Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - Decisive Battle (2)

"We'll make him smile". Just give the guy a good 'ol bj and i'm sure he'll be in seventh heaven.

Dex-chan lover
Considering dropping this. I was hoping for more country building and civil works, but these wars are dragging on. Does anyone know if they last much longer?

the war should end in 2-3 chapters. I remember reading the LN and the war is pretty much almost over.

Double-page supporter
If he lets that guy escape, then our MC deserves to have his head on a spike. The most obvious thing in a situation like that is to have a troop behind the enemy waiting for those people, who are obviously going to try to escape.

Venomous, not poisonous. Unless they want the snake to enact its vengeance after being eaten.

Aggregator gang
@raidanzoup
b18c35d65ea184ee9003acba962363b8.jpg

Dex-chan lover
So... Dude wants his heir to be a spiteful bastard whose driving force is revenge on the kingdom while also acknowledging that his burning desire for revenge on the kingdom is what fucked them over. Good thing dude's about to get dead, because he's dumb as a box of rocks.

Dex-chan lover
This guy dumb af for a leader. And if his son and daughter have any sense they would try to not follow his footsteps.

Dex-chan lover
so we have a new arc in the works, likely a new heroine joining our band and a new bigger enemy around the corner. that Empire must be pretty dumb if they would actually support another war, but this is that kind of manga. also, those "let's make him smile again" felt to me like the cliche "let's marry after i return from war" for some reasons. xd

Dex-chan lover
@larcek: Well, I imagine the whole world situation very advantageous and profitable for those in charge of the empire, even though their world gets invaded. They send their own dumb grunts and criminals into death (but not too much), while they demand stuff to fuel their own military power from other countries, who happens to have to shut the f*ck up. Of course the use those resources not only on their military, but also on the economy (actually a good thing in war, but also for afterwards (not that they want a afterward, as that war is too profitable)) and their own personal gains (embezzlement). And who should challenge them? They are the strongest and "justice". If you turn against them, they have to fight you, as you pose danger to the survival of mankind (and those other people, too).

Oh, but MC's country isn't part of the alliance (if memory serves me right). An unallied country that stands strong and even grows its economic and military strength. They have to find a way to stomp out that danger to their nice way of life. There will be war. And this time it has a solid reason backing it.

It's kinda funny how it looks to be quite similar to our situation of global warming and countries/mega-concerns trying to use it to there advantage. Who's the one who has to cut one's economy/economic growth the least and survives as the top dog in the aftermath. Sometimes it really looks this way. The world "ending" and those fuckers, who celebrate it.

Back on the topic: So that's the difference between poisonous and venomous! The more you know.

Also I don't believe that war arc to be too long. It seems to be just right. Lucky me, it fits my taste. But I'm also here for the kingdom building and not some interpersonal shit of aristocrats, so on with the growth of the state!

Dex-chan lover
@Siikalahna
They purposely refrained from surrounding the Amidonian army so as to avoid fighting desperate troops. They want the Amidonians to break and just run away instead of fighting to the last man.

The prince just has to melt into the fleeing crowd, and he'll have a chance.

@larcek
The Empire has to defend the territorial integrity of the members of its alliance, or there is no alliance. They don't have to like it, and they'll probably want to find some way to punish Amidonia for trying to game the system, but it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread