stretch in Dynasty Scans, people assumed it was Yuri when it was never tagged as such in the publishing site, cue lots of crying saying that it was bait or even "revenge" because Shou previous Yuri manga was canceled, even though Stretch apparently never was promoted as Yuri at all.

A lot of mangas get tagged as GL / Yuri when they shouldn't because it's just assumption, all it does is create expectations that will never come true.

Seriously, it's not without reason that I  never expect Yuri from non Yuri magazine, unless it's tagged as such, though even then it might end underwhelming and closer to subtext.

@Ninoren , Shoujo Ai is not a thing, stop using that term  slaps

Now I wonder if the extras will redeem the series and show that yes, Satsuki and Komachi really are an actual couple and not just gals being pals, hopefully with a side of Akira x Miho.
Yeah, from what I Can see its not tagged as a GL on the Magazines that publish it, so it was just another case of a series tagged as a GL when its not.

Also Shoujo Ai is a thing, it is literally the japanese term for girls love…

Dex-chan lover
Mangadex got it tagged as GL, but does the site or publisher tag it as Yuri?
I know some people will dislike what I'm saying, but if they don't tag as Yuri I rarely expect it to actually be Yuri.
Unfortunately where a manga is published and how it is tagged matters a lot for when a series will actually go Yuri or not.
Pretty sure this is what happened with Stretch in Dynasty Scans, people assumed it was Yuri when it was never tagged as such in the publishing site, cue lots of crying saying that it was bait or even "revenge" because Shou previous Yuri manga was canceled, even though Stretch apparently never was promoted as Yuri at all.

A lot of mangas get tagged as GL / Yuri when they shouldn't because it's just assumption, all it does is create expectations that will never come true.

Seriously, it's not without reason that I  never expect Yuri from non Yuri magazine, unless it's tagged as such, though even then it might end underwhelming and closer to subtext.

@Ninoren , Shoujo Ai is not a thing, stop using that term  slaps

Now I wonder if the extras will redeem the series and show that yes, Satsuki and Komachi really are an actual couple and not just gals being pals, hopefully with a side of Akira x Miho.
Every "Yuri" is "Girl Love", but not every "Girl Love" is "Yuri" .. "slaps" 🙄

If something is tagged as Yuri, it'd expect explicit content, but if its tagged as "Girl Love", It'd at the very f'ing least expect anything remotely resembling romance, or anything of the sort to be included, though there wasn't really anything of the sort.. at most it'd say you had some moments between somewhat closer friends, but that's about it.

If I were to be asked, if it should have a "Girl Love" Tag, it'd say no 😮‍💨

Dex-chan lover
Sad to see this end. I've enjoyed this series. Was expecting some kind of final tragic event going by the first chapter though so this was a surprise.
It says their story will continue a bit longer so I wonder if that will readdress Satsuki's dad? That was a relationship I expected we'd go back to at some point but we didn't here.

Chapter was fine, the problem is the manga after president arc barely have a plot outside Komachi. Should have put the some Komachi talk together and let thisfinal chapter be 2

Dex-chan lover
Every "Yuri" is "Girl Love", but not every "Girl Love" is "Yuri" .. "slaps" 🙄

If something is tagged as Yuri, it'd expect explicit content, but if its tagged as "Girl Love", It'd at the very f'ing least expect anything remotely resembling romance, or anything of the sort to be included, though there wasn't really anything of the sort.. at most it'd say you had some moments between somewhat closer friends, but that's about it.

If I were to be asked, if it should have a "Girl Love" Tag, it'd say no 😮‍💨
The name for this "just REALLY close girl friends" genre in Japan is Shoujo Ai.

Which is different from yuri which involves more actual couples dynamics.

In most shoujo ai, the girls never kiss or become full couples.

Not sure why Mangadex does not use the Japanese version of genre tagging.

Instead they mix both of them as "girl's love", which leads to confusion to viewers when they go into a shoujo ai story tagged as girl's love, which just raises the hopes of viewers expecting actual yuri.

Dex-chan lover
I can’t believe it was 83 chapters. It felt so short. And why the was it tagged as Yuri?

Users who are viewing this thread