Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Sacrifice the Plum Tree to Preserve the Peach Tree

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia This is why real life air force state a penalty/punishment for doing so.
Well, every law works like that to be honest, so I don't know why would anyone phrase it like in this manga.

Dex-chan lover
Carmine has the good sense to surrender when his AAs are down, unlike those stinkin rebel nobles lol. Bet they’ve never seen human bolognaise

Fed-Kun's army
Looking at that little carriage being carried by the flying dragon, ignoring that their wings arent big enough to lift even themselves, I wonder how turbulent would be the flight if even one of the dragons dont synchronize their wing beats with the others...

Dex-chan lover
I honestly detest the civil war ark, it's so poor I stopped reading the novel, and the only saving grace for the manga is that it's only a few chapters long. I'll give it that it's a dramatic story, but it's absurd nonetheless. Castor was stupid, Carmine is stupid, they're all idiots not worthy of being generals! Like it was even pointed out the Castor is being an idiot, his daughter is clearly being a dumbass and Carmine's reason for this whole war is just absurd, not even honor or something, just causing pain and suffering to the people.
So yeah, a great story ruined by an impossible ark. And they even pretended to have a reason...

Dex-chan lover
@WillTell
Because of what happened in the last time line, you can say it's sad and dumb, but it was definitely useful.
And if you have a better plan gather all these influential and selfish cowards to quickly dispose of them with the first priority least amount of damage, I honestly listening.

Dex-chan lover
@Seink Come on, don't ask logical question like that. You know that world has magic so the answer to your question is MAGIC.

Dex-chan lover
@WillTell
wait, I thought the point of all this was
with the queen's magic to see the future they found they needed to gather up all opposition to Soma and have him defeat them in a showy way to consolidate power under him.
I'm pretty sure the point wasn't just to cause pain and suffering.

@Meridis that's also one of the reason, i think it mostly because
They asked for his help, someone from Another World and he really did his best to do it. But one of the future that the queen sees is Souma dying or him went missing with the princess. Their fate were unknown.
and all of that was because
The rotten nobles.
Which was why the king decided to wed his daughter with Souma early and then giving his throne to him.
That lion Duke
he knows their plan which was why he follow along.

>people complain about General being dumb
>people complain about realism
>complain about how stupid the politic is
In a world where Don*** fu***** Trum* is a president.

Dex-chan lover
@Eviltwinq I don't know if they read this series, but I guarantee you there are a lot of people on this site that wouldn't see the irony.

Reading some of the spoiler tags, this arch makes a whole lot more sense and now it annoys me we didnt even get any foreshadowing. On another note, anyone complaining this has gotten ridiculous was clearly not paying attention. Even at the start the MC knew a stupid amount of knowledge no normal person would know all together without being specialized in a field. This whole series has been absurd from the beginning but I enjoy it nonetheless c:

Double-page supporter
This was about as as stupid as I expected. Talk about contrived and nonsensical writing.

Dex-chan lover
One of the reasons is that, as influential nobles, he needed a good, solid proof of their misdeeds before executing them. Like them openly joining a rebellion, for example.

Dex-chan lover
Cringed, and already figured it when he declared the hostility.

Castor and Carla were not being dumb. This is a world of magic. They legitimately thought the king had been usurped and magically compelled to give away his kingdom. I think it's a pretty reasonable conclusion for someone to come to when a new guy shows up and within a few hours the old king resigns and names the new guy king, and gives his daughter over to him.

Castor and Carla were being loyal to their nation believing Souma was an usurper. Under the circumstances, I think it's fair to say Excell was being way too trusting of Souma.

There's also a lot of historical precedent where former enemies pledge allegiance to the monarch they just fought against and become valuable allies. Souma would do well to heed Licia's words and allow Castor and Carla to prove they can be loyal to him, because they can be true allies. They've already shown they can accept Souma as long as he really is working for the nation's best interest.

It's too bad Carla just becomes a vehicle for ecchi jokes from now on. I understand Souma can't let her off with no punishment, but the way he allows her to be treated as a joke and toy by the head maid makes me lose respect for him.

Users who are viewing this thread