Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 4 Ch. 81 - Elegant Socialite: Forced Marriage

Aggregator gang
She should just find a different job rather than trying to work at all the dance halls. DuMbAsS

@cherokeemoon To play the devil's advocate, there isn't much jobs women can do in this patriarchy society. You either get married and be a housewife, sell your body and be a prostitute, or sell your beauty and be a singer/dancer at a hall. She could a businesswoman like Su Luxia which is actually a super rare sight, though I doubt she has the capability to do that.

Fed-Kun's army
She's really a shame to transmigrators everywhere. When marrying the rich man falls through she instantly ends up broke and homeless? Did she really not make any sort of preparations at all? No? Just all-in on marrying rich, no plan B?

Dex-chan lover
I feel a little sorry for them, then I remember what they did and I say "Nah, is all fine."

Fed-Kun's army
I remember everyone being dissatisfied with not seeing the idiots suffer in the vampire ark.

Guess the author saw similar comments somewhere and he/she's giving us what we wanted in full and with interest.

My issue with the vampire arc was our poor male lead waiting an eternity for a girl who ain’t coming back

Dex-chan lover
Yeah...there's a reason why most Otome reincarnators end up as nobles or even royalty. Any world with a semblance of historical accuracy is gonna be a nightmare to live independently in as a woman.

Her reputation was all she had, and she threw that away rather splendidly. That said, it's not like she particularly endeared herself to the industry either. Every word out of her mouth was just arrogance and entitlement. I wouldn't want to hire her even without the threat or rumors. Mother-in-law is a real piece of work too. Even if the man wasn't a cheating bastard, I don't see anyone wanting to marry into that family without a boatload of money involved.

Anyway, karma is a bitch and Su Luxia punished the transgressors by letting them achieve exactly what they aimed for.

Double-page supporter
@Alicia_kun To be fair there was usual work as housekeeping related work for women but the work was often considered demeaning. Depending on when this takes place there may also be factory work or skilled labor such as childcare or some form of clothing production. Now, she lacks the skills to preform any of these jobs and is far too proud to do any of the work she actually qualifies for but thus is the danger of journeying to another time and world.

I felt bad for her for 0.5 seconds. But then I remembered that she deserved it. After that, it just felt satisfying...

Users who are viewing this thread