S Rank Boukensha de aru Ore no Musume-tachi wa Juudo no Father Con deshita - Ch. 39 - Royal Capital Defense Operation

Group Leader
Here we go with the potential man foolishness again. I hope the hydra being fooled with Meryl's spells ore something.

Sage and Royal Guard Swordsman and they're legit fodder. I can't belive the best magic that Meryl can release when they're not even close to the city is Slash, a goddamn slash! At this point, better Kaiser saves em and stops any more embarrassment from occuring

Dex-chan lover
The solution is actually very simple. Kaiser and the swordswoman beat the Hydra and let people spread the news. No way they won't promote him when he beat S-rank monsters. If they dont' promote him, then guild HQ is worthless.

Dex-chan lover
just let the kids have their moment, Elsa has the whole "i just unable to match no matter what" so this is her moment to shine, daddy show up just gonna ruined that.

Dex-chan lover
The whole S-class thing is so silly. Surely saving the capital from a calamity would be big enough an achievement that any kind of yearly restriction on promotion ceremonies would be completely moot. He'd be an absolute national hero. If anything, they could just as well create a special title for him that is above S-class adventurer in importance.
Its absolutely stupid, no one would care about such a title. Its entire prestige is supposed to be based on the achievements of those who get it, yet a threat of getting banned from it for skipping political bs to defend a city? How utterly ridiculous. Everyone would just have contempt for a tile that is blatantly political and ignores merit. This title is clearly more about the self important group who "gifts" it so they can lord over and exploit the S class as if they did them a favor. That sort of title is a negative to get, not a positive.

Dex-chan lover
NGL if I was in Kaiser's position I'd drop everything to help my kids. Fuck titles and promotions, family is far more important. A title doesn't mean shit if my family dies.

Dex-chan lover
I get what the author is going for, but man has he failed. The hydra should not be part of this, its just plain unreasonable. They are trying to catch up to their dad, but if they defeat it they will have overtaken him, the power scale is just all out of balance here. They should at most be facing an A rank threat, as that would still be a obstacle and show their growth, these S rank monsters are basically final bosses, you don't use final bosses like this. Vs somthing like this its just insane to not use your entire fighting force and treat it a as trail for what is ultimately support characters or parry members. We have been gearing up to the question of is he ready to face one of these mythical S rank monsters, and now its just not even a option for them to take it out, if they do it ruins the entire build up of his revenge match as we know he is way stronger than them, so if they win he is more than a match. This side plot of going to a rank up party just turned into a waste of time as that plot line was just axed and is clearly getting bypassed, what a waste of time.

Dex-chan lover
i've said it before and i'll say it again, these girls don't feel like they're s-rank at all. maybe on the verge of hitting s-rank in 10 or so years but currently they're clearly far too weak to actually be s-rank.

Wow. Kaiser is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either he gets himself promoted at the probable cost of his daughters or save them at the cost of his promotion. (For life I presume)

Personally, he has thought them enough. I mean isn't Elsa a S class? She's either holding back at her strength or this is the limit of her power. So yeah I think this is a test for his daughters to show that "yeah, we can be more independent to ourselves". However, I think Kaiser will probably save them.

Double-page supporter
You know, nobody's mentioned the hydra yet. Kaiser rushing to save his daughters now would mean he has little faith in their abilities. Worried sick? Hell yeah. But they are technically of superior rank to him. So, they should be able to handle it. If two A-ranks can do what three S-ranks couldn't do, what's the point of the ranking system?

Of course once he hears of the hydra, I do expect him to rush over there. Irrespective of whether he managed to get the promotion or not.

Dex-chan lover
Regina: "I'm not telling you what's in the letter"
MC: "What was that shaking just now?"
Regina: immediately tells MC everything in the letter without any prompting

On a completely different note: why are manga characters always surprised by a hydra doing the one thing it's known for? If they'd never seen it before it would make sense, but they always call it by it's name so it's obviously a known creature in their worlds.
TBF, I know what the monster Orochi is enough to know if I'm faced with it, and I know some of it's backstory but I have no idea about it's abilities even though we're living in a era where information travels quickly.

So it's definitely possible for people with far less access to information to have heard of the monster and are given it's physical description enough to identify it but not have any reliable access to information concerning what it can do.

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly, I want at least one to die, they won't realize how extremely stupid and harmful making the only 2 people that can actually put up a fight leave is , I know no one will die cause it seems like a happy go lucky plot armor manga but still

Dex-chan lover
Peeps are forgetting this is a japanese comic showing how.... utterly alien... japanese morality can be for us Furriners...

If the daughters would perish during this attack they would have died an honourable death, but missing an official appointment to save them, and the capital city, and all its civilians is Breaking Protocol.
Which is the Ultimate Sin.
Even worse than Unlicensed Handholding in Public.

This is Japan.. You are never late for an Appointment. Especially an Official one. Cancelling is....Inconceivable.
Your own death might excuse you, possibly, but anything else is irrelevant.
In fact, missing such an appointment for any reason was enough to mandate seppuku as atonement in the past.

Mind.. I do think that attitude is bonkers ( and then some), but that's how the cards are shuffled here...

Dex-chan lover
And this idea was purposed by the smart one.
The smart one is always the first sacrificed on the altar of nonsensical plot progression. The author expects the reader to not think by having the "smart" one suggest the stupid thing.

Happens in most stories that do this.

Users who are viewing this thread