A 5000-Year Old Herbivorous Dragon, Stuck with the Title "Dragon of Evil" ~ Oh Dear, This Sacrifice Just Won't Listen ~

He's secretly op but being a vegan for 5000 year truly convinced him that he's weak and absolutely harmless.

Double-page supporter
*Recall how Diablos in Monster Hunter is actually herbivorous*
Y'know, a vegan dragon can actually be pretty dangerous. Or at least a terrible mofo that charges you at full strenght and send you flying (f*ck you Black Diablos).

Contributor
I never understand why when a group don't update a manga for months and someone else pick it up, immediately the old group release the same chapter like it was already translated . Meh.

Group Leader
I never understand why groups don't contact us before sniping a series. Especially when you only release half. Here's chapter 5 in full. We appreciate your support.

Group Leader
Yeah. Pretty shameful behavior from the other group. Definitely not the way we should conduct things around here.

Group Leader
@Nick86

What's there not to understand? The chapter was in the works for a long time and was almost due for release. It's regrettable that the other group did not contact us before starting on their own.

Contributor
@Heike - I don't understand what's the netiquette or how it works between scanlators, but if the chapter was ready i see no point in keep it offline and release it at a later date. Anyway thanks you for the update, in the end is a good thing for the readers. :)

Dex-chan lover
so this is like dookuni cooking but with a shota dragon isntead of a big fluffy eyeball?

Dex-chan lover
uwa... How terrible it will be, when she finally learns the truth...

Fed-Kun's army
@Nick86 people don’t usually keep chapters before uploading. Unless it’s because of a group rule (i.e. need to reach a quota each week, etc). Or, maybe they’re lacking people to work on it? I used to wait for months to get a TLer for Tate no Yuusha before I can even work on it.

In either case, one should always ask for the main scanlator group if they’re still doing it. Sniping is not something people look up at. Even if the scanlators are doing a bad job, most groups will respect it if they decline to hand over the manga.

Contributor
@kn1000a - Indeed, however scanlation is a mere hobby, can't anyone just translate what they like even if a serie is already scanlated by someone else? I see no point in this war, if you like something and you want to translate it just do it, no matter if 4 groups already did it before. The final user who read it will just pick up the better work close to his tastes. Just my 2 cents.

Fed-Kun's army
@Nick86 long rant incoming.

Competition is fine, however it is not efficient. You do see many manga only have one group working on it, and you also do see how desperate groups announce their need for staff. Even as a hobby, sniping a project usually mean wasting the original group’s time. Scanlating doesn’t just take a couple hours for a person, it can take a long time depending on how complex the manga is. My typesetting alone usually needs 1-4 hours varying on many manga.

So, when someone snipe your series and upload the chapter first, suddenly all your effort is wasted. “It’s not wasted if you post it and readers can pick between versions” right? But imo that isn’t quite true. There’s many reasons why most scanlated manga are monopolized, and one reason I believe in is time. If someone is already doing the manga, then why wasting your time and effort of many different people working on it? Groups don’t have the manpower most of the time to compete and work on something other people are already doing, so being competitive and just continuously upload their version is a waste of time, when they could use that time into a different manga.

It being hobby or not is not the problem here. Sniping is a pretty rude move imo either way. Even in other hobbies you don’t simply steal someone’s work in progress or their ideas just because it’s only a hobby do you? You’re wasting someone else’s time, that’s all I can see from it. People are already busy enough with life that they don’t need to see their favorite series just blatantly being taken away. When I first started out doing these scanlating stuff, I was lucky enough to be given one of my favorite manga to scanlate because I requested specifically for it and the group does have empty space for it. Maybe you can’t relate, but I was furious when I was kicked off of it not by my group but by another group -_-

Sniping is still a thing but usually it’s done when someone is doing such a bad job. You mentioned that the original group did posted the new chapter instantly after some other group did it, so that means they do have the chapter ready. Idk what their policy/decision is, but that means they did work on the new chapter and is for some reason waiting to post it. Maybe it’s their fault to hold it back, but equally I could just shoot them an email saying asking “Are you still working on this manga? If not I’ll pick it up” and that should prompt them that they’re being too slow.

Contributor
Was in a fansub group years ago, but trust me, nobody want to do what they don't like, even if nobody work on it. Moreover just because a group barely is able to translate a work doesn't mean that other groups should help. What you like matter, not what should be covered, because as i said before is an hobby you do in your spare time.
Also speaking about "stealing" is something i don't want to hear from a scanlator. Jm2c. :D

Group Leader
@Nick86

Sorry for butting in, but you seem to think that we were holding that chapter when that wasn't the case(If you ever check our posts,we just upload when we finish it, it's all erratic). When desu vult's version was released, our's was in the middle of being typeset. That was why our's was put out the day after. It was a miscommunication and rest assured, Moe Panda will continue scanlating this series. Thank you for reading, we're 1 chapter away from the raws. If you have any questions or anything, feel free to pm or drop by our discord, we'll gladly answer them, Cheers.

Contributor
@Kale_S - Well, was a odd coincidence, but i don't want to criticize anyone, was just a personal view. In the end what's matter is that this manga is translated, 1, 10, 100 groups, so i want to thanks you, Moe Panda, for your hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread