Dou ka Ore wo Houtte Oitekure - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - There Are Only So Many Solutions a Loner Can Think of, Right?

Dex-chan lover
There's really no point in discussing the direction this manga is heading into. Ever since the source material got discontinued. Fuck the publishers who still decided to make a manga adaptation of an axed series.
The publishers thought they could sell some oregairu ripoff and make tons of money.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure why several posts think this chapter was nothing when so much characterization occurred. It was quite a bit. Yes, he repeated his stance toward loner-ism, but now we know he sees it as the LOGICAL thing, and that he can't come up with a better option. He's doing what he sees best, in a way that let's him both be sacrificial and lazy, so it's both bad and good. It's both easy and hard. To me, this gave some more detail to his stance, even if it didn't change it.

Now if you find that something you can empathize with is different. That said, a lot of people suffer when it's 'easy' to do so, because doing anything other than suffering seems insurmountable. Honestly, MC just needs to take some meds for his depression, roflmao.
Nah, MC is just being an unreliable narrator.

This is actually really good writing. Mc is someone who, after trying, spent 3 years alone, doing nothing. No matter what happens, that's not something you can change with just a few weeks or months of exposure. It's something he has to work on, and something he clearly is changing, seeing how he reacted to the pres' response. The story is very clearly showing that even if he does try, it still takes baby steps to get out of your comfort zone. His loner talk is just his self-defense mechanism, and something he has had to rely on for 3 years. No one can just move on.

Also, he's a teenager, give him a break.

Contributor
His constant copium huffing about how he's a loner and how it's fine to be a loner is starting to get annoying for me, TBH. Just a reminder that he was never a loner to begin with, just see chapter 1. If he had been a loner from the start I'd give him a pass, but he just isn't.

You tell him, girl. He needs a reality check that he's actually lonely and wants friends. Mashiro did well cracking his flimsy copium shell with "I hate this" but in the end he ran away and so someone needs to continue the work of getting his eyes to open.

Dex-chan lover
Is it really so bad that some people like to be alone?
No, but it is when the said person don't like to be alone but because of several issues create a barrier. I am not saying he is a bad person, just that based on what he says this is not what he wants.

its so painful reading with the absolute relatibility of the whole "taking away from friends" schtick

Dex-chan lover
I hope people reading this chapter get that the character don't choose to be a loner or even like it.
Saying "I almost forgot I am a loner" don't sound like he likes to be a loner.

Y’all may act like this is trash, but in the end 102 comments last chapter and 87 in this one says otherwise(compared to other actual bad stuf)

Users who are viewing this thread