Assassin's Pride - Vol. 7 Ch. 34 - Pandora Days

Dex-chan lover
I don't think I've seen this obvious a setup since I played FFXIV last month.

Dex-chan lover
How did the maid get on the council? Seems like any asshole can be in on this. Not a secret society this is a club

things are getting intense, can't wait for the new chapter.
so much better then the anime.....

Dex-chan lover
This is why the manga is superior, all that talk about him not being a demon teacher and she gets a front row seat to Melida's flying act
Clearly, as opposed to the "White Prince" that Serge is, he is going to be the "Demon Lord" which is probably what his dad was too.

Dex-chan lover
I still find it funny that this entire thing is basically all because of a potential affair. They are going to such great lengths just to either A) cover it up, B) expose it, C) use it to bring about reform, and/or D) make personal money and status gains. It always is interesting to see people try and cover up/fix a scandal, by making a different scandal which could be said to be even worse.

If you ask me, hiring assassins to kill one of your family's children, just because you suspect her birth is questionable, but lack any actual proof is kind of a shitstorm if it was leaked. For 1, the kid didn't do anything wrong and 2, since it was done without conclusive proof, it brings to question just how stabile is the family, where they would be so afraid of a child that they hire professional assassins to kill her just, because they were suspicious? What else are they paranoid about? Are their other potential things that have been preemptively "handled" without even confirming them? It throws away more or less all of the public trust, which they already seemingly have none of anyways if these group members are anything to go by.

There are way better ways of handling this. Publically force your opinion and exicute them for having an afair, this keeps lets you somewhat save face, and also provides an opportunity to squash possible other interest groups from using this possible "weakness". Since it was done publically, that becomes the truth since even now finding the real truth has been this hard, that even with their best efforts, they couldn't find the answer. Who would still go to the same lengths once the issue had been already handled?
Another option is to simply exile or denounce her status. She was proven to be useless until MC showed up, so why not just change the narrative to saying that even though she was hopelessly powerless, we allowed her to still become an "honorary knight" since her sword skills were still good and she is at least half Angle. That way if she actually becomes proven to be 100% legit, you can welcome her back, and if not, she is just another knight serving you.

Another option would be to have MC fake her death with a double (if they really just had to kill her), and bring her to Jack Raven as a potential recruit. Though this is harder because of all the red tape and that the higher-ups may not accept it, it isn't too bad of an option.

Now I may have overlooked a thing or 2, but honestly, that the main driving point for all of these events happening is just because of a supposed afair still is crazy to think about.

Now that they bring it up, I'm actually curious what Felgus is actually doing regarding the rumours... Does he actually know something about it?

Dex-chan lover
I really like Salacha, so I'm glad she doesn't seem to be into that conspiracy business. I guess we'll be seeing her switch side later on.

To think that's now yet another ~12 days(???) waiting for the next Ch...
And I have a feeling that announcement and what will happen right after it, which is basically what we want to see the most, will take 2Ch to develop.

I know Kufa should be way stronger than the La Mor girl, so I really wanna see her tryin' anything again. Hopefully we will see him doing some amazing stuff as well

Dex-chan lover
@JavelinJoe The political situation in the noble class is very scary, and at anytime when their weakness or dirty secret is discovered (this case an affair) they are essentially at the mercy of the conspirator and it will be their downfall.

For the nobles, especially one of the 3 great families, it is better to nip the bud of the problem rather than to go for the wait-and-see approach so to prevent anything that shake their authority and foundation. In this case, the angel family have produce paladins for many generation (every generation is a paladin, no exception) and somehow the current generation is a different class. This brings up many questions to whether the wife of the main family have an affair, and if so must get rid of the evidence (Melinda). Saying to put her as an "honorary knight" is impossible in this situation as Melinda still carries the angel's blood and name which in a strict caste system is an absolute unconceivable as this will bring a crack to the system in place and the questionable legitimacy of the angel family.

Faking her death is a fine idea but Jack Raven is still under the country's authority and she is still not safe from them. Don't forget that they have something called Mana Signature (something like our DNA test) and she will be discovered sooner or later. In this case Kufa did not let her join Jack Raven mainly because he doesn't not want her to be involve in a world of blood.

@JavelinJoe Isn't the whole point of all this stuff is to saving face for the Duke family? I imagine getting expose for the affair is like getting cancelled nowdays for some things people said in the past. It might be a bit too crazy but since this is a medieval set-up where noble really cares about their public figure so I can give it a pass.

Double-page supporter
It is said that the french revolution started with a stupid quip from a noble, or even a rumour of such a thing. The fact that there is effectively a underground reformers/revolutions circle that has the one of the head of the three houses involve basicly means that this entire kingdom is on shaky foundations. Any scandal can cause its downfall tbh.

You would have to be an amazing politician for this to not result in murder and being public.

Dex-chan lover
So legitimate question regarding kufa's strength. Compared to the overwhelming strength of a paladin if he released his vampire mana how strong is he? I ask cause he literally transplanted his mana into melida... and if vampires in this world work like vampires tend to do that might result in her gaining his overwhelming vampire strength which could, in theory, be comparable with paladin mana.

Dex-chan lover
Salacha, I am disappoint. You really had me convinced you were a decent person, but you're actually supporting a mustache-twirling, saturday-morning-cartoon villain? 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread