Arrogant Slave - Ch. 24 - Stab

Dex-chan lover
Idk how to feel about this episode
Yeah, this chapter left a bad taste in my mouth.

The country bumpkin offered these runaways hospitality and she was murdered for her efforts because the MC thought it was a good idea to tell the truth.

It hard to be sympathetic to the runaways after what happened. The country bumpkin's death was a cruel one.

Dex-chan lover
I want off Hamita-san's wild ride. The whiplash is too strong
1*6jPAb4qy1YfTgKOetmACdQ.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
She's going to start her own kingdom where everyone is allowed to have a leather shoe a day.

Poor village girl but she signed her own death warrant when she lifted that sword.

Dex-chan lover
“Turning”? I don’t think you can qualify them as good in the first place, but not bad enough that you don’t still root for them.
Not viewing them as good, of course. I was neutral about them until now.
But I'll withhold. Never know who's really in the wrong in a Hamita story.

Last edited:
Slave could parried or something.
Also he basically confessed to lessen the guilt on himself and she died for it too 😬
Yeah, the slave girl is a highly skilled combatant, parrying and subdue a layman like bumpkin girl should required next to no effort.

I feel like Hamita just want to create shock value for the heck of it.

Dex-chan lover
Did they just fucking kill the lady that were kind enough to offer them food and shelter and are undeniably feeling betrayed by them? Why fucking kill her, just disarm her ffs, and they don't even show any emotions whatsoever. Now I wish the lord can hunt and kill them

Contributor
Oh wow. Miss bumpkin was pretty short-lived and didn't live up to the serial killer cannibal hype, which leaves the mystery of the abandoned village and the massacres just outside unsolved. IF she really was just a country bumpkin, then the "twist" is no twist, but that also means she's pretty much a wasted character who was only introduced for the shock value of her sudden death.

Maybe this will also add to the guilt of the protagonist now that his actions led to the deaths of both brother and sister. As the master of the slave who murdered her, I can see him thinking he shares responsibility, even if he didn't intend to kill the girl.

With this outcome I also assume miss slave executed the defeated knight offscreen (if it wasn't that "snap" inducing kick she gave him last time). Slave executed the defeated knight with a neck-breaking kick, I missed that gnarly broken neck on page 2 of the previous chapter. So ends the abandoned village arc with not much changing, except adding 2 more lives taken to the slave's body count.

Dex-chan lover
let me guess the owner is probably dead at the end of the series.

Supporter
Rip feet bro, rip villager girl, the slave is very practical in her viewpoint

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, the slave girl is a highly skilled combatant, parrying and subdue a layman like bumpkin girl should required next to no effort.

I feel like Hamita just want to create shock value for the heck of it.
Most likely Hamita is gauging comments and reactions on twitter and acting accordingly. I think he's been horsing around like that from the start. And after a couple of foot fetish jokes, he made it a bit dark.
My suspicion is that he'll get in back to a lighter tone again now and horse around a bit more. He knows his audience.

It's so weird this started out as a joke series and then became a crazy dramatic plot.

Dex-chan lover
That was pointless…why did he even confess to killing her brother? Was he just in the mood to rile her up?

Users who are viewing this thread