Site feedback - Please read the post so your comment does not get DELETED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff
Super Moderator
1. Advanced search: add the option to search for completed, ongoing, etc manga

1. There is no apparent way to keep track of replies to one's comments, or a way to see all of your comments in a list to revisit the conversations.
2. There doesn't seem to be a way to "Mark as read" chapters without actually loading them all one by one.
3. The search is rather limited. For example, there is no way to filter completed series.

1. The new Layout of the main page.

3. No search result filter, like not being able to sort by higher rating first when I do an advanced search.

Fed-Kun's army
• Occasionally after reading several chapters at once none of them are marked as read
• I can search by tags but can't sort them afterward by rating/popularity, etc. If you can already do this, I can't find where to do it.

1. The layout for the latest updates makes the portrait or images look smaller
2. There is no way to mark something as read other than to open the chapter
3. Chapter languages are mixed (example: ch1in spanish ch1 in english), pretty low on annoyingness but i needed a N°3

Group Leader
1. On mobile, when you scroll down a chapter page, it often changes the pages instead of just scrolling.
2. On home page, URL for "All" updates and "Follows" updates should be different. (I'd prefer being able to open the page on my updates than general ones when I make a bookmark)
3. Series listed as "completed" on your MDlist should still be displayed on Follows if they get an update.

1. If I read a chapter it should be marked as read regardless of it being followed or not.
2. Ability to mark chapter as read without opening it (from chapters list)
3. Delayed chapters do not update the manga last updated timestamp.

Group Leader
1. I hate blue, with the new design i have to redo my custom style.
mangadex.png

Contributor
1. Front page far more difficult to parse, preferred being able to see more new releases that I wasn't already following

2. "Follows" page: increased spacing around lines makes reading it more difficult

1. The home page showing new titles is a bit ugly. Have options to hide the extra info on each entry. For follows, You could clear up a lot of clutter by not showing every single chapter when a group releases a buttload of them at the same time.

2. I know I can do this with the simple list on the Manga-Titles page, but that's also annoying because the functions of both pages overlap. While I'm at it, MDList also seems to have overlapping functions with the Follows page.

3. I might just not be looking carefully but I don't see a way to like or reply to other comments. Is there?

History shows chapters instead of titles, it is too short too, it will be best if it is at least 20 entries

It will be good if there is a easy way to find bookmarked completed titles, they don't have updates and if you don't want to read them on one sitting they are pretty hard to find at your 400 and some more bookmarks.

Group Leader
@Fruitfish

3. Demographics like Shoujo and Shounen can still be searched for in the genre category, which can be misleading imo.

If you remove the demographics from the selectable genres, then you would only be able to search through either all or only one specific demographic at a time. The way it is now, you can selectively turn on and off those demographics that you want to include or exclude from your search, which is something I frequently do. I say keep it the way it is.

1. List views look cluttered on mobile with two lines making it hard to read.
2. Latest updates on main page is too long for mobile view and takes a while to get to content below it.

Dex-chan lover
1. Overall increase in bloat - unecessary abstraction in the new reader, useless slideshow at bottom of main page, fade-in-out animations and generally anything that increases processor load averages over the old version.

2. UI Clutter - I'm from the K.I.S.S (keep it simple stupid) school of thought. Old layout was simple and slick. New one looks like a tacky Richard Mille offering.

3. The whole Read/Completed/Dropped thing. Let's say I find a manga where I've read all past chapters on Batoto. Clicking on every single past chapter to get the "read" eye thing is annoying, and selecting the "Complete" option selects even the most recent unread chapter. A "Real All Up Until Last Release" (for lack of better term) option would be nice.

I agree, on mobile the reader just doesn’t work properly 90% of the time, the little red arrow that isn’t so little results in being pulled to the top of the manga when you accidentally hit it.
An option to go back to the old site at least on mobile would be great

Power Uploader
[ul]I hate that I have to menu, follow to get my follows instead of just tapping on an icon along the top. Now it’s just a logo for “quick access”. I’ve noticed this on many mobile designed sites, and it sucks.[/ul]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread