Asebi and Adventurers of Sky World - Vol. 10 Ch. 55 - Emperor and message

Dex-chan lover
So far, I'm thinkin the dad had the right idea. Fuck those guys in the pods, they're assholes

dad did nothing wrong, he could have just murdered them all straight away

Dex-chan lover
And fuck Licorice once again, she has no qualms letting the daughter die not even trying to convince the emperor to heal the daughter.

@BloodySorcerer

Still want to defend her actions now ?

Dex-chan lover
Licorice needs to order the combat models to kill the emperor, then they need to stop the brain washing, open the emperor's pod, and just off him. That way everyone can be saved (Why the dad didn't think about this before is beyond me)

I'm against Licorice on this one. Better to have changed their memories than potentially getting the world fucked a second time.

@WillLi probably because they have sensitive information/knowhow that's potentially exploitable. The people in the pods are first class citizens after all.

Dex-chan lover
@shouldsleep Licorice didn't know if what the dad said was true. So we can't really judge her till next chapter where we see if she does anything about this obvious villain. If she's still all for blindly freeing everyone just so she can see her family, then she is a 'bad guy'.

And I'm not sure if the information would be worth anything(if they even have access to it after erasing people's memories in the first place). But worst come to worst with that, they could 'back up' the information into computers and then off them. Like I love this world and setting that was built, but I think the author just didn't think about this and didn't come up with a reason why not to other than Asebi's family being consumed by revenge. But it's been five years they should've thought about it by now.

@WillLi correct me if I am wrong but Licorice shouldn't be able to order the combat modules to do anything except from Dahlia

Why didn't the dad think of this before ? Maybe because he didn't want to be a murderer, the emperor may be an asshole but I don't think Asebi's father is that much of a psycho.

Dex-chan lover
@Rebelos Not all the combat models, the strike team that is currently following her orders and asking for her orders, she can order them.

@BMokou erasing a person's personality and memories and overwriting them is killing the person. <.< Like the only reason that isn't considered murder by our definition is because that isn't possible in our society. And it also wouldn't be 'crazy' in this situation. At least not comparatively. What takes someone being crazier, killing 1 person out of revenge, or brainwashing 8600 people out of existence?

Well, I'm actually more okay with brainwashing an asshole to try to make him better than to kill them. Plus the class A citizens were kind of like nobles, there's no guarantee that the emperor didn't have their approval for what he did so cleaning the actual assholes even if it's only a few among 8600 would still make him a serial murderer and then what ? Do you really think the rest would approve of him ? If they would then he's totally right to try and change them for the better.

Licorice is the one person in this show who doesn't deserve any happy ending. The Emperor's fulfilling his role as an asshole, the father did his job to prevent an apocalypse, Gram did his job to gather resources/talent/interest in the excursions, Dahilia had her redemption and Yuu is the MC. Licorice on the other hand is contradicting all of her so-called morals and being shortsighted af. She could've had way better solutions by working together, but decided to betray the team twice while supporting a clear-cut villain.

Double-page supporter
again, if licorice doesnt get killed by the end of this im going to be so pissed. Licorice IS a bad person. She does not deserve forgiveness after shooting Asebi whether she had a core connected to her somewhere else or not. Best thing that could happen is for her to get shot.

@WillLi actually I checked again the previous chapters and you are right, it is implied that she is their master now. Maybe it's possible only if the emperor gives her this authority?Since he is the emperor I guess he was their default master. That would explain why dad couldn't mess with the robots before

As for Licorice as a character I disagree with the opinions here. She mostly made the most reasonable actions so far if we take account the situation she is in, and she is clearly a good character who is caught up in a very hard moral decision. Also she never shot Asebi

Dex-chan lover
Well if they had any doubts of what the Doctor was saying, the Emperor immediately coming in and attempting to kill someone pretty much proves he was right to go with the brainwashing plan.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't this just an extreme variation of the age-old Conservative vs Liberal debate? We knee-deep politics now

@tblst: Art itself is political. The author is free to put any political message in his work. It's up to us the reader to understand his message.

Fed-Kun's army
licorice will pretty much do anything as long as she gain something

Users who are viewing this thread