Dainana Maouji Zilbagias no Maou Keikokuki - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - A Pointer for Destroying the Kingdom

Dex-chan lover
fuck finally I was getting pissed off watching MC piss away his chances to scheme a way to his goal. Bro was actively trying not to learn like wtf man why wouldn't you want to use your enemies knowledge.

Dex-chan lover
I was still thinking that his childhood friend was going to somehow end up being that devil in the cover art but, I’m thinking this manga is not going to let things be that convenient huh?

Dex-chan lover
Exactly, it make perfect sense! Creating a threat or a common enemy is the basic of mob manipulation! History is full of examples and some countries or better say regimes, are still surviving by this crude method! But it's a delicate balance, if you get aggressive you risk a coalition of other countries to destroy you, or your own people get fed up with you and destroy you from within! :salute:
And probably worse than in human history's case, the Demon King believe his kind is hard-coded to start killing each other again once they lose their common enemy.

For human, at least we know there are other way, like colonization and exploitation; we expand for political or economic reason. But the demons are built for war. They don't invade to grow their prosperity or influence (their conquered land are terribly underutilized), but merely to keep their unity.

Dex-chan lover
Took us a really long time, but the waifu's here
Good job, translation team

Group Leader
Thank you for picking this up. Concept/Potential wise this has been one of the most interesting this year.

Dex-chan lover
Making other country as enemies to avoid civil war is actually very reasonable.
I think Civil War is misleading, kinda like calling the Peloponnesian War a civil war. They're independent states/tribes, not part of one nation. And he's trying to enlighten his people on what civilization is by turning them into rubbles, I don't think that's reasonable.

Plus, if we assume that the hero is right, they're slowing down a war they could've won long ago because they're afraid that their own kind will be on each other's throat soon after this.

Dex-chan lover
Plus, if we assume that the hero is right, they're slowing down a war they could've won long ago because they're afraid that their own kind will be on each other's throat soon after this.
The current Demon King is slowing down the invasion because of it. But it’s just delaying the inevitable.

And it also came with its own problem.

Supporter
Wow, this jumped from a 5 to an 8!
I really hope the next chapter is soon,
I am excited for more

Dex-chan lover
I think Civil War is misleading, kinda like calling the Peloponnesian War a civil war. They're independent states/tribes, not part of one nation. And he's trying to enlighten his people on what civilization is by turning them into rubbles, I don't think that's reasonable.
I know. I use civil war term cause I refer to their present situation, not in the past when all of their tribes/ethnics is still divided.

Users who are viewing this thread