Boy's Abyss - Vol. 15 Ch. 146 - Eyes

Dex-chan lover
Wait, I thought Kazumaza has a different Dad? They had the "Who's Reiji's dad" twist so often I forgot who's the real one....
And why was the teacher at the police station? Was she in prison for her mom to pick her up?
I'm very confused.
She broke the restraining order that was placed upon her after the 1st almost successful suicide attempt from Reiji.

But again, she just got a slap in the wrist, and didn't show remorse for her actions. The consequences are more social relared, the town has vilified and scorned the Shibasawa family for her daughter's antics because the rumors were spread.

Dex-chan lover
About Reiji's dad thing:
It may be an error from raws, as far as we know, Masaharu isn't Reiji's dad.

Dex-chan lover
Reiji’s looking a lot like Yuko in this chapter :(

Unfortunately things like this tend to get passed onto the next generation unless someone is able to break the cycle, let's hope our boy will be able to before it's too late for real :(

Dex-chan lover
About Reiji's dad thing:
It may be an error from raws, as far as we know, Masaharu isn't Reiji's dad.
Yeah... as far as we know..... unfortunately, this information came straight from Yuko. And Yuko cannot be trusted. She has already said all kinds of s***; told her mother she cheated with her(Yuko's) father just to isolate Reiji. Remember, she also claimed that Esemori was Reiji's father, and practically all readers believed it until irrefutable evidence stated otherwise, and even then, she was still spreading the lie around(at least, to Sensei). Masaharu COULD actually be the father, and there is no one off the table unless evidence suggests otherwise(and right now, the only male char we are absolutely sure that isnt' the father would be Esemori).

Dex-chan lover
Reiji loses it more and more each chapter, someone help him. 😭
Hope Reiji doesn't dare to call Nagi to her phone, considering sensei has her phone and may take advantage of that.

If Reiji bites the b8 (in case sensei answers and pulls her better Nagi impersonation to lure Reiji) and goes to meet "Nagi", only to find the actual truth... he may end up snapping and may do something that will put him at irreconciliable odds with law enforcers. Iirc, there were 3 things that actually pissed Reiji off or made him act out of his listlessness and be an actual person: Esemori using Chako, Sensei destroying the latter's dream and Gen trying to beat the living shit of Nagi and killing her. If Reiji finds out Sensei is the cause Nagi couldn't contact him and viceversa, sensei may end up knowing Reiji's angel of death persona. And either he'll lash out... or politely say nasty things to sensei for the sake of mere emotional torture.

Lowkey, i want sensei to try, on her increasing desperation and denial of reality, to sell Reiji the idea of why she's so fixated on saving him and why she thinks she loves him and use that first encounter from the Senkou Shoujo one shot (when kid Reiji gave JK Sensei back something she dropped to the floor) as the main excuse on why she thinks they are fated to be together. Even if Reiji proves her why it's a wrong thing to think so.

Considering the thematics of these climax closures, every one of the people Reiji has met again in The Town has wanted to become Yuko in some shape or behavior (Gen, Chako, even though she didn't know her wish was to become the woman who keeps tormenting Reiji), but what if Reiji is faced by another perspective and makes sensei realize she is just being like his mom by doing everything she is doing "for his sake" and is becoming the thing she is trying to destroy in the process??

Maybe all this shit would be even beneficial for Reiji and may give him more insight about what he is searching for on his quest for answers so he could face the real Nagi: by realizing Sensei has the same desire Yuko has (not being left behind by people for being a 29yo single woman with a dead end job), but is also doing the same wrong thing Yuko does (isolate Reiji and have him only for herself as a result), he may finally realize what Yuko wanted all this time was to be loved and not left behind for being sexually exploited, AKA, tainted.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hope Reiji doesn't dare to call Nagi to her phone, considering sensei has her phone and may take advantage of that.

