Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 10 Ch. 65 - Rabbit, Part II

Thanks for the chapter!

@Willieddd in the previous comments someone animated a bunny :D

Oh shit, I reread chapter 62 and it's so obvious now whats going on! I can't believe I didn't see it then 😲😱😱

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation!

Cockatrices, griffins, dragons and a kraken couldn't kill a single member of the party, but somehow rabbits with dagger ankles almost wiped them out... moral of the story: protect ya neck.

I don't got much to say like previous chapters but this is definitely one of my favorites. Seeing Marcille deal with the corpses of the rest of the party was dreadful, more so when we see that experience brewing into possibly making a pact with the Winged Lion for immortality, just like Thistle did a thousand years ago... except it's not just a single kingdom, but the whole world. I hope Laius wise up to this plot before shit hits the fan.

P.S.: Interesting to note that this might be Senshi's first time being revived, and since he has expressed his disapproval for ressurrection magic before, I was hoping to see more of a reaction from him, but I guess the mood wasn't right to complain.

Group Leader
The author's really laying on thick that the lion is a demon. Makes me wonder if it's a red herring.

Damn though, this was a shockingly emotional chapter. Good on you, author. Good on you for always making me care.

Group Leader
That was both hilarious and horrifying, not to mention extremely compelling in setting up new plot points.

Also, terrified Izutsumi is super cute???

Fed-Kun's army
remember when this is just a gag manga about eating monster meals in a dungeon?

Marcille's long life spans means she will out live all her friends. That is kinda sad.

Dex-chan lover
@goldenzeal : From previous chapters... The Lion is a demon who runs this dungeon. Every dungeon has its own demon for example like Captain Misurn's case the demon is a goat.

Ancient elf/people did a taboo magic about using infinite energy from the other side but the downside is demons can enter into the human world. So that's why they invented dungeon mechanism to trap the demon from escaping to the world and elves always inspecting every dungeon.

Terrified Izutsumi is weirdly adorable in this chapter, she just like a kitty sitting on a tree, and the way Marcille talk to Izutsumi too.

Also, that's lion look sinister af, I thought he's diffirent because he lived with human for a long time, but demon is still demon I guess.

Dex-chan lover
@Syanindita

i know the lion is most likely a demon from how he acts....
But what i was trying to point out was the possibility that its not the only one in the dungeon.

As far as i remember there was never any confirmation that the lion was the one ruling the dungeon or even called a demon.
He himself called himself power granted to the ruler of the dungeon back in chapter 60.
But the people in the dungeon calls it "the guardian spirit" or something along those lines, no one ever called the lion itself a demon as fas as i remember.

It might be possible that there are multiple demons in the dungeon.
It was the fuckery of Sissel that made the country fall into the dungeon in the first place iirc.
This alongside the artwork of the lion made by the people seen around the dungeon suggests the possibility the lion was important to the pople before it became a part of the dungeon.

This would mean that the lion might not be the original demon locked up in the dungeon.
Ofc thats all dependent on the fact that the dungeon was around before Sissel and that he did not create the dungeon from zero....
But again it was just a theory.

okay now that was pretty depressing and foreshadowing. this manga is so good

wow that was some mood whiplash
dying of laughter until the lion part and my heart dropped

Well there it is. The Lion tips his hand. Laius's desire was too mundane and too hard to twist because fundamentally what he wants isn't power or a wish to change the world but to make sure he and those around him live honest but happy lives of prosperity. Marcille's wish isn't as innocent and requires fundamentally rewriting the nature of the world.

Remember this is a story of adventurers feeding on monsters but monsters feed on adventurers right back. The Demon feeds on people's desires. The Stronger the desire and the harder it is to fulfill that desire, the more your desire feeds the demon which gives them power to enact their wills in this world. The Goat got a great meal, the Lion planned to use Laius's relatively weaker desire to remake itself, but Marcille presented the biggest meal he could have hoped for and an excellent chance to subvert such a wish.

But who knows. The Jovial personality is already weird but after that face its gonna raise the hair on the back of my neck every time I see it.

Fed-Kun's army
Tbh it's much more likely that instead of making every race's life span short the demon would make all of them obnoxiously long so that everyone would turn into stuck-up, desensitized assholes who'd eventually become sociopathic and then turn into lifeless husks like the spirits of the dead guys at the table. Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear.

Dex-chan lover
page 4 : bone claws , so they are rabbit wolverine / logan / James Howlett / weapon x , lol .

page 12 : i knew that absorbing the mana from the book will have consequences . i said this in the comment section of chapter 64 : "her staff is absorbing a lot of evil , wicked mana , this is bad omen for the next chapters ." https://mangadex.org/thread/250262/8

page 14 , marcille : im already a criminal because of the black magic , so i might as well commit a few more crimes , lol : necromancy , animal-abusing the rabbits , and m0lesting / touching the sh0ta , the cat girl , the ......

cover page :

- marcille has strings attached to her limbs , like a puppet .

- and there is a headless , skinned rabbit ?

- actually , i want to see marcille in this kind of bunny costume , lol :

51XDpZrWsJL._AC_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread