Girlfriend, Girlfriend - Vol. 16 Ch. 144 - Girlfriend, Girlfriend

Aggregator gang
I miss Hiroyuki's absurd storytelling just like the first chapters. Too many dramas made this manga became a kind of losing the point.

I kinda expecting Naoya will become Prime Minister and allowing polygamy. But, this ending is much more acceptable because the publisher and the magazine are one of the biggest manga publisher. There is a line that prohibited for crossing.

Thanks for the work, Hiroyuki. Hope our local publisher will licensing this series. And we will waiting your next story.

Fed-Kun's army
That scene where Naoya explains why he admires Saki is legitimately good. Sure would've been nice if we got more of that instead of three extra girls

Dex-chan lover
Was that Naoya's parents at the end? I forgot. Where were they even?

Oh man. I've been reading this for four years and it's sad to see it go. Sadly, I wanted to see more of the harem happening and possibly more Shino moments. It feels like we jumped from one drama to another you know? Can he make some bonus chapters because the ending is not that fulfilling. This was still a fun ride though and I'll miss it. The art improved so much! Thank you for translating this manga.

Group Leader
Thanks for the hard work, guys.

I'm glad the Mirika arc is finally over, but sad that this is the end.

This manga started really funny, competent in its comedy and the absurd premise was the exact type of nonsensical stuff I was looking for when I started reading it, and it remained strong for the vast majority of tis run.

But goddammit, the ending sucks! The Mirika drama took way too long and prevented us from having the harem shenanigans this manga was good for, not to mention it prevented the subplot with Nagisa's mother to have any chance of developing in these final chapters.

In Brazil we say someone "sawm, swam, but died on the beach" and I think it sums up this manga perfectly. It was going strong until it decided to enter its final chapters, where it died on the beach.

Contributor
It's over. The final arc really felt was really drawn out (10 chapters for one arc? phew...), and Hiroyuki probably narrowly avoided writing himself into a corner and decided to end it before he really did. That said, this was a wild and funny ride most of the time. Saki still my favorite girl out of all of them.

Shame we didn't get the reactions of the other parents or the class about the harem's final form, could've been worth a few more laughs. Or heck, a crazy time skip epilogue with one of them becoming prime minister and making poly legal. Well, it was fun at least. Time to set this to Completed and move on to other manga.

Dex-chan lover
Whats the deal with japanese and their innate talent of making bad endings? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad everything ended on a good note and everybody is happy in the harem ending (my favorite kind of ending), but I dunno man, the last few arcs were annoying as crap and the ending left a bad taste on my mouth because I feel like now that everyone was finally together they could do so much more and maybe end with a time skip showing their future.

Last edited:
Abrupt ending but it’s funny. Wonder if the dad knows that his girlfriend is milika (yes he stated that he’s her fan)

It's over. The final arc really felt was really drawn out (10 chapters for one arc? phew...), and Hiroyuki probably narrowly avoided writing himself into a corner and decided to end it before he really did. That said, this was a wild and funny ride most of the time. Saki still my favorite girl out of all of them.

Shame we didn't get the reactions of the other parents or the class about the harem's final form, could've been worth a few more laughs. Or heck, a crazy time skip epilogue with one of them becoming prime minister and making poly legal. Well, it was fun at least. Time to set this to Completed and move on to other manga.
He needs a break

And ggs, so sad that its over.... ut if the author was calling finishing the serialization "Prision time" probably was being quite hard on him.... we can judt hope for a continuation that will never happen XX

I just wanted some more dating arc with those dorks
Genie i wish you free.

The ending is pretty much “Our journey has just began.”
There’s even a sunset to run towards...

I wonder if the author didn’t enjoy writing this work at the end. Well it was mostly fun while it lasted.
He was exhausted.

I'll miss this & these dorks. I hope the volume will have an extra chapter somewhere to show what they are doing or even a time skip with kids. It was a fun ride so thanks for translating this until the end.
He will do an epilogue at some point I guarantee it.

Aggregator gang
This is one of my favorite animes/ mangas since I got into this stuff but tbh the ending sucked ass in comparison to what it could've been.

Users who are viewing this thread