Goshujin-sama to Yuku Isekai Survival! - Vol. 7 Ch. 37

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation, rough and hard to read as it was!
And, you made GDS upload their chapter here and not holding it in as they often did!
:thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
A3VxLEB.png
To be fair, as a non-native english speaker, as someone else mentioned, I could understand a lot of it even if it was a chore.
a lot of this could be fixed if someone did some proofreading.

what people favor MTL for in manga is over oficial translations.
fan translations are usually made by either fans, or someone that wishes to share the work.
oficial ones nowadays are visibly more interested into changing the story, even the meaning of conversations, to fit their own worldviews.

at least MTLs just need some interpretation, while oficial ones are the SFW version of... I think it was olddog51? for adult stories. the guy that turned every story into incest ones, even if it made no sense in the original and needed lots of suspension of disbelief to fit the art.

Everybody happy to complain
Nobody willing to step up and do better.
Please, continue.
Someone already was. Thus what the mentions of "sniping".

Honestly I believe this whole idea of sniping is ridiculous, scanlation is a voluntary work and not rationing, no one should be forced not to try just because someone else called for dibs

but it does serve as the perfect thing to counter your point.

Just thought I'd quickly do this out of curiosity, not to shit on or be mean to the uploader or anyone (as I cannot speak for if the uploader did translate this himself, or with mtl, or a mix of both)
I took the first 3 pages and used a OCR to get the japanese and translate it with google translate and 2 other translators on the net just to see if it better or worse.
I am glad more people are taking interest in translations especially when the big companies can't even dub or sub anime faithfully, but might I suggest working on series' that aren't being actively worked on by other groups, and I'd be glad to teach anyone what I know in regards to editing manga (If you want to learn my style [aka doodoo water]),Please feel free to reach out to my on discord. (I can't teach you japanese though lol)
I personally think they translated to their native language, then to english.

you can see many videos online about people translating things from one language back to the original and things change. then they go through a few more, and more. just for fun. and then play them as if song lyrics (which sometimes they are)

Group Leader
what people favor MTL for in manga is over oficial translations.
fan translations are usually made by either fans, or someone that wishes to share the work.
oficial ones nowadays are visibly more interested into changing the story, even the meaning of conversations, to fit their own worldviews.
^^ Funimation moment

Dex-chan lover
i would prefer getting hard from reading this manga than having the words getting hard to read.

Dex-chan lover

Yeah...there's like maybe less than 10 people in the entire industry who do that, so please don't insult the thousands of people in the industry who DON'T do this and DO do things right, just because you're upset over the actions of a few shitty people.

That being said, when companies start prioritizing profits over quality then you wind up getting shit like what you're talking about, and it seems like more and more places are starting to cut back on costs so they can pocket more money...so it might not be too much longer before this actually becomes a huge problem instead of just some "anti-anti-woke" bs like it seems to be currently.

Support the people doing good work, don't buy from or watch the stuff that shitty companies and people release. And don't get into Twitter wars with people in the industry who are doing great work but get shit on by trolls who want to be xenophobic and basically just say "westerners = bad"

Dex-chan lover
I mean, they didn't, which is the problem.

They tried more than 99% of people in these comments complaining about it, shrug. That they did a terrible job isn't in question and everybody can agree it's bad, but they did put forth the effort to go in and try to letter this thing to share with everybody.

Dex-chan lover
This kind of act, why I'm not supporting mangadex yet.

Already reported, just waiting for the devs to take care of it.

Sayonara.

Dex-chan lover
I mean... I'm quite grateful for the translation, but the quality of translation compared to the previous team is quite jarring.
More like, wtf are these sentences? Even MT is making more sense than this. I usually don't want to be ungrateful but this is just displacing proper translation.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah...there's like maybe less than 10 people in the entire industry who do that, so please don't insult the thousands of people in the industry who DON'T do this and DO do things right, just because you're upset over the actions of a few shitty people.

That being said, when companies start prioritizing profits over quality then you wind up getting shit like what you're talking about, and it seems like more and more places are starting to cut back on costs so they can pocket more money...so it might not be too much longer before this actually becomes a huge problem instead of just some "anti-anti-woke" bs like it seems to be currently.

Support the people doing good work, don't buy from or watch the stuff that shitty companies and people release. And don't get into Twitter wars with people in the industry who are doing great work but get shit on by trolls who want to be xenophobic and basically just say "westerners = bad"
Unfortunately, those are the ones more vocal, widespread and that seem to be getting more jobs nowadays.
And that means the people hiring think they do a good job, and thus hire them for more work.

I mean, it is easier to see in other areas than manga, like the Fire Emblem that got a whole dialogue substituted for a bunch of empty textboxes, or the lolizer that bragged about convincing the studio to remove a mechanic because he wasn't comfortable with.

That said, I do praise and defend the ones that I know do good work.

I will forever praise the translators of SMT Strange Journey. I mean, they had a whole blog about the proccess and how they combed to try and figure out what Arthur the computer was named after in case of other references - they knew it was a classic sci-fi or adventure author, the Verne is very explicit, but was it Clarke? Connan Doyle?
You don't do this deep a research unless you actually do love what you are working on.

And then there is Ted Woolsey.

People joke about his translations, but dude did it all alone, using just dictionaries and a game script - not even the game, in an extremely short time. Yet if you play his games... yes, it is spotty in some places, and sometimes the text is very different from what it meant, and of course there are the accents on Cyan and Frog among others, but you can feel that he had actual passion for his job.
There is a reason retranslations either keep some of his additions or have fan-made patches to add some. Weird they may be, but they add to the personality, they don't change it.

Woolsey to me is a localization beast.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah well thx to ai this will probably keep happening more often when certain groups or individuals keep holding on to already translated chapters for too long to maximize the biggest possible amount of donations to earn.

And the reader has to suffer through either bad translation or way to long waiting times.

Users who are viewing this thread