If Reiji bites the b8 (in case sensei answers and pulls her better Nagi impersonation to lure Reiji) and goes to meet "Nagi", only to find the actual truth... he may end up snapping and may do something that will put him at irreconciliable odds with law enforcers. Iirc, there were 3 things that actually pissed Reiji off or made him act out of his listlessness and be an actual person: Esemori using Chako, Sensei destroying the latter's dream and Gen trying to beat the living shit of Nagi and killing her. If Reiji finds out Sensei is the cause Nagi couldn't contact him and viceversa, sensei may end up knowing Reiji's angel of death persona. And either he'll lash out... or politely say nasty things to sensei for the sake of mere emotional torture.

Lowkey, i want sensei to try, on her increasing desperation and denial of reality, to sell Reiji the idea of why she's so fixated on saving him and why she thinks she loves him and use that first encounter from the Senkou Shoujo one shot (when kid Reiji gave JK Sensei back something she dropped to the floor) as the main excuse on why she thinks they are fated to be together. Even if Reiji proves her why it's a wrong thing to think so.

Considering the thematics of these climax closures, every one of the people Reiji has met again in The Town has wanted to become Yuko in some shape or behavior (Gen, Chako, even though she didn't know her wish was to become the woman who keeps tormenting Reiji), but what if Reiji makes sensei realize she is just being like his mom by doing everything she is doing??

Maybe all this shit would be even beneficial for Reiji and may give him more insight about what he is searching for on his quest for answers so he could face the real Nagi: by realizing Sensei has the same desire Yuko has (not being left behind by people for being a 29yo single woman with a dead end job), but is also doing the same wrong thing Yuko does (isolate Reiji and have him only for herself as a result), he may finally realize what Yuko wanted all this time was to be loved and not left behind for being sexually exploited, AKA, tainted.
Incredibly insightful! This manga tends to always do the opposite of what you'd expect in a way that usually makes sense.
To me it feels like Reiji is too far gone right now to genuinely care about anything, if Reiji regains some sense of self, it's possible you'd be right, in one last attempt to save (or kill) himself.

We still haven't actually gotten the bridge scene, I feel like that will be the climax of the manga in some way.
After analyzing the bridge, it seems like it's the bridge in Tokyo, not the one in that town.

Dex-chan lover
Incredibly insightful! This manga tends to always do the opposite of what you'd expect in a way that usually makes sense.
To me it feels like Reiji is too far gone right now to genuinely care about anything, if Reiji regains some sense of self, it's possible you'd be right, in one last attempt to save (or kill) himself.

We still haven't actually gotten the bridge scene, I feel like that will be the climax of the manga in some way.
After analyzing the bridge, it seems like it's the bridge in Tokyo, not the one in that town.
Sensei climax and closure will serve as the key to unlock the answers Reiji want about Yuko's true wishes. From there, one thing for sure: Reiji will end up accepting Nagi for who she is because of the present time situations and either pull themselves together or throw themselves to their deaths. It's just as you said, the resolution will depend if Reiji regains some sense of hope and control over himself after finding out the truth about the severance external forces pulled or if he keeps thinking people is leaving him behind. Gen and Chako found out and realized what's Reiji's abyss, but they can't do anything for now.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
My reaction to the police officer this chapter:

ESXPXYQ.png

This was such a wholesome chapter. Reiji has an uncle that is willing to support him, it turns out Kazu's mother was fighting over custody of him, Sensei's leaving the town with her mother, and the police officer was a genuinely nice guy who doesn't want to see Reiji die like his grandfather.

There's no way things can go south now.

...Right?
Well as long as the Spanish inquisition doesn't pop in. Otherwise I would like to tank everyone in sticking it in here see we just finished 146 chapters of circling the drain into the abyss

Dex-chan lover
Y'know what.
Forget almost everything i said in the last 2 posts.
Saw the raws for 147 and things haven't ever looked as dire and critical as they are right now.

glad im not the only one seeing the resemblance in reiji's eyes to yuko... i really hope my theory about him turning out like her doesnt end up true... anyways, i really hope thats it for shibasawa, for her own good she needs to leave

Users who are viewing this thread