25-ji no Ghost Writer - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - A Silly Story

Dex-chan lover
Damm that was more deep and depressing than silly. Thanks for translating

Dex-chan lover
what a silly wacky story
this lad should be a comedian

Dex-chan lover
Oh thank god they didn't have him murder her and just say something that made him frustrated in the heat of the moment. (No pun intended)

If they made a retcon where he like started the fire, I would have been pissed

@cho1971 Comedy = Tragedy + Time. Perhaps it's the absurdist in me, but there's a twisted irony to the world, some sick nonsensical sense of humor that you kinda have to just embrace

Group Leader
Thanks for the chapter.

Damn, the backstory is pretty good.

Dex-chan lover
so he lashed out and pretty much got her killed?...umh idk chief, i cant feel bad for him, since he was jealous before and in the end he didnt ''protect'' his brother after the fire, he just alienated him, so he fucked up in all instances, hope he gets better but i aint caring for him

Dex-chan lover
So "the president" is Nico's brother

And Tsugumi's brother is a punk ass bitch.

This is getting better and better. I don't know how it could end happily though...

Double-page supporter
still can't really feel much for the brother, he didn't even bother making up with him when he got older

Fed-Kun's army
Nico already left one time, I hope there won't be a second time..

Great chapter overall, gives more depth to the characters

Thank you so much for the chapter, can't wait for the next one <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Dex-chan lover
hopefully they make up
bratty as he was I just really can't blame a kid for being scared and emotional in that situation

Double-page supporter
Despite his actions, he seems to be able to feel remorse and regret for Tsugumi & Otone
He just saw his home, his loving parents, his things burn down into ashes right in front of him, who wouldn't be emotionally unstable after seeing that? Both him & his brother got the short end of the stick, though with some variations

The problem where both of'em won't reconcile with each other is most likely because of his secret/regret that he won't tell his own brother about the real cause of their last family member's (in the house) death was because of his own words
In short, because he's the reason Otone died he probably doesn't like being near Tsugumi anymore (Not because of hate, because of his regret). He knows his place, he still loves Tsugumi as a family but he can't really bare the guilt that'll appear every time he sees him

Poor guy
And yeesh, this is pretty dark

Dex-chan lover
@Hollow7F @Human_the_2nd I don't think he was directly responsible for Nico's death. I felt like she cared too much for Tsugumi for her not to rush in to save him regardless of what he said. Maybe his words pushed her to act more hastily, or maybe he could've helped her if he went in as well, but I can't blame him for it. It's just that it's very easy for him to put the blame solely on himself for what happened.

But it is unfortunate that he did nothing but grow more and more distant towards his brother over the years after the incident, when both of them could've used the emotional support.

Users who are viewing this thread