Ano Toki Tasukete Itadaita Monster Musume desu.

Dex-chan lover
Chapter 1 seemingly had good backstory, some semblance of motivation and character establishment. It tried to use the isekai-genre, but also set itself apart.
Actually, no it bloody didn't.
The narrative goes in length to justify in a very ambiguous way, as to why the MC is choosing to be a loser, when none of it makes sense -- in fact, even TRYING to create any form of backstory is actively harmful to this story.
Instead of just enjoying this as a story where some random loser is being liked by some random hotties, who he might have a past with, the author chose to focus heavily on creating excuses as to why the MC has to be a doormat, when none of that was needed. It's taking all of the wrong lessons from Korean / Chinese stories, it's distracting from the point of the story: Hot monster tiddies wants his attention. That's literally it.
Instead, the story starts off heavily focusing on war, experiments, big-bad-society, the MC has deep and long regrets about his past, about having to submit to his role as a doormat, how much everyone treats him like a loser....
WHY!? Why would you choose to focus on this shit?

Actually, do you know why?
Because then it's incredibly easy to just fart out a hot girlfriend, that's incredibly attached to him, so she can rescue him.
What a fucking pathetic use for that sort of backstory. To go to such lengths, just to justify something any generic harem does within panels, rather than a full-blown chapter with 40+ pages.

(I don't even know why this bothered me so much, but the entirety of chapter 1 came across as trying to do something new and semi-creative, even by using known tropes, and then it just became wildly apparent of how aggressively derivative and mindless it is. Blegh.)

P.S: Also, the art in chapter 2 tanked like a motherfucker. It feels pretty clear that most of the budget went into the 1st chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Idk man, on one hand I really like the concept and it being about dealing with the stress and negative implications with talent and expectations, but it kinda gets award as it is a student-teacher relationship where the girl is underage and has big boobs.

On the other hand, I clicked on it specifically for the big boobs, so I don't really have the moral basis to criticize it.

It does seem that it is going to be a monster girl harem. So I hope it continues being interesting, otherwise only the art could save it.

I don’t usually use the forums, but i’m going to make an exception since you guys are worrying about a storyline.

In chapter one we saw the spider in a test tube of sorts, implying the girls are genetic experiments. If so, then once the rest of the girls see Washio again, the government/kingdom in charge of those experiments may come to take them back and/or kill any witnesses.

This would also explain Washio’s reaction to that dream, as he is horrified by the things going on in that lab.

Double-page supporter
I know this is a monster fetish manga. this sucks, if I wanted to fulfill my fetishes, I would go to an anime art website, not mangadex. The fact that people like this manga, solely because they have a penis, is what annoys me. Do you guys like this manga for any other reason than the "big tiddied monster girl" in this manga? absolutely not. but anyway, this manga's garbage, enjoy what you want (I guess) , and see you in the next shitty manga!

Dex-chan lover
Japanese culture is so weird, why do they love to pick loser like this? These guys don't deserve to be happy. Just pick a normal people as a main character please.

If you read enough junk writing in the internet, you will discover that their baseline loser protagonist arent different to each other whether they are written by an American, Asian or European.

The differences is though is how the story develops as many stay as shit beyond the good concept while you gave those gems that get popular enough with the rest being mid and is just decent reading.

Dex-chan lover
Japanese culture is so weird, why do they love to pick loser like this? These guys don't deserve to be happy. Just pick a normal people as a main character please.
I have seen this question asked like one thousand times and the answer for that is always the same and quite simple. The target audience or rather 90% of reader audience are the so-called Otaku. And if we are going by the clichés, then these guys are basically failures of human being and as such the 'loser' mc presents them a character they can identify with/project themselves into.

Why do you think the isekai genre is so popular? It's because it's based around the fact that the 'loser' gets second chance, but this time with superpowers and harem of fangirls. It's wish fulfilment at its peak.

I have seen this question asked like one thousand times and the answer for that is always the same and quite simple. The target audience or rather 90% of reader audience are the so-called Otaku. And if we are going by the clichés, then these guys are basically failures of human being and as such the 'loser' mc presents them a character they can identify with/project themselves into.

Why do you think the isekai genre is so popular? It's because it's based around the fact that the 'loser' gets second chance, but this time with superpowers and harem of fangirls. It's wish fulfilment at its peak.
It's a bit harsh, but I agree with you about the first part, but not the next part. Isekai and being-op on everything it is almost everyone's wish (not the dying part :D), because everyone have regrets, have a dreams, a second life.

Fed-Kun's army
kinda wish the author considered monster girl biology a bit more carefully when he decided to draw about a biology teacher and monster girls. random species legs poking out of a skirt along with human legs is just not it.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, one of those AI-voiced Youtube channels didn't recommend crap this time.
This is gonna be painful waiting for the next chapter, ughhhhhhhhhh

Fed-Kun's army
Having PTSD literally makes them the most realistic/normal character I've ever seen in a manga about checks notes being transported or reincarnated into another world with crazy magic and shit.

Double-page supporter
Honestly this MC is so unlikable students are legit getting harassed in front of him and they clearly don't like it losers keeps making comments on "how they are good together" Bruh i don't care about your low self esteem at this point you are honestly just garbage

Users who are viewing this thread