Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 5 Ch. 37 - The Steps of a Sea Turtle

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation. Can't wait to support the official translation, this series is great.

Dex-chan lover
She should buy some chocolate for Takamatsu as an apology. Since there's nothing wrong about Saitou's logic algorithms, she should be able to understand that having people willing to talk to her be friendly is better than having them be hostile, even if she doesn't quite get how to keep them friendly. Chocolate speaks more than a thousand words, however.

This series is great, that's all I really need to say. I love the way he explains how much she's grown in such a short but long time.

Dex-chan lover
The HEALING is slow but welcome. I hope this series runs for 200+ chapters and we see her outgrow her mental issues at the end.

Group Leader
@So-chan I hate to break it to you, but it's ending at chapter 100 in the volumes (ch 124 from the online magazine, which I believe the Chinese scans are using) https://twitter.com/wasabirokou/status/1331111395778195456

@So-chan we who have Asperger never really outgrow totally from it. We can get better, yes, but never totally "cured". But this manga does indeed shows how one's lives with Asperger, and how it affects one's life. I can say this, because i have it aswell.

Dex-chan lover
@phosphylite that's decent, more would be better tho.

@rookgard not with that attitude. The key to having free will is believing that you have free will. Or some nonsense like that.

I didn’t under half of what he said.
@So-chan
Yeah, let’s just use willpower to grow a foot back!
My Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome will go away if I just try really hard to not have it!
Brain structure is entirely about bootstraps!
Depression is for the weak!
All I have to do is have the right attitude and my ancestors won’t have inbred from 500BCE through the 1700s!
My genes are in my own hands!

F off.

And you either believe in strict determinism or not. Free will isn’t an attitude. It’s a philosophical concept that’s been deconstructed for a couple millennia and with modern physics we can argue about macro scale determinism, subatomic randomness and supermacro mysteries like dark matter and how all of this effects the possibility of anything that happens not being just a matter of cause and effect from the Big Bang.
But it’s not “git gud at feeling powerful” or whatever.

@So-chan "not with that attitude. The key to having free will is believing that you have free will. Or some nonsense like that." thats not how this works. page 16 was trying to explain that something that might seem easy to you can be extremely hard to others. you can get better but you cant "cure" it and thinking that they can only makes everything worse.

Double-page supporter
What I really have trouble understanding with this manga is where all of Yokoi's sage-like wisdom comes from... He's speaking with the authority of an expert; which is ironic, because he despises "professional help", but he still knows that patients have issues with separating their personal biases from rational thought and shouldn't be solely relied upon to help others with similar issues.

@So-chan
How about you stop sucking your own dick for 12 seconds and realize you're not the galaxy brain you think you are. Your previous comment was worth less than the fortune cookie you undoubtedly got the idea from.

Users who are viewing this thread