S Rank Boukensha de aru Ore no Musume-tachi wa Juudo no Father Con deshita - Ch. 40 - Forfex: The One Who Carves the World

Dex-chan lover
SS3 Gotenks should be the one finishing Boo, but no. Gohan arrived to save the day. Even then, Gohan failed. So Goku had to be the one to finish it in the end again. Yep. Nothing different this time too.

Dex-chan lover
so that explains why the dragon was trying to kill these three kids as babies then. All three of them are probably vessels for some kind of hero attribute that is implied to no longer be in the world.

Dex-chan lover
What I don't understand is why he is suddenly so much more powerful. Wasn't the entire origin of this manga that he (and practically anyone else) wasn't powerful enough to defeat an "S" Rank disaster of a monster? Or was that first dragon something above "S" Rank? "SS"? "SSS"?
So far as I recall, and I don't claim to have a good memory), he has maintained his skill level (or it has diminished if his former partner is correct), so if he can kill an "S" Rank now, he should have been able to "do something" back in chapter 1...

/Sigh
I will actually go and double check this when I'm not on my phone.

Dex-chan lover
So we Deus Ex Machina'd only for shits and giggles and have to rely on dad saving the day regardless. The chapter could've been just the last ~four pages and it be the same. 26 pages for nothing.
tbh, I actually enjoy the idea of a D.E.M. failing and the person still having to be saved. But now I wish each girl get their "hero" moment, since the most badass moment in this was Merly coming to the save even if it was just momentary. But, I really hope the guild revisit their rank system because 2 S rank adventures should not get bodied this badly by an S rank monster unless monsters are 1 or 2 ranks higher than people (meaning it takes a team of humans to match a monster of the same rank).

Dex-chan lover
Okay so like... what was even the point of these last few chapters? The girls proved they couldn't last a day without daddy, not even a magic power-up from what was played up as God level could save the day, and the dad returned probably meaning he won't get the S rank.

I feel like I'm being harsh, but it's kinda frustrating how much of a waste of time this has felt. Like it's the worst kind of contrived conflict. And what the hell is even the point of spending nearly the entire chapter on a "main character BS power-up" if it still doesn't actually do shit and somehow the father is even more broken that (like seriously I thought that was a look at Elsa eventually surpassing him in combat like they alluded to a few times before but apparently no).

At this point he could have just stayed and said he doesn't care about S rank anymore and even then he'd have more of a chance to make it time since he apparently could have cleaned up the monsters in seconds and then ran to the royal capital in some more seconds. I hate when Manga like this try to play it both ways (stupid OP MC that always saves the day, but trying to pretend other characters matter) and it just ends up doing the worst at both jobs.

Dex-chan lover
Okay so like... what was even the point of these last few chapters? The girls proved they couldn't last a day without daddy, not even a magic power-up from what was played up as God level could save the day, and the dad returned probably meaning he won't get the S rank.

I feel like I'm being harsh, but it's kinda frustrating how much of a waste of time this has felt. Like it's the worst kind of contrived conflict. And what the hell is even the point of spending nearly the entire chapter on a "main character BS power-up" if it still doesn't actually do shit and somehow the father is even more broken that (like seriously I thought that was a look at Elsa eventually surpassing him in combat like they alluded to a few times before but apparently no).

At this point he could have just stayed and said he doesn't care about S rank anymore and even then he'd have more of a chance to make it time since he apparently could have cleaned up the monsters in seconds and then ran to the royal capital in some more seconds. I hate when Manga like this try to play it both ways (stupid OP MC that always saves the day, but trying to pretend other characters matter) and it just ends up doing the worst at both jobs.
A powerup that doesn't save the day but gives room for the person to grow and eventually save the day is what I'm thinking the writer's end game is with that and I can't be too harsh on that since my favorite character in anime is the literal definition: Son Gohan.

Yeah, lots of mixed feelings for this chapter. Like they didn't' even do a peek-a-boo schlinder's panties scene with Merly in this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Welp dad is here so fight is over...
At least sword daughter will get stronger and we have story direction to go in with the Hero stuff.
I would rather have had random power up succeed and her having some extreme negative effect than this route tbh.

Fed-Kun's army
So we Deus Ex Machina'd only for shits and giggles and have to rely on dad saving the day regardless. The chapter could've been just the last ~four pages and it be the same. 26 pages for nothing.
Lmao, what? That’s ignoring the fact we had interesting lore introduced.

Dex-chan lover
now that, that right there is what i call s-rank power! too bad it only lasted 30 seconds. now with this reveal it brings up the question of if these 3 girls are actually the descendants of heroes and if their birth was what led to the destruction of their birth town. at the very least i strongly assume their birth is definitely directly correlated to the destruction of their birth town.

Dex-chan lover
Why in the 5 fucks would you keep cutting the hydra heads instead of it's body?
The heads don't matter and they regenerate...
i don't think you know how hydras work. the only way to defeat a hydra is to cut off all it's heads lest it infinitely regenerates. basically their body is just a mode of transport for them and serves no actual purpose to their survival. and that's not even to mention just how ridiculously sturdy their bodies are even compared to dragons.

Dex-chan lover
What I don't understand is why he is suddenly so much more powerful. Wasn't the entire origin of this manga that he (and practically anyone else) wasn't powerful enough to defeat an "S" Rank disaster of a monster? Or was that first dragon something above "S" Rank? "SS"? "SSS"?
So far as I recall, and I don't claim to have a good memory), he has maintained his skill level (or it has diminished if his former partner is correct), so if he can kill an "S" Rank now, he should have been able to "do something" back in chapter 1...

/Sigh
there was never any mention of no one being powerful enough to defeat s-rank monsters. the mc was known to be more than strong enough to be s-rank but he never reached the rank because of the retarded requirements to become s-rank having nothing to do with the individuals strength but with the amount of completed missions. during his last mission a dragon showed up and destroyed the town the girls were born in before he could make it in time to stop it. basically he called himself weak for failing to descend a mountain faster than the dragon could fly. no one else called him weak and they even tried to cheer him up because they knew his strength wasn't what was lacking.

Dex-chan lover
FORFEX = FOR FUCK SAKE
Forfex is the name of a species of giant alien crab monsters from Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Dex-chan lover
that was definitely her birth father right? Will we next get that Meryl has the sage attribute or something?

Dex-chan lover

/Sigh
The issue at the beginning of the story wasn't that the MC couldn't beat the dragon, but rather that he accidentally awakened the dragon and wasn't fast enough to stop the dragon from destroying the town. He felt like he should have finished his mission faster (killing wyverns) and if he did he wouldn't have awakened the dragon. Basically he felt it was his fault for essentially causing the destruction of the town and fell into a huge depression. He raised the three daughters because he felt it was his way to atone.

Dex-chan lover
Well, the girls being "special" was teased a few chaps back, so this doesn't feel like an asspull entirely, but I'm still a bit bummed. Always kind of goofy to have a series pull the "actually they're powerful because of their blood, not just their effort" card this far in.

Dex-chan lover
Kaiser is already noted to be hero class strong, he just got hit by depression while he was in his heyday.
Kinda like some another dad from an S rank adventurer fathercon manga.
in his case he was still a rookie adventurer,
but from the hints so far he fought a lesser demon or even a demon lord (we knos they can change forms), so he was strong in his heyday, but since becoming a parent he turned OP, training in the forest and even being acknowledged by friggin WINTER.
(MC here is broken since the start)

SS3 Gotenks should be the one finishing Boo, but no. Gohan arrived to save the day. Even then, Gohan failed. So Goku had to be the one to finish it in the end again. Yep. Nothing different this time too.
SS3 Gotenks was never meant to defeat Bu/Boo, specially since the transformation was flawed, I have always had a problem with the final fight with kid Bu/Boo, because Goku let gohan die on Earth so he could get the final fight. Ultimate Gohan was the Strongest individual by the end of Z.

Users who are viewing this thread