Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 8 Ch. 155 - This Concubine's Daughter is Venomous -- Not worthy of wearing red

@Koel wow, tysm for sharing that, I didn't know that but now his reaction is way cuter (there are many details in the language that really adds more deepness to the story). (':

Aggregator gang
Hahahaha giving her makeup tips XD
I'm still really conflicted though.... Our MC can't be Yun Ling's love interest, right!? Please..... Familial love at most!! Let him realize she's his mom and let them share that again or something.....
Thanks for the chapter~

@TheWhiteBook
It's not the translators. The official English name given by the manhua creator is "Cheating Men Must Die." If you look at the Chinese raws, the official English name has been that from early on (like the third arc?).

Thank you to the translators for another chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
I know Yun Ling is gonna scold her, but certainly not how I imagined it lol 🤣🤣 Luxia really raised this child well.

OOOOOooooooHHHHHhhhhh he blushed after hearing Ziyue's name? I hope @Koel 's comment really is the reason why Yun Ling blushed, not because he takes romantic interest in Ziyue. I just want them to be platonic.

“I’ll show the Emperor how Su Ziyue has no filial pity for Grandma!”

Quote: one who poisoned Grandma for an excuse to leave the house and see the Emperor.

Double-page supporter
@Mikasa2077 You're thinking of present day. This is ancient China and the empress dowager was wearing red all the time, not just when she got married. The emperor is literally giving beauty advice, so it's not a metaphor like "standing tall". He's talking about her literal, physical height. If that's not the case, then the dialog was poorly worded and caused this misunderstanding.

Dex-chan lover
I seem to remember that puff ball saying he could be any type of eye candy, why so shy now, huh 😏

@Miranox I get the distinct feeling from the dialogue that while The Emporer in the text has positive intentions (as positive as looking at someone with bad fashion sense and then going hard on em when you're literally the Emporer can be), the author is making fun of Mingyue using those words. As in, the words used were picked because they could also be construed as an insult, which is why the title of the chapter sort of eludes to Mingyue 'not being worthy of red', the choice of words used is supposed to be insulting, but the Emporer isn't insulting her, the Author is.

lmao its like she somehow knew that this mission was coming so thats why she turned him into a beauty guru in the past

@Miranox Ancient China or not, Red is a color that holds special value and since I'm not Chinese I can't elaborate on this other than being the color of bridal wear. Honestly it's not like it's significance popped up suddenly in present day, It has to be something that was followed through generations. For instance, every country has some sort of beliefs regarding the color Red. For emperor apart from it's symbolism it was also worn by his mom, hence he mocks her like @MayhemTrinkets mentioned. Also, maybe Mingyue wasn't literally tall like Su Luxia since she was imitating his mom to earn favor.

The system is very cute as a human. Though I thought he was even cuter in the modern ghost arc. Maybe it's just modern clothes. But still, I wanna adopt him, cute bebe!

Double-page supporter
@Mikasa2077 Traditions are passed through generations, but they can also be fairly recent. For example, the tradition of a bride wearing all white in the West only started around 200 years ago. Even if we assume ancient China had the red dress tradition, that isn't mentioned in this chapter. I read it again and it's clear the emperor isn't mocking her. He is analyzing her style and giving constructive advice. @MayhemTrinkets says this too. Also, this is not the first time I see a story which claims that certain colors are appropriate for certain body types. It's obvious this chapter is just one more example. You could say like @MayhemTrinkets that the author intended to have a double-meaning, but the in-context words of the emperor character are definitely referring to the girl's literal height.

Dex-chan lover
so not only did she make him cross dress she turned him into a beauty guru, his standards must be so hard to pass

Users who are viewing this thread