For Certain Reasons, the Villainess Noble Lady Will Live Her Post-Engagement Annulment Life Freely - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
@greyhud90 Sometimes knowledge is a curse. I can't bring myself to continue reading a really popular manga just because the science behind a power they tried to explain was such utter bullshit that I nearly puked. It even got an anime and my friends all like it...but I still can't bring myself to watch it. They should've just left it as magic without trying to explain it with science. Plotholes ruin a story, but only if you notice them. They're usually not important to the development of the story so they exist sometimes because of a lack of attention from the author, these plotholes, but even a minor one can ruin your immersion...something that should've been easy to ignore. That is the curse of being a science student. lol

So try not to think too hard, once you've latched on to a plothole you'll start ridiculing this manga in your head and stop reading it even if you liked it previously.

Dex-chan lover
I knew it, we have to put people on fire.

Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
1. Inject them with disinfectants.
2. Boil their blood with magic.
lol I think the germs will die. So will the patients.

Contributor
Use water magic to turn sunlight into a laser and precision burn the bacteria through the pores in the skin.

Dex-chan lover
It's simple, just explain to the head magician:The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell and everything will work out :V

Dex-chan lover
@saifors
She could explain that liquids are made of small particles and use water with salt or sugar to demonstrate it.
Would take a few hours at most to prove too.

The Black Death was never call the "Black Death". It was the Blue Death because of the blue lumps that showed up on the victims bodies.

So... She's gonna UV the bacteria while introducing DNA damage to normal cells? I hope not. UV doesn't even work well in a BSC.

I agree working in science kinda ruins mangas, but there was a manga that the protagonist used magic targeting biomarkers in cancer cells in her patient. At least that's more reasonable. Relying on UV might teach readers the wrong things :( I hope I am wrong.

Dex-chan lover
This is getting really goofy. She just scoops out septic blood in clumps?

@ShinGetsu

Penicillin is the first known antibacterial, but unfortunately it can do very little against plague bacteria. . . other antibiotic strains suitable for the family Enterobacteriaceae would be needed. The best cure would be to synthesize streptomycin from actinobacterial cultures, followed by a narrow turn of the wheel by a restoration of bacteria for intestinal flora. . .

I mean, it's not that much of a health walk without the right tools and knowledge.

For the medical knowledge and the means they have (since despite the nineteenth-century clothes seem to have a medieval culture) the only salvation is "escapes from haunted places, washes and disinfects everything, does not eat anything raw and hopes to God not to be infected. And if you're infected, hope to be one of the very few lucky ones who can fight the bacteria naturally. Otherwise we'll see you at the next reincarnation, if you believe (lol)"

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia if the marriage had been annulled WAAAAAAY back in the beginning, like she had been planning for it to be, then alot of what has happened from the background and shady deals wouldn't have happened because the nobles behind the civil war would have switched gears in their plans. This was explained already in several different chapters in conversations between her and the second prince. Plus this is her third attempt to annul the marriage and while i agree she did do it a roundabout way the first time, the second time she fucking explained to the king about the civil war and everything. he could have annulled the marriage then but didnt and now its far too late for the nobles to switch gears. At this point shes getting him to annul the marriage purely to set herself free.

@cheesycake “ a manga that the protagonist used magic targeting biomarkers in cancer cells in her patient”
Could you pls share the title of this manga??

Dex-chan lover
With regards to making Penicillin, I stumbled across this stack exchange answer earlier today. Making Penicillin from scratch is difficult, even with the full suite of modern techniques, lab materials, and reference books.

https://worldbuilding.stackexchange.com/questions/13493/will-this-approach-work-for-a-time-traveler-to-recreate-penicillin/23908#2

Users who are viewing this thread