I Awoke as an Imprisoned Villainess - Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation, and I think you did a good job. Personally, my only criticism is that the font you chose has some problems later in the chapter, where the e's look a bit like c's, due to the line being so thin.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure the tongue can register a taste so strong you'd faint from it.

It's a little stupid, indeed. Curiosity killed the cat and all that. But she didn't faint. She must be hardened.

I'll echo the concern about the font. Always go for clear over evocative, especially since some people read this on a small phone screen.

Contributor
The TS is not well done but above all else the translation is not good at all or you can call it "wierd" like in the chapter... At least try to proofread your MTL and follow some tutorials on how to typeset.

Also, you should follow the numbering of the first uploader. Could you merge 5.1 and 5.2?

Translated by Chase Scans
More like Translated by Google...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter! As others have said, the translation reads decently, but a different font would be best.

Dex-chan lover
Normally I read MD on my PC... but it was my misfortune to read this on mobile today. This font is way too thin to survive the shrinkage of being on a phone screen.

I'm sure it would be fine on PC (I'll check when I get home) and maybe tablet, but there's a lot of people that read on their phones these days. Please have mercy on those unfortunate souls.

update: Even on PC that font has problems correctly showing the 'e' character.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That's some truly dire typesetting.

• Stay consistent with your fonts, unless the original is using two fonts – then match what it's doing
  • Don't let words wrap. Better to make subtle adjustments to the font size or to let the text overflow a little.
  • Proofread!

Dex-chan lover
Not bad for a first time translation, but the typesetting definitely needs a second pass. I’m not entirely sure why the text changes font every couple pages, might be best to stick to one of the fonts at the top of this page.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Thank you for the translation, and I think you did a good job. Personally, my only criticism is that the font you chose has some problems later in the chapter, where the e's look a bit like c's, due to the line being so thin.
You don't say.. page 5, bottom box, what I read: "is it okay mc to cat something so dclicious"....
I quite loudly blurted out "WHAT??" to that...
PC monitor at 1440 height, and the "line" that is supposed to make it an 'e' is not visible at all.
Even opening the image in a new tab and showing it in it's original size (1125x1600) you can only BARELY see the hints of the start and end of the line of the 'e'..

Aggregator gang
The font? Which font? Just on page 5, there are 4 different ones.

I'm not sure the tongue can register a taste so strong you'd faint from it.

It's a little stupid, indeed. Curiosity killed the cat and all that. But she didn't faint. She must be hardened.

I'll echo the concern about the font. Always go for clear over evocative, especially since some people read this on a small phone screen.
it is established that Sophia(currently in Violet's body) is descendant of apothecary family that every meds they make is strictly controlled by royals, she is pretty hardened

Dex-chan lover
4 fonts in two panels
Graphic design is my fucking passion
tJYZSjW.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hey, did you know that cocoa beans, the very essence of chocolate, are wreaking havoc with their bitter vibes? To make it edible, producers are tossing in an insane amount of sugar to tame that bitter beast!

Could you merge 5.1 and 5.2?
I also agree. That numbering format going to make problems later on.

Users who are viewing this thread