Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu - Vol. 4 Ch. 49

Dex-chan lover
@bravedude8 lmao where did this hooded cabal conspiracy shit come from, get out of here kid.

It's not hard to reason that since the tlanon's been caught up for months that a short page count series with (relatively) little redrawing needed would be trickle-released.

@BraveDude8 if the group is just two people at this point, why are the other fourteen still listed as members as though they were still active? and why, when these chapters first started appearing, did several of these members suddenly crawl out of the woodwork to shit on these releases?

Group Leader
@DirkHardpeck
@bravedude8 ... You're just being an embarrassment in these comment sections right now..

I don't usually agree with you, but this, you've nailed it. I can understand those who've never spent one second involved in scanlating bitching and moaning about this and that so they don't know how much hard work and time it does take, but for a fellow scanlator, let alone the moderator of the comment sections himself, going on and on and on, badmouthing another scanlator who happens to be scanlating the same series his own group is scanlating is an embarrassment to the community.

Group Leader
@fullerhorn speaking as somebody in big groups that have relatively deteriorated over time, many groups become a massive group of really good friends. Some of them retire, don't scanlate anymore because they have commitments that don't allow them to scanlate, but they maintain in the group to chill and chat about stuff. They are very much still part of the group, even if they aren't actively working on projects. If you're in discord and see that some brainlets sniped a series that your group is working on that is still very much an attack on you, they are then personally involved, and retaliate. Even if they don't or never have actually worked on the series itself.

@Bentoki
If you're in discord and see that some brainlets sniped a series that your group is working on that is still very much an attack on you, they are then personally involved, and retaliate
that... sounds really messed up to me.

Group Leader
@fullerhorn

I suggest joining a scanlation group and spending hundreds of hours on scanlation before commenting on the nature of the beast, currently, you're talking about something that you know nothing about.

Dex-chan lover
@FredFriendly I don't usually agree with you either,thank you for the affirmation. The dude showed up to the original thread and immediately started hurling direct insults towards people, after others from Boredom did.

Like it's what I expect at this point during sanlator drama, but being a forum mod should mean you're held to even a slightly higher standard I feel.

Dex-chan lover
I don't mind the speedy translations but the problem with these new guys is that...

WHERE ARE THE TWITTER EXTRAS MAN! I'm pretty sure there are still several twitter extras....

Dex-chan lover
Also it sucks that the comments are nothing but about this whole sniping issue. Came to read reactions but it's all just about this...

Group Leader
@DirkHardpeck
Like it's what I expect at this point during sanlator drama, but being a forum mod should mean you're held to even a slightly higher standard I feel.

Absolutely!

@SprinKah
Also it sucks that the comments are nothing but about this whole sniping issue. Came to read reactions but it's all just about this...

It hasn't all been about sniping, but none of it should be.

About the chapter, I wasn't too impressed with the manifestation of a pseudo-self and I hope "he" doesn't become a permanent fixture in the series. In fact, I was downright annoyed by it. It's like a cheap parlor trick.

@Bentoki
@fullerhorn I suggest joining a scanlation group and spending hundreds of hours on scanlation before commenting on the nature of the beast, currently, you're talking about something that you know nothing about.

Oh, but I have spent hundreds (if not thousands) of hours scanlating in collaboration with several groups and translators and, in my opinion, you guys are a bunch of cry-babies if you feel the need to, as you say, "retaliate" when someone else scanlates something that your group has done. You sound like a bunch of entitled do-gooders who are, in fact, actually leeching of the hard work of the original creators.

Contributor
@SprinKah The new translator doesn’t seem to be interested in translating those, so you’ll have to wait for the extras.

@Bentoki i suggest you take a step back and realise how weird it is to be so possessive over a manga you don't really own, enough to coin phrases and terms when people 'take' it from you. scanlators need to care about their craft but this whole 'sniping' thing when scanlators don't own the series at all is too much, especially when it descends into petty tribalism like it has here. you're a scanlator, you scan, you translate, you clean it up, you post the damn thing online. that's it, that's the bare minimum. you don't own the series, there's no calling dibs, you simply work on it to the best of your ability, your craft, as best you can, and if someone else releases the same chapter, then let them. anime fansubs used to do this before crunchyroll killed them and they functioned just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread