Arrogant Slave - Ch. 29 - Rescue

Dex-chan lover
Dude can stop a sword mid-swing by gripping the opposite side with his bare hand. While injured.

Maybe he's actually a demigod or something, and Slave-chan is a goddess tasked with retrieving him, hence why she's so unfamiliar with human day-to-day functioning.

Dex-chan lover
Here I was hoping that they'd be able to just leave the town and put a lot more distance between them and their old kingdom. But they're gonna get involved with this, and that'll definitely slow them down some, especially if they sustain any injuries. But I guess when it's Hero time, it's hero time... Honestly, I'm hoping that these cultists are incredibly weak and malnourished to the point of not being able to put up a fight, so that they don't pose too much trouble.

Also, I wonder if anyone tried the excuse:

"Oh I'd love to drink from the Spring, but I am unworthy of Latona's mercy and grace. Only the most deserving should drink from the lake, while the worthless like myself should drink from the well."

Probably wouldn't work, but might be worth a try.

Dex-chan lover
This has gone entirely off the rails and I'm all for it. I've always wanted a series that started off as a slice of life and then switched genres entirely. Something like Yu Yu Hakusho but even more abrupt of a tonal shift.

Dex-chan lover
This ain't well, for both commoner-slave and person who want drink clean water

Users who are viewing this thread