Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 9 Ch. 81 - Resignation

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, and calling someone a vile monster because they struggle to feel things about others is you being awful, not her. There is nothing in the manga so far that makes her a vile monster.

All that we've been shown is that she might be a sociopath and she might have a condition that causes death to follow her which she doesn't have any control over and she wants to kill herself over. Those things don't make her a vile monster.
She went past the point of being just a victim when she tried to push people into becoming murderers.

Dex-chan lover
She went past the point of being just a victim when she tried to push people into becoming murderers.
...What are you talking about? She's had murderers take advantage of her agreeableness and willingness to do things for others without asking questions, but she hasn't at any point been shown to attempt to make someone into a murderer.

Dex-chan lover
Ehhhh...

Press-X-To-Doubt-Feature-Image.jpg

Thank you for new chapter! Seriously doubt she's a reason for all the stuff happening around. Life can be cruel.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, and calling someone a vile monster because they struggle to feel things about others is you being awful, not her. There is nothing in the manga so far that makes her a vile monster.

All that we've been shown is that she might be a sociopath and she might have a condition that causes death to follow her which she doesn't have any control over and she wants to kill herself over. Those things don't make her a vile monster.
Didn't ch 68, before this arc started show Komachi being an accomplice in the murder of the prez?

https://mangadex.org/chapter/29bb5f14-995a-4372-84ae-4a9f75b4f972/9

Dex-chan lover
This is chapter with more existencial pain
Damn, just reforced that Komachi is make for Satsuki

Dex-chan lover
...Do you think that Seo told her this was to murder the prez? Because this seems to be her going along with what Seo told her to do without asking questions, not her knowingly helping to murder someone.
She sure seemed aware of what it was gonna lead to with that cartoonishly cliche evil smile she was drawn with by the author.

Hopefully this arc will show more of how prez's murder was orchestrated in detail, and shed light on what happened in that meeting, and fully confirm what Komachi did or did not do at that time.

Dex-chan lover
She's suicidal, ok. But how about the blood-filled classroom? If Satsuki will allow her to off herself, then Komako will die and...? Or Satsuki will give up on her resolve and grab her, resulting in Komako going berserk and becoming a bomb woman of something.

I get Komachi's logic, tho. She's been drilling self-hatred onto her head because she's different from others. Unlike the Prez, she had no say at anything because she can't see how or where the death will happen, so the logic is that if she warned people I'd just been seen as "bad omen". Her ultimately deciding to not tell Satsuki anything makes sense in her "I am inherently something bad to others".

Finally, I will temporarily remove my "Komachi is the antichrist" statement because she's not actively wishing for others to suffer, even if she helped Seo that one time with her attempt at killing people in the classroom. Unlike Seo who was "I want the bad guy to win", she wanted no one to be harmed and saw the fight of good vs. evil as something wrong because sometimes what we do is essentially cheer for the one side we picked when they are doing the same thing the other is (beating the crap out of someone, destroying property, killing the villain — it's all good as long as the "good guy" does it? "The end justifies the means" is not a philosophy everyone would agree with.)

Yeah, we'll have to see. So far there's only tragedy for her. We could have had supernatural yuri girls. (Satsuki can have two gfs. Or all relationships could end as platonic and they'll all just be very good friends)

Dex-chan lover
Either she is legitimately tired of trying, and will let her die, only for it to have the opposite effect of her wishing Satsuki had at least kept pushing to save her, or she says she's gonna kill herself too, which breaks her anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Isn’t her not “caring” mostly tied to years of conditioning from what she sees that others do not, several early losses, belief and guilt she somehow causes death outside of her own control, and living by her late mother’s request she hide and fit in no matter what for her own safety?

She doesn’t seem like a sociopath or things would be waaay more easy for her than it is. To me she seems like someone conflicted, but boxed in at an early age and increasingly numb just trying to continue to exist in those conditions.

Her going along with things and pleasing the wrong people means she can do some bad things she can be disliked for, but on the spectrum of sighted people in this series she’s been isolated in her condition until now and I’m more interested in her future actions now she’s revealed herself to someone else. The first step in going against her mother’s well intentioned orders.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

she probably isnt dying on anyones watch, i know it. if needed the main group probably got ami helping explain the properties of spider silk to make something spiderman webbing.
(i dont really have much to say just very excited for next chapter)

Dex-chan lover
i still can’t be sure to forgive Komachi just because she has sad past, has been in pain due to death around her, or as the first one who falls in love for Satsuki. the thing with school explosion incident, killed prez, and almost killed Satsuki are still unforgivable acts.

we might will get the answer on next chapter about the recent thing she did for doing harmful works if Satsuki lies and actually decided to save her (and continuously doing talk no jutsu to Komachi)

Dex-chan lover
Some of the most horrible people to exist in history had pretty legit reasons for how they turned out as vile monsters.

A sad past does not mean a person is justified in doing evil acts.
But in this case, did she actually do evil acts? Wasn't she just a spectator on the whole thing?

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand. There's no evidence Komaki is actually, truly responsible for any deaths (other than when she tried to help Seo and failed), right?

She just feels responsible and/or sees the pattern of "people die when I'm around a lot" and thinks that there is a connection?

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand. There's no evidence Komaki is actually, truly responsible for any deaths (other than when she tried to help Seo and failed), right?

She just feels responsible and/or sees the pattern of "people die when I'm around a lot" and thinks that there is a connection?
i think what she truly feel responsible about is how she’s unable to help to those who’s about to die while she has that power, she afraid people will reject her if she tells the truth, but for her letting them die means she’s also killed them. a polar opposite of Satsuki who keep tell and save them anyway although being labeled as liar. seeing Satsuki who keeps doing heroic works while she does nothing but keep seeing black thing around people makes her think it might be better if she’s not around and it’ll be less burden to Satsuki.

also for being not directly killed people (as spectator) doesn’t mean she’s free from being guilty. she’s still an accomplice to Seo and almost harm Satsuki too.

Dex-chan lover
Show me she sees herself now in that black aura. Show me she saw herself in it the day Satsuki saved her. Otherwise, I wont be convinced.

You can't bluff the power of knowing, whether or not you have it yourself.
Sounds like you're in the same mindset as Satsuki. I was looking back some chapters because I forgot what was happening before the flashback began and came across Ch79, P7: "What Komachi-san's about to tell me is a lie thats darker and deeper than any lie I've ever heard." (my translation from the raw text, which is a little clearer than how the scanlator chose to translate. Emphasis mine)

Edit: the full Japanese text and full text translation:
きっと、この先を聞いたら引き返せない。これから小町さんが話すのは、今まで聞いたどの嘘よりも、暗くて深い嘘だから。
"Surely, if I hear what's coming, there's no turning back. From here on, what Komachi's about to say is a lie darker and deeper than any lie I've ever heard before."

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
From her perspective, the darkness around others seems to be emanating from her. She doesn't see it as her seeing their potential for death. She sees it as her exuding something only she can see that is causing their deaths.

Users who are viewing this thread