Aisare Tenshi na Classmate ga, Ore ni Dake Itazura ni Hohoemu - Ch. 1

Supporter
My gripe is more towards girl character being instantly so chummy and open towards a guy they just know for few minutes, which I've seen way to much lately, I want strangers to act like strangers toward another stranger man not flirting on first day pulling his face close and shit, I check the next and they're basically besties already and they've talk for few min
He didn't just meet her, though. She's been part of the tasting group for a fair bit before the series begins.

Dex-chan lover
He didn't just meet her, though. She's been part of the tasting group for a fair bit before the series begins.
Doesn't disprove anything, and with how her friends is they probably never talked, they're pretty much stranger, or at best acquaintance, but by the end lf the chapter they(she) not acting like stranger, is that so hard to understand

My gripe is more towards girl character being instantly so chummy and open towards a guy they just know for few minutes, which I've seen way to much lately, I want strangers to act like strangers toward another stranger man not flirting on first day pulling his face close and shit, I check the next and they're basically besties already and they've talk for few min
It's because she is attracted to him. My experience with girls has been if they are interested in you, the give some pretty strong yes signals right away. At least the girls I've interacted with. My wife is a quiet introvert with most people, but never with me from the outset. Maybe she's not thinking "I'm gonna bang this guy" but "This guy is interesting" and naturally uses her charm.

Also, she's not taking a risk, the guy is a known quantity in the school. Hell realistically if there was a guy like that, he'd be swarmed with both men and women. A passionate extroverted man who brings in home baked pastries? That sort of personality is magnetic to most people, male or female.

Dex-chan lover
i like this too. If you have some recomendations, share here

Dex-chan lover
first thought: i like this.
second thought: cALM DOWN GIRL

followed.

Dex-chan lover
I too dont like these "convenience" things (that normally wouldnt happen). But I think this case is ok. I've already become really friendly (aka not acting much like strangers) after an afternoon of talking

Doesn't disprove anything, and with how her friends is they probably never talked, they're pretty much stranger, or at best acquaintance, but by the end lf the chapter they(she) not acting like stranger, is that so hard to understand

Dex-chan lover
For something that is apparently MTL'd this wasn't bad. The only thing I'd ask is please don't use text/chatspeak terms and abbreviations unless it's actually representative of how a character is speaking (as in they are saying those terms in their dialogue).

Like on page 38 Satomi is shown as saying "wdym?" when I imagine the actual original line was her fully saying "what do you mean?" Not everyone knows all those acronyms, especially if they don't speak English as a first language and slang type stuff changes so rapidly that in a couple of years we could find that nobody uses that anymore and its recognition dies out.

And if it's just a time-saver because you didn't want to typeset a whole sentence then something like "hmm?" or "huh?" could just as easily be substituted and preserve the meaning.

Dex-chan lover
I too dont like these "convenience" things (that normally wouldnt happen). But I think this case is ok. I've already become really friendly (aka not acting much like strangers) after an afternoon of talking
Well this is a bit more than friendly imo, I was fine until she's hinting at future date and while mentioning couple, girl chill💁‍♀️

Dex-chan lover
i like this too. If you have some recomendations, share here
This a problem only present in shounen romcom, so I suggest trying some seinen/shoujo

However this are my favourite
Super no ura yani suu futari
Ore wa inu dewa arimasen
Telework yatabanashi
Suki na ko megana wasureta

Slowburn is definitely the best

Double-page supporter
"bruh whats the problem"
"fr"

Localizers need to be beaten with a stick

Dex-chan lover
This a problem only present in shounen romcom, so I suggest trying some seinen/shoujo

However this are my favourite
Super no ura yani suu futari
Ore wa inu dewa arimasen
Telework yatabanashi
Suki na ko megana wasureta

Slowburn is definitely the best
Super no ura is SOO good. I've read a few too, but forgot the names damn
Thx :)

Dex-chan lover
I also think this when I see a plot where a girl finds a guy who she shares a secret with and seems trustworthy, and then gets physically intimate like that and suggestively says things like "my first". Not that I'm saying it makes this story irredeemable or anything, it's just a trope at the end of the day, but I just want to say that I can relate to what you're saying, I've also thought about it before.

For reference, even with, say, Marin in Sono Bisque Doll having zero awareness of the sexual atmosphere of some of her cosplaying at the start, that's not her flirting, that's her naively thinking "I'm cosplaying with a friend". She doesn't casually conscientiously flirt with him. If all Chika did was get close to his face, that would only be on Marin's level (or the level of Chitanda from Hyouka, for example), but it's beyond that. And I'm not saying flirty characters are unrealistic, but Chika isn't a flirty character with other people, just him.

To sum it up, the author decided they wanted to write a female character who interacts with a boy she's very fond of as a friend by being obviously flirty with him, in a way that's unequivocally flirty, with no explanation, largely as fanservice to the readers and to ramp up the romantic tension, with the couple themselves being kept by the author from ever rationally noticing the fact that this behavior doesn't make sense unless the girl wants to non-verbally show the guy she's romantically interested in him (i.e. the definition of flirting). I'm not saying it's not physically possible for a similar character dynamic to exist, teens are dumb and very often not aware that they're flirting, but it apparently isn't even designed as subconscious flirting, it seems to me like the author is trying to imply that all of these little actions and gestures are coincidences that just end up mimicking flirting accidentally, and that combined with the overall context is why the dynamic feels a bit artificial. It's a bit like no one ever wearing underwear in the manga Saki (sorry if this reference is too obscure) though that doesn't really affect the story at all, just an art style quirk. Edit - Also, the next chapter doesn't have this kind of flirting so I guess it's just the author indulging themselves once. Mostly just Marin-esque naivete.

Also, let me add My Wife is From a Thousand Years Ago and Bokuyaba to the slowburn list.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread