Dainana Maouji Zilbagias no Maou Keikokuki - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - A Pointer for Destroying the Kingdom

Dex-chan lover
also, it's interesting that devils and demons are separate races here.
Devils and Demons have always been separate entities. They are both of infernal origins but Devils are lawful evil and Demons are chaotic evil to put it into DnD terminology. Even in religion though they are separate.

Dex-chan lover
Devils and Demons have always been separate entities. They are both of infernal origins but Devils are lawful evil and Demons are chaotic evil to put it into DnD terminology. Even in religion though they are separate.
yeah ik, but most generic fantasy manga usually group them together, which is why I was surprised that this one actually does separate them

Dex-chan lover
I was worried about where they were going with this last chapter, but I'm actually glad to see that having the demon history revealed is just "yeah, they actually are just super warlike for their own good", and not some sob story about how oppressed they were / how humans were the true evil, or whatever.

Not that I don't also like those kinds of stories, but it'd feel kinda goofy to have a manga set up as a "revenge for humans" plotline and then immediately sidetrack it into "well actually I can't do that because the demons aren't the real bad guys here..." or something.

Dex-chan lover
yeah ik, but most generic fantasy manga usually group them together, which is why I was surprised that this one actually does separate them
In web novel at least, the authors seems to have got a consensus about how to use the terms for those 魔 creatures.
魔族 is used to refer to a humanoid species, just like human, elf, dwarf. Translation also seems to settle with "demon".
悪魔 is for creatures from different plane, and translators commonly use "devil".
The fun came when 魔神 got translated as "demon god" because in term of species they're usually closer to devils, but demon god just rolls better off the tongue compared to devil god.
魔獣 usually refers to lower level magical beasts that looks like animals. While 魔物 can be more wide in definition including those weird things such as tentacle monsters.

Although TenSlime also use 魔人 to refer to monsters with human shape (but not referring to a single race).

The magics are more headache inducing as the WN authors don't seem to have anything as guideline (unlike DnD rulebooks who has guide on subtle difference between magician, wizard, sorcerer, warlock, etc).
So good luck with choosing the translation term when stuffs like 魔法, 魔術, 魔導 all got used in a single series.

Aggregator gang
thanks to the TL team so that we can have doses of sofia again

MDC

Dex-chan lover
I was actually hoping for the first demon king to be reasonable, I'm surprised to be so disappointed. Ah well, no need to pity these fuckers then.

I'm actually glad the author went this way, we have a lot of manga's were the demon's are "misunderstood" or just a different side of mankind (something similar to that at the end of the day). While they aren't mindless creatures (having culture and knowledge) they are flawed enough to make you hate them along with the MC.

Dex-chan lover
This manga needs a Frieren. Demons here kill to make sure they are united, and are more of a threat to humanity

Dex-chan lover
💢💢💢 RAPE 💢💢💢
iHugA5.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Humans do the exact same thing. We were all barbarians with the only rule of the strong survive. The first demon lord did exactly what humans have done before.

Dex-chan lover
First demon king is so fucking stupid. He was fed-up with his uncivilized tribe because they were killing each other, and after his long eventful trip, his resolution was to fuck up every other race just so his own would have someone else to fight? I would say how about you educate your retarded brethren, but I guess they wouldn't learn much as he is on the same braincell as them if this is the best he can think of.

Dex-chan lover
First demon king is so fucking stupid. He was fed-up with his uncivilized tribe because they were killing each other, and after his long eventful trip, his resolution was to fuck up every other race just so his own would have someone else to fight? I would say how about you educate your retarded brethren, but I guess they wouldn't learn much as he is on the same braincell as them if this is the best he can think of.
About this, he seems to believe it’s beyond mere stupidity. He believe the tendency for violence and conflict is hardcoded into their being, so it’s not something they can do anything about.

So he choose to direct that aggressive nature to other races instead.

Dex-chan lover
It's so damn good(except mc race discrimination, well most likely that will be fixed latter on) but why it's only 8 chapters till now🥲

Dex-chan lover
finally non sob backstory for the oppressor
usually they just told that human or other race push them to this

Dex-chan lover
It feels like this manga is actually going to go down the "actually kill all the demons" route. It's nice

Im hoping the author actually explores on this complicated issue and challenge the MC’s perspective on demons instead of bland edgy isekai #3859 where the he kills everyone in his path (unless they’re hot lolis/milf then they get turned into s*x slaves). We already have redo of healer no need for another.

Fed-Kun's army
Lmao, funny how the first demon king think is very much like how human would think.

Users who are viewing this thread