BEASTARS - Vol. 19 Ch. 163 - Don't Look Down, Your Hair Will Get Into Your Eyes

Dex-chan lover
Fuuuuuck I fucking hope all the Shishigumi makes it out of this okay.

Group Leader
Discord community link. Come for the fun discussion, release pings, special unreleased omake, side stories, leaks and stuffs. https://discord.gg/Beastars

Time for my usual Chapter review

Wait wut? Melon actually told his story and was not an internal flashback?

Agata talking about how male lions are cowards, is a good reminder of ch 92 Ibuki’s death/backstory. Ibuki was told by the former Shishigumi boss to play the role King of Beast so Ibuki built upon that buff the entire time. Similar situation since they don’t like said title and have to bluff it.

Though why did Agata turn around and show Melon his gun….

Considering Melon did escape Legoshi, Agata does have a reason to see Melon as scary since witnessing a fight of sort.

Considering even Melon was surprised…

Only explanation that Dolph is alive is Gouhin, but Shishigumi thought he was dead. So how did Gouhin get Dolph’s body to keep him alive? Dolph would need instant first aid, but Shishigumi should have been with Dolph. Why would Shishgumi even leave Dolph body there and not try to keep him alive?

Fed-Kun's army
Probably the best chapter in a long while. Was a lot smoother and much more well written than the last few. Don't even want to say a few. Basically feels like the pacing and writing has been a bit off since the chick side-story thing. [This is my opinion. No need to witch hunt me for it]

The dolph thing may be a bit cheap but I think it actually works well and sends a much more subtle message than if Agata just shot him right out. It had impact because people didn't expect it. [Makes sense and almost felt forshadowed after the fact due to the topic of the chapter being manes] Whether thats a thing you like or not. I think its done well here.

I will agree though that the story is dragging. Especially with the talk of it ending soon

Honestly im...kinda dissapointed this is the first chapter where i feel cheaped out i was expecting something more resolute or more foreboding but...no just dolph lives...

Aggregator gang
oh come on! that's bs. what is next? Magic life transferring in kingdom? Nagatoro sopping bullying her paisen? this sucks!

Dex-chan lover
I'm just as confused as everyone else.
Did they just submit to Melone?
How is Dolph alive?
Did Epistine really kill himself?

Dex-chan lover
Melon's long overdue death. Delayed. Again. Fuck man. This is legitimately frustrating.

@Bippyboppybepis That's the literal reason why the mane exists. It's thick to help protect the neck, from bites to claws to tusks (sorta), as they prowl the territory of their pride (mostly femalle, some cubs, and small number of males) or coalition (A group mostly made of males.)

Dex-chan lover
This is one of those moments when you notice the influence of the father in Paru's work, normally in Baki we get a brief description of normal human skills or limits and then a character just tramples that limit or makes something absolutely insane.

Power Uploader
Boo... that was some cliche deus ex machina BS. We get the tragic backstory for the bad guy. The rational good guy who was murdered is magically resurrected, because nobody else could maintain the status quo. The naive young kid doesn't have to become a murderer. Yay.

Interesting turn of events, to be honest! I like this tension. Definitely expecting a coup of some sorts

Users who are viewing this thread