Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S Rank ni Natteta

@Paulo27 thats just training... a novice boxer can train with a pro boxer, but it doesn't mean he can actually beat anyone professionally.

Aggregator gang
This father and daughter pair is so cute! And the way she act spoiled and he indulge her, so soothing!

Fed-Kun's army
@Paulo27 To be fair he's at an age where people don't really expect to see change in themselves, he's content to just be some middle-aged dude in some town. He did acknowledge that he can punch a bit above his weight thanks to training constantly even after retiring, but he's lived his whole life thinking he was average at best and still thinks he only beat his daughter at first because of her bad habits that he knows in and out. If you think it's weird his character hasn't had progress, I'd think it'd be even weirder if it did. A middle-aged man essentially living in retirement should have character development happening at a much slower rate than your typical teenage manga characters. He isn't some kid that has been thinking he's a loser for a few years, he's an old dude that spent a decade or more not only thinking he's average, but accepting it and being content with it, and any situations where he beats up someone strong will and should probably be justified as just his old-man knowledge, or a lucky win, or something. It should be hard to change an older dude's mind about himself, because that's how old people think when they've lived a certain way for most their life, all the more when they're content with it and have structured their way of thinking around it.
It's not really "eye-rolly" that the fathercon girl would rely on old habits and keep losing to her dad that she doesn't want to beat up until he says something that gets her riled. That's, like, exactly what I would expect in that situation. You think this bundle of daddy-cuddles is gonna just show up and get serious and try to style on her pops asap? I don't see it at all as an author forcing a character's arbitrary power level to a certain place or whatever you think that is, I see that as the characters being true to their character, because they're written consistently.
Plus, I really, really don't think the story would end with him single-handedly saving the day and then saying "I'm just an E-rank teehee pero." There's no point to setting up all these moments where he talks about how much he sucks after people witness him not sucking if not to eventually have character development in that direction.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to get real aggressive and beat you in an internet fight with a giant wall of text, I'm just rambling 'cuz I really like this character. You're allowed to dislike things!

tl;dr this author deserves credit for writing older folk as older folk and not as just another character but with a beard

hell, most of these characters have been pretty well-written so far

I love this fuckin' manga

Dex-chan lover
Poor Mr Belgrieve... when he stepped on demon's lair (Bordeaux mansion), there is no way he could get out anymore before marrying the countess :)

Anyone wanna spoil the LN for me and let me know that the father/daughter don't end up romantic.......? please.........................?

@anonyan I agree. The dad is surprisingly thought out as a character like
worring that your daughter won't come back and maybe over reacting to fears.

Pretty good manga. Not sure how I feel about all this intrigue and build out of conflict. It could be totally bullshit and ruin the entire story. All depends on how it rolls out.

Contributor
I think I've already professed my love for this series in general, but I have to say, this last chapter (14) had almost chillingly good art in a couple places. There'd been times before in the action scenes, too... Who is this artist? They're good.

Think I've found what I was looking for. This is the bee's fucking knees. Thanks Pen3, you da best.

Oi so, i'm not a reviewer type of person, but i'm posting this in case anyone who wishes to know if this manga is good or not,
and what the majority of readers are either debating over or had an issue with.

Just a heads up some minor spoilers ahead!

1.Does the Daughter actually get home or is this one of those never ending type of things?
The answer is yes she does, I won't say which chapter specifically, but in the manga she has gotten home.

2. iS ThiS uSAgi DRop/Dad has a harem?
No. Many people fear that it will end like Usagi, or the father will have a harem in the end. He won't have a harem, and it won't end like Usagi.

3. Hows the art?
Personal opinion, it's pretty fricken good. Its a nice art style where almost everything seem to be meticulously hand drawn, like stuff you would see in 'behind-the-scene' type of videos where you see the animator's draw an eye very detailed like or a character in some form of stance, and again I mean this in a good way i'm not trying to say that the art looks half finished at times or something like that. The art also helps in emphasizing a character's personality or how they fight at times.
A short example being that of the rather playful, and laid back cat girl (no she does not constantly say 'nya' btw) who's personality is emphasized via the artwork with her being drawn more simplistic like at times, and almost always having a joyful like smile on her despite the situation. TBH This isn't the best description of her, but I think many readers agree that they like the way she is drawn most of the time.

P.S. Don't expect any scantly clad type of clothing appearing at all.

4. How are the character's?
I would say pretty good most of the time the father especially, each character has their own personality, which are even more enjoyable due to the art helping in showing it. In terms of character development, I would say its there, but I wouldn't know what it looks like unless I was hit in the face with it."

5. Any mary sues?
Depends on how you see it really, but I would say that every character has some form of a flaw that doesn't make them a mary sue in the end.

6. Update speed?
Horribly slow.

7. What are people mainly complaining about?
Originally it was that people got quite angry at the pace of the story, with many assuming that this was gonna be one of those stories where the character almost always achieves their goal but right at the end something happens that denies them from achieving it, and that this would go on till the end of the series you know something annoying like that.This could mainly be explained with the slow update speed, and each chapter being a decent size, not to mention that people are to used to this type of scenario.
Now though people are debating if the father's whole "I'm not really that powerful, look I lost a leg to a wolf, just ignore the fact that i'm beating adventures who are ranked triple A while I ended my career at rank E" spiel is either really annoying, and makes no sense, or if it makes sense. I will say that people from both sides have made decent arguments on this topic, so i'm just gonna let you figure that out for yourself.

8. In the end is it a good story?
Yes.

Anyhow sorry for being long, and I hope this helps!

What Zaiphel said...
What is the Strength of the Father? Is he actually as strong has his Daughter sells him as or is it just pure luck?
Its driving me insane, like I know that he has skills, but is his skill actually equal to the praise/hype???

@AUSGrizzly To answer your question.

I would say at the very least he is most certainly not as strong as his daughter makes him out to be.
Sure he is quite strong as he has been practicing how to fight, and guarding the town from C and even once in a blue moon A rank monsters, even though he ended his career at E rank.
In my eyes he is probably not strong enough to face off against Higher ranked Adventurers or monsters in the long run.
Now you may argue about how he was able to take down one triple A ranked adventurer, and his S ranked daughter, but heres the thing about that.
1. I said long run, while he may have beaten an AAA ranked adventurer, not only did he only beat 1 triple A ranked, but one who was wielding a weapon he specialized in. So yes he may have been able to defeat her, he won't be able to beat every triple A ranked in the *long run* especially those who specialize in other forms of combat.
2. With his daughter, well its his daughter, he trained her, hence he knows her weaknesses, and when she got serious we could see he was one handily beaten by her.

Users who are viewing this thread