Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S Rank ni Natteta

Fed-Kun's army
This is honestly even better than the novel. Really good chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
@Uthred I think its confirmation bias at this point. Like someone who believes in a conspiracy theory, no matter what evidence you throw at him he will find some way to explain it to himself in a way that still makes him seem weak.

The way I see it is that the fight he got into that took his leg was such a shock to him at such an early time in his career, and not even to a monster recognized as powerful, gave him some mental trauma; probably overhyping the power levels of everyone and everything around him. Now his identity is developed on that idea that he is a failed adventurer that he can't easily accept that he is really that powerful.

Granted I am making this work and the author could have just put it in cause he found it funny. It also doesn't explain why he is not more recognized by the public as the powerful warrior he is.

@Aireael You are not wrong but not entirely right either. Recapping events up to ch 22. So if you haven't read to that point don't view the spoiler.
First his fight with his daughter, the first time she lost because she wasn't being serious. The second time he lost when she was serious but she dropped her sword and hugged him due to hurt feelings. Had he not slipped he would have also lost to Ash, who is a much better swordsman. He also barely won against Sasha only due to her running out of stamina and falling. What he currently has going for him knowledge and above average strength. His fight with the demon lord was in a weakened state due to Angie dealing with most of it. The fight with the winter spirit basically flicked him away.

That just adds to his own complex.

Next part includes some minor spoilers of his past.
When Angie comes home, she talks about the demon lord she fought. He didn't lose his leg to a weak monster, it was a beast demon lord that came after him. He also mentions in the fight in the mansion that bits left over from that fight start to ache in reaction to being near one. Early on there was a chapter the said he left home early to be an adventure due to his parents dying. He was in his teens then. Spoilers be ahead.
He was actually weak as an adventure, only really good at gathering information. E ranking was a correct rating. When the villager talked about him struggling early on in the manga it was true, he only gained the strength he has now because he lost his leg. Over the past 20+ years he has been training to compensate for the lost leg, (before he meets Sasha) which gave him his current strength. Later on he comes to understand how far he has come from his adventurer days.
He is not recognized because he wasn't able to do anything. He's only useful around his home town and does not interact with others outside of his town. Only after Angie started spreading his name did people start to take any form of notice, even then it's only because he raised her.

This is about the only one where the MC see's themself as weak that I really enjoy. Reading a bit further into the WN or waiting on it to be covered in the next few chapters of the manga (hopefully) would show his past.

anime/manga like this one that can balance the whole slice of life bit while also having an overarching plot. its the same reason why i like jojo part 4 but dont like most slice of life animes.

Wait, this is on hiatus? Since when? Why? Why would they do this? I don't care that we only get one chapter every few months, just as long we get more.

This has to be the only slow upload manga I'll ever be patient with. Each chapter is just so fulfilling. Like what @ultimate-gamer-3000 said, it has a good balance of slice of life & it's foundation as an adventure/fantasy manga. An incredibly humble guy that doesn't piss you off with the way he think's he's weak. Got stronger through time & effort, not something bestowed by God. It's definitely a piece of fresh air.

@teamchat i wish more anime and manga like these would be mainstream. im not saying the current mainstream is bad but like i just dont enjoy pure adventure/action or slice of life as much as i enjoy this.

Users who are viewing this thread