I Can't Do That With My Former Student - Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
xidvv.jpg

Dex-chan lover
"I'll do the mature thing by turning him down!"
"...By not saying anything to him and dating other people, lol"
Honestly, I'm finding it a little hard to see what he sees in her - she's been nothing but an absolute moron so far, in regards to handling him at least.
When the possible partner acts like this, I always kind of hope that the other person will agree and leave them alone, so the script is flipped and it's now them chasing the other person while gnashing their teeth in regret.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why everyone is calling her stupid, taking this simply a guy that she taught english to when he was young comes to her door randomly while she is drunk and says he's of age to be with her, and then says wait a few more years the second time. It's not really odd for her to not fully trust him and decide she is going to try for a more steady option, that age gap is pretty big. Not very manga like of course for her to not trust him automatically, but understandable for her to not bet her life in a few promises made on her front step. She can't really see all of his sincerity yet, though honestly it feels like mostly lust, he just talked about how hot her speaking english was. And how is she gonna tell him she decided to do the dating app when he apparently still doesn't have her contact info?
I do like this story, it's just he seems like he's the silly immature one to me

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
... Well, one of the protagonists of Getsuyôbi no Tawawa basically fits the description you gave, but she was "only" crushing on her adult teacher since her first year of high school. Oh, and they do the deed the night she legally stopped being a high school student.

Granted, it's not that famous outside of Japan yet, so that's probably why it's not attracted much self-righteous outrage over that.
Yeah that relationship was kinda crazy. Getsuyoubi no tawawa did get hate but it wasn't for that, it was because there was this poster of ai-chan in a supposedly "sexually suggestive" pose which isn't allowed because she's a highschooler even though she had a school uniform on and the manga starts with a guy bumping into her titties

Dex-chan lover
Flip the genders and try saying that. Would you at least go on a date with an 18 year old girl who has been crushing on you since being a small child?

People would eat you alive in 2024.
1) It's not real world
2) Japanese do not care, the sexual agreement age until last year was 13yo and no one complained apart from non Japanese
3) There are tons of mangas with JK girls and middle age guys
4) I and lot's of normal people genuinely do not care about stupid f***s with too much free time who judge other people, they could go on their stupid climate change walkings and get crushed by truck

Dex-chan lover
1) It's not real world
2) Japanese do not care, the sexual agreement age until last year was 13yo and no one complained apart from non Japanese
4) I and lot's of normal people genuinely do not care about stupid f***s with too much free time who judge other people, they could go on their stupid climate change walkings and get crushed by truck
Nah each prefecture has set age of consent to 18 so in practice it's 18

Dex-chan lover
I HAVE to ask what manga you're referring to :wooow:
Onee-san wa Joshi Shougakusei ni Kyoumi ga arimasu, "Onee-san is into elementary schoolgirls". Stumbled upon it when I was bored and scrolled through Mangadex looking for shit to read. Took me by complete surprised lmao. This manga is unpologetic to the maximum and
have the main woman officially dating and touching the girl

Dex-chan lover
1) It's not real world
And what is the main thing that’s always the foundation of the JK in middle-aged guys?

It’s always a fucking secret, so so what’s your point buddy? Every teacher and student relationship is a secret. Every office worker in high school student relationship is a fucking secret.

I can think of a dozen that are kept a secret and maybe one where people are OK with it. But it’s almost a secret, so I don’t even know what you’re talking about.

Supporter
... Well, one of the protagonists of Getsuyôbi no Tawawa basically fits the description you gave, but she was "only" crushing on her adult teacher since her first year of high school. Oh, and they do the deed the night she legally stopped being a high school student.

Granted, it's not that famous outside of Japan yet, so that's probably why it's not attracted much self-righteous outrage over that.
Even closer is Kodomo no Jikan, where the FL quit school to be with her former teacher the day she turned 16. And nobody was really surprised.

Double-page supporter
Flip the genders and try saying that. Would you at least go on a date with an 18 year old girl who has been crushing on you since being a small child?

People would eat you alive in 2024.
Yeah. Both people involved are adults? People in real life US don't give a shit only internet people do.

Dex-chan lover
But I don't think Japan give a shit, considering we have a legit pedowoman manga that's doing good there
It's wild that I do have to ask this, but... which pedowoman manga?

EDIT: Already answered, I see.

Even closer is Kodomo no Jikan, where the FL quit school to be with her former teacher the day she turned 16. And nobody was really surprised.
"Quit school" as in "skipped school"?

Last edited:
I appreciate that the friends at least understand that Shou's crush on Hinata is kind of weird and that Hinata knows that she should reject Shou. I'm not looking forward to the incoming love triangle shenanigans though. Also it was cool of the translators to translate all of the text for the app, even the tiny tos part.

Dex-chan lover
1) It's not real world
Your first three points were good. The fourth seems to be some sort of snowflake virtue signaling that's not at all relevant to the discussion, so...yeah, go touch some grass. Assuming you can find some.

With regards to the manga...typical trope tripe in this chapter. I'm about 50-50 on whether ML is going to stumble on FL on a date (with appropriately awkward shenanigans), or if he's going to be there to catch her when it inevitably goes horribly wrong (please please don't be some sort of SA/DV). I'm leaning towards the latter, but it really depends on how long author wants to stretch this out :thonk:

Users who are viewing this thread