Houkago Kitaku Biyori - Ch. 16 - Let's Go Pick Up Autumn

Dex-chan lover

While I’m reading this chapter. I’m smiling and feeling warm and happy. Then the phone screen turns off and I see my ugly mug reflecting back and reality comes rushing back to say fuck you.

But man, for those 5-10 minutes while you’re reading it sure feels nice.

Dex-chan lover
Shun's ability to adapt to these little events is a truly great but understated quality. Or I guess, more specifically, I love his internal monologue and how earnestly he often tries to wrap his head around "the romance" Chokki (and friends) display. It's a bit hard to explain but I think things like him observing and trying to understand the acorn rates feels like a sign that he's just a very sweet kid by nature. There could have so easily been a jackass MC that constantly complains about getting dragged into things by an annoyingly persistent girl (and there are many, many stories like that - some of which are even good!) but it's such a breath of fresh air that Shun's first instinct to anything is to try and understand rather than be judgmental.

I can strangely relate to this chapter, collecting seeds from trees was my "hobby" back in elementary school :boomer:
For me, it was bottle caps and ice cream sticks. We also used them for tabletop games in recess.

I should start collecting sticks again.

Double-page supporter
Chokki casually wrapping her Christmas present on page 5 ;)

The entire exchange with the kids and under the leaves is adorable ^^

Many thanks for the chapter, as always! :D

PS The third speech bubble in the bottom right panel on page 13 seems slightly off: it seems like it should be one by Shun, but now it's Chokki's. Judging by the flow of conversation, I'd guess something like "My legs, remember?" :)

Thank you for scanlating this chapter!
I'm starting to really like this manga, it's so fluffy and full of romance

Dex-chan lover
For me, it was bottle caps and ice cream sticks. We also used them for tabletop games in recess.

I should start collecting sticks again.
I also collected bottle caps for a bit, but eventually stopped because I thought the damp dirt that was sticking underneath the caps was kinda gross :dogkek:

I believe I still have that bagful of red seeds back in my granny's house, maybe I should look for it some other day.

Double-page supporter
a few years back, I collected a bunch of really nice conkers and put them in an old chocolate tin. When I checked in on them a few months later they were all mouldy, I had to throw them out

not super relevant but this chapter reminded me of that
also I haven't collected any since then

Double-page supporter
The weird giant acorn I found with the giant frilly cap would be a huge hit in the acorn trading world, lemme tell you. Burr oak I think. I still have an urge to collect acorns, I have a few nice piles too

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread