Elf Deck To Senjou Gurashi

Fed-Kun's army
I have a very special card and I guess its time for me to show my huge deck. *unzips*

Group Leader
12 chapters is "canceled but the publisher allowed us to have an ending" completed.

This is tonally all over the place. The world setup makes it hard to take seriously but then theres rape and murder everywhere. It just feels pretty off in general.

Dex-chan lover
@zvtqn
It went through 3 volumes so at least there is a while before it ends.

If it was really axed, then it's too bad. Dungeon Nursery was the same way. It ended so soon that it looked axed but at least the author was able to publish an ending.

LOL MTG reference. if thats it ill play purely for fun and will choose a blue control deck. or a deck like Animator. 1st turn big big big monster asap.or in control blue, just play Propaganda from blue and then Winter Orb. but just make sure there is a creature that can damage without attacking in play already, and its done. just counter every spell he cast. oh and have lots of mana and capsize in hand and spare mana for buyback for winterorb. or in Animator just go for black mana then dark ritual for 3more black mana then ENTOMB for search for a card in your library put into graveyard (blazing Archon a creature form white which cost 9mana that is 5/6 flying and has ability which is creature cannot atack you., or IONA shield of emeria cost 9mana also and is 7/7 flying and with ability which is you choose a color and that color cannot be casted anymore) then cast Exhume for 2 black mana that does, each player put a creature card from their graveyard into play. choose from that.

Double-page supporter
Very interesting theme but the translations...I appreciate the work that goes into them but if something like Draw or Milord is implied don't write do rou and mai roudo or something weird like that

Him/her being futa is completely unexploited... Even tho it's in the title ! Missed oportunity

Isekai'd as a futanari elf planeswalker. This mangaka knows the predilections of today's Magic The Gathering community better than anyone.

Fed-Kun's army
Again, I keep finding myself flip-flopping on my thoughts on this. On one hand, this is clearly a huge tribute to Magic the Gathering, with the manga practically telling readers to use the normal MtG rules to fill in the gaps it leaves out. Almost everything from the names to the card designs themselves is blatantly referencing the game. It feels like this should be what log Horizon is to MMO's, with as much care and detail put into the combats to make logical sense.

Yet as each new chapter involving combat drops, things just feel off. The author really hasn't shown much if any differences between the card game and the world the MC appeared in. As such the readers come to the same conclusion the MC does, everything about the world works exactly the same as the MtG card game. Only that isn't true. Card mechanics feel a bit poorly defined at times, and certain abilities flat out shouldn't work that way according to the card game. There's no comment from the MC about multiplayer rules or Range of Influence. Heck, there was barely a mention of how they lost the first time to something that looked like combat damage when they should have been unable to get into combat.

And don't even get me started on how pointless the numbers are. Both a white deck and a green elf deck would flat-out chuckle upon seeing the opposition being a 67/1 Ork without trample. A 1/1 could kill him, which is absurdly cheap from decks who can generate huge numbers of them from tokens or cheap cards. Also, those numbers are way too huge, even for crazy elf decks or mono-red agro decks. My own mono-green elf deck (which may have resulted in a lot of my high-school classmates hating my guts) would swing with a handful of 20/20 elves (or forests, cause attacking with a bunch of lands is hilarious and somehow practical) at it's most crazy; usually I'd get a win before having anything bigger than an 11/12. I think I once had a 44/45 or something that crazy for a two-headed giant, but that was more for the meme than anything practical.

Overall I really enjoy the concept of this manga, I just find find myself torn by how closely the mechanics mimic MtG, without having combat scenes that make sense from a MtG perspective. I'd give this a pass if the author's point was that this world doesn't perfectly mimic the game rules, but so far that doesn't seem to be a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread