Dame Skill [Auto Mode] ga Kakuseishimashita ~Are, Guild no Scout-san, Ore wo "Iranai"-tte Itte Masendeshita?~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Shinonome Deep Mounta…

Dex-chan lover
mc is so insignificant
proceed by going out of the way into remote area, move most of his resource to distract him and then finally using the elite fighter to do crap
so... insignificant

there IS a reason why his auto mode didn't bring a light to the collection point. welp, he can just immediately use auto return but I'm worried about his partner though he might be in grave danger to keep stubbornly follow our MC
I think it's similar to speedrunning. In speedrunning I think there are what's called "blind segments" where you can't see anything (or can't see much) and that is probably what's going on. Because getting a light and then using it wastes too much time (see Dragon Quest speedruns that don't use torches).

I don't think auto mode is allowed to use a possessed item that isn't equipped.
Auto mode will acquire items and then use them, I think we've seen that before.

welp, he can just immediately use auto return but I'm worried about his partner though he might be in grave danger to keep stubbornly follow our MC
Wrong. This is one of the only things I like of this worldbuilding, the MC explain (to himself, as we know a common occurrence for him) that there is a cooldown time of 1 minute to skills (page 18-19 of chapter 8). From the wording it seems to be not unique for his skill, but shared by any skills.
So no, he could not use the auto return function immediately, but still operating in a party just is an hindrance to his skills. Was he smart he would increase his agility/camuflage/resistance or whatever he could to be able to stall for the cooldown timer. But he clearly is not.

Okay, some one tell me if this band of dirtbags at the very least get some bad rep for this? Because, seriously, you can't go and destroy that many low-level dungeons and expect the locals to be happy about suddenly losing all those resources.

Hell, I'd even go as far as to say that destroying a dungeon in this should be something that's frowned upon. Sure, you get a nice drop for beating the dungeon, but you just fucked over everyone else behind you who are just trying to get by.
A box in chapter 8, page 16 says that while purified dungeons disappear "for a while", but they naturally respawn as the miasma build up. So doing that would not kill the local economy.

About it being a clear obstruction of the exam, with them even proudly saying it in a place full of others adventurers (of which many probably were going to take part in such exam), that should have definitely make an hit in their reputation imho. But I guess that manga logic just handwaves it away.

page 3: "Wow, we know the whole list of items this person we are specifically targetting need, and we have blocked almost all places were he could get those. What do you say boss, should we go and block another place, so that he has absolutely no way to reach the requirement of 3 items?"

I guess the mountain could not be ""defeated"" in the same way as the other dungeon could, because it is a place and the item needed aren't dropped by monsters but instead gathered (even thought the other locations for the Krummel fruit were subjugated?), and that is why the weather gal is there to disrupt the chances for him, but why not go the extra step and subjugate the place for Salazar's hairpin? Was that place in their newbie's list too? Then make her subjugate that dungeon, or just do it after she got what she wanted.

Unrelated by that, what was blocking participants to just buy those items? Yes, the guild hold the first buy on that, but from previous discussion it seems that they only buy the prime materials, and retails is handled by others. Other than that, there doesn't seems to be anything to stop adventurers to sell their loot independently (which is what MC should have done already for his more rare items, like mandragola and the soul stone)

In another point, had the leader of the clan already dispatched members in ANY dungeon in the area around the town? Because he didn't got the exact list until the exam started, and the auto travel has always seem to be faster than normal travel. I guess it still make sense, since they aren't specifically targetting MC, but every participant. Though they still need to have started after the handle of the list, as they probably didn't went to subjugate the place where their newbie needed to do her task. Some sort of long-distance comunication maybe?

Dex-chan lover
A box in chapter 8, page 16 says that while purified dungeons disappear "for a while", but they naturally respawn as the miasma build up. So doing that would not kill the local economy.

About it being a clear obstruction of the exam, with them even proudly saying it in a place full of others adventurers (of which many probably were going to take part in such exam), that should have definitely make an hit in their reputation imho. But I guess that manga logic just handwaves it away.
Even so, that's gotta hurt the local economy, because I can't imagine it taking anything less than a month for a dungeon to regenerate.

Dex-chan lover
the manga chapter raws and this are differently numbered, not sure why but it's about 2 chapters off
Reason why they are off, is because Volume and magapoke have different numbering, this is due to the volume merging some of the chapters, and since the very first group that started translating this used volume raws it ended this way, so whoever pick it, gotta follow that lol

Magapoke chapter 1 and 2, in the volume is chapter 1, chapter 5 and 6 in the volume is chapter 4, and chapter 7 and 8, in the volume is chapter 5, so yeah

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't there a 1 minute wait before every Auto skills, which is why it's not spammable?

Users who are viewing this thread