A Sword Master Childhood Friend Power Harassed Me Harshly, so I Broke off Our Relationship and Made a Fresh Start at the Frontier as a Magic Swordsman

I enjoy it. For once it's the guy leaving the girl for a better life not the girl leaving the guy for a better guy

Contributor
The first part of the first chapter, despite some warning signs, had some real hope from me that this might have something to say about healthy relationships (maybe even gender role stereotypes)...

...By chapter 3 we're already doing "girls trapped by blatantly-sexual tentacle plant monsters" stuff. I'm not even sure that's the worst of it so far. Alas, this is garbage.

The girl seems like she has no real romance with him or anything so frick it. I think ppl who went in here just focus on how she is gonna feel but it ended pretty bland. Either that or the stress and responsibility dulled her emotions and she just play around with him like a toy. The mc is the typical over powered bs guy. Might as well leave this manga because he unlocked braindead now. It would be cooler to see him using his sword more rather than being braindead. Also ppl are right, the imagine to use magic system is so stupid and simple for a guy to just show off his power while we never saw him did anything with it. About the girl, her story is either a shitty character or a tragic person who don't know what is wrong with them. She seems evil but at the same time looks like she is suffering from mental disease. But it is just the mangaka I suppose, thought too much about it.

@krikit1
she recognised immediately after he left and she was head over heels for him and always tried to help him (kinda in her way) and our mc didn't understand this tsundere and soon after she left on a search for him and some quite drama happens she found his dead body I mean fake one and vice versa and they are gonna reconcile I guess currently there are 147 chapters in novel our mc flint also want to apologise for not being able to recieve her feelings and alfine too for not properly conveying her feelings and treating him harshly

well why does this seemingly good story garner hate?
well the ln and the manga have different interpretations of the story for one
ln is focused on keeping you read
manga is focused on creating a overarching narrative

and the other well only read the spoiler on your own risk
mc ends up with his abusive wife and the new female charackters which were introduced with so much detail are basicly just filler
this story deserves flak because its basicly a story of a runaway abused spouse going back into the arms of the abuser which vows to better herself...
and instead of a journey for freedom and romance we got a giant waste of time

@Roadrunner9000 it that what happens or it's just fanfic? because what I remember tho:

MC is traumatized with his relationship with her to the point he faints one time.
Looking at that I don't see him back with her, he will stay with the new girl who will "heal" him over time.
The ex-gf is traveling with a thirsty lesbian and is also crossdressing as a man in the new chapters.

All of that just screams them "making peace" and "going their own way", at some point he will be healed and start a new relationship and she will have her heart broken and going yuri because all men are bad and the lesbian will confort her.

@Roadrunner9000 That's not what happens.
Even if thats the case, its not just a story about" abused spouse going back into the arms of the abuser", because author also makes huge chunks where the story is told in abuser's perspective. Her mind is just warped and because he left her first she denies but then she understands that she was wrong, and through her adventures she understands that even more. Thats character development, its not like MC is going to back to getting abused, I highly disagree with your opinion

Can anyone recommend something like this?...like a girl being a total light yandere/stalker/desperate

Fed-Kun's army
I'm not exactly reading this story, but overall, I can see this story having multiple types of endings. I see this story as a way of having both abused and abuser develop and grow in the story. Finn, the abused, will start to develop more confidence in himself that he will never allow someone to demean and mock him again. Alfine, the abuser, will learn that she's been too harsh with Finn and realize that she needs to change to become a better person that should respect her partner more.

The endings can have Finn and Alfine get back together, both having grown so that Finn will no longer let her degrade him, and she will have learned to respect him more, and the two will treat each other as equals and have a stronger relationship as a result.

Or, it can end with Finn deciding that they shouldn't be back together, and Alfine agreeing, realizing that they might not be best for the relationship, but they will at least care about one another because they had been friends since kids. Finn already has a possible new love interest, and Alfine could likely find a new lover herself in the story.

Dex-chan lover
@Ruzand

Well there is a story almost just like this one but in modern times (and yes the ex is absolutely a yandere).

It’s called: “I'm sick and tired of my childhood friend's, now girlfriend, constant abuse so I broke up with her” (it’s a novel not a manga)

Very simple name but it’s good! though it only has 25 chapters last I check.

Dex-chan lover
The description alone is just pathetically sad. I mean, how insecure do you have to be to care that your girl is better than you? Even then, that doesn't excuse being bitch made, and letting her walk all over you from the get go. I'm all for getting out of an abusive relationship, and maybe that's the case here, but far too many of these stories are dudes complaining about stupid shit.

This would've been so much better if
the mc wasn't a ridiculously OP mage. Just a above average mage that suddenly discovers an affinity for magic and works toward improving himself that way would've been great, why make him so ridiculously strong for no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread