Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 5 Ch. 99 - That girl’s damn wild --Work together

Fed-Kun's army
Ah yes, the classic Chinese trope of “as soon as I find out we aren’t related by blood you are no longer my child and I give no shits about you even though I raised you my whole life”.

She's just banking on the fact that she's not her biological mother? But she raised her and loved her??? That matters more?...what the-

Dex-chan lover
It doesn't really change the charge of assault, but I guess vain and petty folks would be derailed by this blood relation revelation enough to forget about anything before.

Big OOF nonetheless.

Dex-chan lover
@Javra17 as someone who's read a few CN novels, there's actually quite a lot of weight put into blood relations. though of course, there are a lot of counterexamples (like parents favoring one child over the other, even if both children are blood-related) but it still stands that having a child that is of your blood is vastly more preferable to one that is not of your blood. it probably stems from a cultural view as well. also, considering how twisted the mom's personality is, i wouldn't put it past her to discard the FC over this matter.

that being said, i don't think su luxia ever mentioned the FC's family and her being swapped at birth? this is quite exciting. i'm looking forward to further developments!

Fed-Kun's army
thansk for the translations!!!

@sketchy333 it was actually mentioned but only briefly! it was during one of those long wall of texts where shes talking to the (absolutely cute!) hamster system. xiaozhen and zheen were switched at birth in the hospital and that became a contention point in the orginal novel during their college years but i guess it changed here?

@Axkmint its just like what sketchy333 said that its a whole lotta cultural thing. im not chinese, mind you, but i am asian, and blood relations are a big thing! of course, adoption is a thing too (esp since i have family members that adopted) but having blood related kids is seen as way better since it continues the blood line, brings name to the family, blah blah blah. thats actually the reason why adoption is seen as a last resort, if pregnancy is just not viable. its more so economics and lineage than anything else, but in very traditionalist countries like china and japan, blood relations are really really important. thats why mistresses and wedlock children are bad news for a family bc it means: 1. infidelity which a no no nowadays compared to some practices back then; and 2. more competition for who will inherit the family name and wealth. thats why theres a lot of dramas that feature this "switched at birth, real children are blood children" storylines in dramas in east and southeast asia 😬

This may be a plot point in Chinese dramas, but in real life when this happens often the parents are interested in at least knowing their biological child if not reclaiming them if the child is still a minor.

“Blood is thicker than water” as they say.

Thanks for the update ^^

Dex-chan lover
@chuchuchoerry ah, now that you've mentioned it i do recall su luxia mentioning this in her infodump. many thanks for reminding me! i forget that su luxia is bringing up matters that occur in the original story's "college" years way earlier. that's our su luxia, absolutely thorough and ruthless 🤭

Does anyone have the raws? And I mean another link since the raw link here needs coins & I'm broke af. This cliffhanger is the worst T.T

Aggregator gang
Ummmm.... So just cause she's not her daughter by blood doesn't change the fact that Su Luxia resorted to violence and that there are witnesses.... So how is she going to escape punishment?
I suppose if the mom isn't as forceful, then she might not be expelled, but putting another student in a cast seems bad enough to at least warrant a suspension....

Users who are viewing this thread