How'd You Discover MangaDex?

I got sick of kissmanga sucking mondo dick, So i looked for a way to transfer my bookmarks somewhere else and here we are.

From Doki's site. Was visiting there pretty frequently checking on BD's and stuff back in the day. Got interested in New Game! after seeing it there a bunch of times then clicked the link. And I've been here ever since.

Also... Shout out to Holo and the Doki team for 10 years!! Thank you for all the TB of animu goodness!! :D

Found this site randomly while googling search some manga, created a account when I discovered that the translation team was shown as that was my biggest pet peeve.

Dex-chan lover
Know your meme. They said it was free and better organized than any of the alternatives, and I eventually made an account. Originally, I just wanted to read Komi-san tbh.

Reddit about a year ago or something, after trying to find a Fire Punch chapter to read at my idle time at work, the previous website I used (don't even remember the name) had like only half of it and here I found not only that manga but also many others I was searching for as well as discovering some new ones thanks to the front page promotion of popular chapters and anime per X hours. It was a great find and I'm happy to be here.

Kissmanga, the group doing Komi-san updated after about an epoch and the first page was talking about mangadex. Best decision of my decade.

When batoto was at some days of ceasing all functions i read an anouncemente that said they where going to leave the forums running for some more days, i never went to the forums so i took a look and everyone was saying their goodbyes n stuff, in the middle of all of those comments i found someone talking about mangadex as an alternative, i took a look a the site, it was not bad so i saved the page to see if it evolved to something better and it did, dunno who wrote that comment but ty.

Reddit.

Around the time Manga Rock announced that they are gonna start on a new concept app, I started looking for alternatives. There were a lot of suggestions but MangaDex looked the best to me.

Found it when I was looking for solo leveling chapters. Back then it was hosted/linked here from the scanlator site so i binged the f out of it. Enjoyed the fact that i can read everything here without hassle then. I can read manga, check out scanlation groups and their other works. Felt like a fair deal and a great support to the community. Specially liked the "read it in scan group site" first before it getd posted here. That way its fair that they get support and i get my manga fix and i have a place i can got to instead of having multiple bookmarks for each group etc. Mangadex definitely is a blessing for readers who cant afford copies yet or dont speak japanese

Group Leader
around when batoto is about to shut-down.
can't remember how I found this site though 🤔

I wanted to start reading Part 6 of Jojo and I was given the link to the mangadex upload. I used the website since around October, but I only signed up for MD around mid-January.

I always used mangaupdates and have a +10 year account on there...but it got annoying to look there for releases and then read them somewhere else, plus i don't like aggregator sites. I saw many scans mentioning 'mangadex is ok to upload to' or something.

so i check it out and wow, I prefer this place! no profit from the lovely scanlators <3

Bototo of course.

And I have this desperate hope that if I can recruit enough people from other sites to read scanlations I like there will be a paper copy or perhaps an anime.

Users who are viewing this thread