Doumo, Yuusha no Chichi desu. 〜Kono Tabi wa Gusoku ga Gomeiwaku wo Kakete, Moushiwake Arimasen〜 - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Eh, I still hold my ground about the parents also at fault. They knew he disliked fighting, yet sent him away as a kid to fight the biggest bad out there. If they can beat him up, that means they are stronger than the Hero, which makes the Hero pointless and brings up the question why wouldn't the dad and mom defeat the DK then. I know it's the fault of the structure, but this is just bad writing when you corner yourself and will be only come up with shitty solutions.
TpMlREq.png

G3K9LKs.png

Yep, they sure did send him away to take care of something they could've done themselves. Perhaps you should go back and re-read the beginning of the story instead of blindly trying to shift the blame.

Dex-chan lover
Ohh so the "good son" went without his parents and the influence of higher nobles, possibly Demon King Spies, corrupted him into someone who would never fulfill his duties so the takeover would be assured....that's actually a pretty effective tactic. If you can't beat someone directly just make it so they won't fight.
Make love not war. If you can’t kill him, fuck him:finnawoke::meguupog::smugchisato:

Dex-chan lover
TpMlREq.png

G3K9LKs.png

Yep, they sure did send him away to take care of something they could've done themselves. Perhaps you should go back and re-read the beginning of the story instead of blindly trying to shift the blame.
err your image states that he was the only one who can kill the DK and the parents did not force him to fight and let him avoid fighting cause that was his desire. why are you saying that they sent him to do something they could do when your image states the opposite?

Aggregator gang
err your image states that he was the only one who can kill the DK and the parents did not force him to fight and let him avoid fighting cause that was his desire. why are you saying that they sent him to do something they could do when your image states the opposite?
That's not the same person as the one that made that comment, compare the usernames.

Eh, I still hold my ground about the parents also at fault. They knew he disliked fighting, yet sent him away as a kid to fight the biggest bad out there. If they can beat him up, that means they are stronger than the Hero, which makes the Hero pointless and brings up the question why wouldn't the dad and mom defeat the DK then. I know it's the fault of the structure, but this is just bad writing when you corner yourself and will be only come up with shitty solutions.
I think they did say it though that even though they have the strength, the "Power" of the Hero is the only thing they can kill the Demon King. And they didn't force their kid, the parents did say that they will respect their kid's decision and the kid decided to go and be the Hero.

While it could be said that being a hero is someone should fill to save the world to nudge the decision, they didn't force it to the kid. It's like medicine, a kid could recover on its own but taking medicine can make it faster even though it doesn't taste good at times.

Dex-chan lover
The whole premise of needing a Chosen One to fight the big bad is less than perfect. The main reason it keeps being used, is because they can bring specific kind of people to the forefront without too much hassle.
And the only way for it to work out, is for whoever chose the Chosen One to make a solid choice. To choose a person who can withstand the dangers and temptations of his or her journey. Perhaps send him good companions too.
I mean, it makes sense that a teenage princess doing a hero summoning ritual chooses a cute boy over people who are stronger (I'm thinking of Dog Days anime), but for typical Chosen One situation, it is expected that gods who choose them are at least wise and capable of seeing a person's character and potential.
So at this point, there are only two ways to save the concept: either declare that the knights relaying the saint's prophesy have made a mistake (maybe the childhood friend heroine is the one who will actually slay the demon lord), or for the son to straighten up and find his own way out of the web he's ensnared in.

Dex-chan lover
That's not the same person as the one that made that comment, compare the usernames.
im aware it's a different person. i was commenting on this part of what they said:
"Yep, they sure did send him away to take care of something they could've done themselves."

Dex-chan lover
TpMlREq.png

G3K9LKs.png

In fairness, for such a simple story, they talk A LOT. The partial chapters aren't helping. I'm having trouble keeping track of everything myself, and I'm the one doing the series now. This is among the more dialogue-heavy series I've done.

Users who are viewing this thread