Dou ka Ore wo Houtte Oitekure - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - A Loner Can't Make Friends Even After Going Back, Right?

Dex-chan lover
It's more remarkable to not have a single friend in high school than to have many. But then again, this chapter did explain in great detail that, ultimately, the dude didn't even want friends because he considered them a bother, after briefly trying it. So, it's not exactly a regret for him. He might have noted three years of high school without any memorable events is disappointing, but at the end of the day, that was purely his own choice. I'm not talking about girlfriends, obviously a great deal if not the majority of students don't find a significant other, but ordinary friends and spending some of the free time with those friends is a different matter.

Group Leader
I'm glad this turned out not to be an isekai, but a creative kind of Groundhog Day instead.

Also, the truck horn blasting was translated as "lights up" lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
the most boring first chapter ever. 23 pages of internal dialogue for the worst exposition before anything even happens. If there had only been one chapter out so far I would’ve dropped this in a heartbeat.

Dex-chan lover
I'll be honest, a pathetic loser choosing to remain a pathetic loser even after a miraculous Groundhog Day-esque time loop is extremely believable. People don't change that easily, especially when their pathetic loser-ness was entirely a choice they made. Props to the author for making something so completely realistic.

With that said, I'm utterly disinterested in reading past chapter one. I just can't muster up any sympathy for a main character who gets a second chance and willfully chooses unhappiness.

Dex-chan lover
I experienced the exact same thing this MC did in high school. Only... I never got isekai or time travel backwards.

I still feel MC is probably just in a coma though and dreaming all this. :meguu:

Also. With such a cute loli little sister and yet he never tried hanging out with her or have her introduce friends to him? :facepalm:

Double-page supporter
i gotta say the introduction is quite boring, but the execution of time travel trope is alright, so i'm willing to give it a shot

Dex-chan lover
Nop to be honest I am not in a mood for this yet, see ya in maybe weeks, months, year....!?
It's doesn't seem bad, and it's something new too but nope not yet🙃

Dex-chan lover
MC is relatable, I think a lot of people would conduct themselves the way they usually do if they went back in time. I also understand the desire to give up on making friends when your own personality gets in the way. Unless you find the right group with similar hobbies, it is really hard to connect with people, especially for loners. Mastering the ability to recognize it is somewhat pointless to stick around and act like the acquaintances youve made arent friends and its probably better to just leave is the hallmark of a true loner. This wasnt a great first chapter but I understand MC on a spiritual level.

Dex-chan lover
Now that people told me ln version of this series has been axed, I start to have a very strange feeling when rereading this. :huh:

Dex-chan lover
Now that people told me ln version of this series has been axed, I start to have a very strange feeling when rereading this. :huh:

Wait, it was axed? We are still getting new chapters.
Also... I am rereading too and this chapter is really important to the people understand that the MC DON'T want to be alone, he says it but it contradicts everything he really seems to think.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, it was axed? We are still getting new chapters.
Also... I am rereading too and this chapter is really important to the people understand that the MC DON'T want to be alone, he says it but it contradicts everything he really seems to think.
Maybe people on the internet lie to me and I am not bother enough to check. :wtf:

Users who are viewing this thread